Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-30-2009, 03:37 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Lions Considering Uniform Changes For 2010

Quote:
LIONS CONSIDERING UNIFORM CHANGES FOR 2010
Posted by Aaron Wilson on January 29, 2009, 4:17 p.m.

During a recent Town Hall meeting at Ford Field with roughly 400 season ticket holders, Detroit Lions team president Tom Lewand suggested that changes to the team’s Honolulu blue uniform could be coming as soon as the 2010 season.

According to an Oakland Press (Mich.) blog, Lewand said that fans should, “Stay tuned,” for uniform changes that will be “evolutionary, not revolutionary.” The NFL deadline to change uniform schemes passed in November, so no changes can be made for next season.

Ultimately, the Lions may go with a darker version of their trademark Honolulu blue and a possible makeover of their Lions logo.

Of course, changing the uniforms is only mere window dressing when your team is an 0-16 punch line. However, it seems like the team gets it that the fans couldn’t be more disillusioned, hence having the meeting with Lewand on hand as well as new coach Jim Schwartz and General Manager Martin Mayhew.

“I think what fans walked out of there feeling was there’s finally some direction and some unity in the front office,” said Lions radio play-by-play announcer Dan Miller, who attended the meeting. “They’re not going to waver in that direction. There seems to be a coherent plan that they can wrap their hands around and move forward.”

The blog post includes a link to an entire interview discussing the meeting.
FA!!!!! Just what the doctor ordered, new GM, new coaches, new unis, new lions, new hope.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:57 AM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh. You guys already ruined a classic look with that black ********. I dread to think of what your Management will come up with this time.

If you darken the blue- congrats, you just joined the Bills and the Chargers in the group of Idiotic Ballclubs who made their color pallet significantly duller because they somehow thought bright colors were- how do I put this delicately- 'happy'. The Chargers looked worse switching from blue to Navy Blue, The Bills already looked horrible even without the darkening pallett added to their abortion of a uniform.

Sorry. Before the 'Black Accent' Plague I was very very fond of the Lions' unis, and I'm a Packers Fan.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:11 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zycho32 View Post
Ugh. You guys already ruined a classic look with that black ********. I dread to think of what your Management will come up with this time.

If you darken the blue- congrats, you just joined the Bills and the Chargers in the group of Idiotic Ballclubs who made their color pallet significantly duller because they somehow thought bright colors were- how do I put this delicately- 'happy'. The Chargers looked worse switching from blue to Navy Blue, The Bills already looked horrible even without the darkening pallett added to their abortion of a uniform.

Sorry. Before the 'Black Accent' Plague I was very very fond of the Lions' unis, and I'm a Packers Fan.
Who says Black will be in the new uni's? I agree, the Millen black accents really killed a classic look and I hate them too (despite what other fans think). I don't think the darkening of the honolulu will be ""navy blue", I think the new uni's (if they are how this article describes them) will look similar to...

instead of...

That's my guess though.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pull out the all black jerseys all the time. no home and no away, just the black jerseys.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:50 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
pull out the all black jerseys all the time. no home and no away, just the black jerseys.

I just want to see them go to the throwback uni's with the solid silver helmet and darker blue jerseys. Nice and simple, like so...

tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they should all wear Lion King T-shirts.
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba.(Opening Lyrics of Lion King song should be played after every first down).
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
ESPforMe
Rookie

ESPforMe hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm alright with the black in the uni's. It is trendy but it fits pretty well with the blue and silver IMO.

However, if they use the throwbacks as the main uni's then I'm all in favor of that. Probably my favorite used in the pros.
ESPforMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
TheDoctor8
Rookie

TheDoctor8 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TheDoctor8 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I remembering listening to the BS Report and Mike Lombardi said that he was outraged when they went with the black. He said that the Lions uniforms were classic and that the Raiders took the silver from Detroit and black from the Army teams.

I think they should go back to the old ones. I am dreading a "new age" Lion, kind of like what Arizona did......well it worked for them so maybe we should give it a shot.
TheDoctor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Butch Peefington

The Lions uniforms are awful. They don't look good and it isnt like weve had any sort of success in them to call them a 'classic'.

Get rid of that feminine lion prancing around on the helmet first and foremost. I like the black uniforms a lot but I doubt those will stay as anything other than a alternate uni.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor8 View Post
I remembering listening to the BS Report and Mike Lombardi said that he was outraged when they went with the black. He said that the Lions uniforms were classic and that the Raiders took the silver from Detroit and black from the Army teams.

I think they should go back to the old ones. I am dreading a "new age" Lion, kind of like what Arizona did......well it worked for them so maybe we should give it a shot.
That's what I'm thinking...

Denver changes jerseys...superbowl
Tampa Bay changes jerseys....superbowl
New England changes jerseys...superbowl
Seattle changes jerseys...superbowl
Arizona changes jerseys...superbowl

you see the pattern here?
Old 01-30-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I support anything we can do to get rid of the "loser" image.

CHEERLEADERS!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no matter what they do, with proper testing i don't think the final jerseys would be bad. the only thing i'd be worried about is the change in logo. could you imagine roary's face on every player's jerseys and helmets?

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-30-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
no matter what they do, with proper testing i don't think the final jerseys would be bad. the only thing i'd be worried about is the change in logo. could you imagine roary's face on every player's jerseys and helmets?
Well if the article is true, then the lions have almost two years to plan on the new uni designs, hopefully they know Roary on the helmet=fail.

I know how about, The Detroit Lion Kings and we could have Disney sponsor us...:(
Old 01-30-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

could you see some guy getting that tattooed on his chest? it kinda reminds me of latin kings though. don't want any turf war going on.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-30-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
I think they should all wear Lion King T-shirts.
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba.(Opening Lyrics of Lion King song should be played after every first down).
Post of the year.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind tweaking the uniform a little bit. Maybe this is the color they speak of...

Looks like the Giants to me.

I vote just going back to the Barry Era jerseys. And require everyone to wear visors. Because it looks badass.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 01-30-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
That's what I'm thinking...

Denver changes jerseys...superbowl
Tampa Bay changes jerseys....superbowl
New England changes jerseys...superbowl
Seattle changes jerseys...superbowl
Arizona changes jerseys...superbowl

you see the pattern here?
Denver: Terrell Davis and the ZBS
Tampa Bay: 'Tampa 2'
New England: Beli'chic' and Tom Brady
Seattle: Eh, this one I can't sum up easily. Hasslebeck, Alexander, Seahawks D, Holmgren...
Arizona: Warner, Fitzgerald, Wisenhunt...

None of these teams really needed the new uniforms for 'confidence' and good 'karma'. Denver would've been in the Super Bowl back in '96 had it not been for Jacksonville. They were that good. New England was already a consistant contender with a '96 Super Bowl appearance under their belts despite their 'Transitional' unis. Seattle took a few years of good development and decently savvy personnel decisions to get where they were. Arizona I'm not sold on just yet. The only team that might've needed to shed their existance of futility was Tampa Bay- and to be more than honest, I liked the 'creamsicle' look myself despite the fact their present uni is an improvement.

Only the fan believes in Uniform Karma.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Are all packer fans buzzkills?
Old 01-30-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Butch Peefington

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Are all packer fans buzzkills?
Well they certainly all have a buzz.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

lol mandatory visors sounds awesome.

was bobby layne on our bowling team?

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-30-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Easy to buzz when you have an income to pay for it.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:50 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kowalski's next article is gonna be about how the Lions won't draft Stafford because they'll have new jerseys to unveil in 2 years, and they should have a new face of the franchise to go with the new jerseys.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:32 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
I don't mind tweaking the uniform a little bit. Maybe this is the color they speak of...

Looks like the Giants to me.

I vote just going back to the Barry Era jerseys. And require everyone to wear visors. Because it looks badass.

Is Bobby Lane bowling in this photo? wtf???
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:04 AM    (permalink
sweetd20
Veteran

sweetd20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The first thing they need to do is take the black jerseys and burn them all. That all black gimmick is the cheesiest way to try and boost sales and it has been too many times already. I've always been a fan of the throwbacks and a few years ago suggested a change to the logo on the helmets. I wouldn't be surprised if they go with a more aggresive look like the jaguar on Jacksonville's helmets.
sweetd20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zycho32 View Post
Easy to buzz when you have an income to pay for it.
What? Working at weight watchers because you have cheese curds flowing through your blood stream?

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08