Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

View Poll Results: Which player if he is available would you select?
Percy Harvin WR Florida 1 6.67%
Vontae David CB Illinois 6 40.00%
DJ Moore CB Vanderbilt 0 0%
Peria Jerry DT Ole Miss 1 6.67%
Darius Heyward-Bey WR U of Md 7 46.67%
Max Unger C Oregon 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2009, 10:04 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.
Default 1st Round Pick

Ok we all know that we always go PBA in the draft but if you were Ozzie and you were selecting what direction would you go? and why?
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Darrius Heyward-Bey because I don't think we can get a WR later in the draft that could make an impact, unlike a corner. I really like Coye Francies in the second, maybe even more so than D.J. Moore in the first.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted DHB because it would be a miracle if Vontae Davis is at our pick/
Old 01-30-2009, 12:41 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

I just think that DHB is not polished enough to really help us out right now, and that UMD hasn't been producing great NFL players under Friedgen other then Merriman... I would be hesitant to draft DHB...
Old 01-30-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
I just think that DHB is not polished enough to really help us out right now, and that UMD hasn't been producing great NFL players under Friedgen other then Merriman... I would be hesitant to draft DHB...
IDK if i like that logic... Does that mean the Ravens sholdn't go after any small school players? This logic would also make me question picking Flacco last year... In the end it's about the player, not where he came from or who coached him.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

2 things about that

1. EJ Henderson, D'Qwell Jackson, Randy Starks, Madieu Williams, Dominique Foxworth, Jared Gaither, Stephon Heyer!

2. By your logic why would you then vote for a Florida WR? They have never produced good WR's......EVER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
2 things about that

1. EJ Henderson, D'Qwell Jackson, Randy Starks, Madieu Williams, Dominique Foxworth, Jared Gaither, Stephon Heyer!

2. By your logic why would you then vote for a Florida WR? They have never produced good WR's......EVER!
your #2 Statement makes no sense.. I didn't say anything about Maryland not producing good WR? I said great NFL Players...and Heyer, Foxworth marginal at best, Gaither has not proven to be GREAT yet. Jackson led the league in tackles on a defense that was horrid.. EJ has not lived up to a $25mil contract and is no better then the player everyone on here talks about being expendable in Bart Scott and starks and williams are solid. But again Merriman has been the only GREAT player to come out during the Fiedgen era.

DHB screams Troy Williamson, Ashlie Lelie, Reggie Williams, Koren Robinson, David Boston just to name a few...I don't see him being Andre Johnson or Charles Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald. I mean do you really see him being that?? That is the WR we need not another #2 WR we have that in Clayton and have no need for another one..

Last edited by ChefMike : 01-30-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
your #2 Statement makes no sense.. I didn't say anything about Maryland not producing good WR? I said great NFL Players...and Heyer, Foxworth marginal at best, Gaither has not proven to be GREAT yet. Jackson led the league in tackles on a defense that was horrid.. EJ has not lived up to a $25mil contract and is no better then the player everyone on here talks about being expendable in Bart Scott and starks and williams are solid. But again Merriman has been the only GREAT player to come out during the Fiedgen era.

DHB screams Troy Williamson, Ashlie Lelie, Reggie Williams, Koren Robinson, David Boston just to name a few...I don't see him being Andre Johnson or Charles Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald. I mean do you really see him being that?? That is the WR we need not another #2 WR we have that in Clayton and have no need for another one..

It does make sense, you're saying dont pick DHB because MD players arent good in the NFL since Friedgen got there. Then you vote for a WR from Florida, those have never been any good in the NFL. You completely contradicted your own point.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Oh wow, I didn't notice Vontae Davis there. I think I would of voted for him in that situation, although I don't think he will fall with NE, MIN, and MIA sitting in front of us. Not to mention a few other teams that could use a corner.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
It does make sense, you're saying dont pick DHB because MD players arent good in the NFL since Friedgen got there. Then you vote for a WR from Florida, those have never been any good in the NFL. You completely contradicted your own point.
True....

Anyway, out of those on the poll, I'd definitely say Vontae Davis. Not only do I think he's a top 10 talent, but I think he's EXACTLY what we need at corner. Big, athletic, willing tackler.

Realistically though, he's not an option unless we trade up. DHB is a perfect pick for us at the end of round 1.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

David Boston was a beast for a season or 2, but he had bad character. And I am pretty sure DHB has good character
Old 01-31-2009, 08:43 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
No again your statement is incorrect.. If you said Florida has never had any good players in the NFL then your statement would make sense.. but your saying one position has never produced any good players that is the same thing.. you can say what you want... but DHB will be another Vernon Davis, great at the combine and no production on the field.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
David Boston was a beast for a season or 2, but he had bad character. And I am pretty sure DHB has good character
Most of Boston's problems came from the fact that he was roided up during most if not all of his NFL career. His body just couldn't take it because he was so far from his normal size.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of those options Vontae Davis no doubt but my realistic first round wish would be Hakeem Nicks aka Boldin pt. 2.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Of those options Vontae Davis no doubt but my realistic first round wish would be Hakeem Nicks aka Boldin pt. 2.
I agree about what you said about Nicks and hsi comparsion to Boldin. He's a great YAC guy and very aggresive. Solid deep threat as well. I think he is a safer pick that Darrius Heyward-Bey but Heyward-Beys ceiling is alot higher. If we did select Nicks, I wouldnt be 1 bit dissapointed but I still think Heyward-Bey fits our need better. If Nicks was 2' taller, I think he'd be a terrific pick.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

realistically I think Nicks is better in our offense. Yes we need a deep guy but how many times will we be able to get a legit deep ball to him? We run a lot of curls,slants and other WCO routes. And Nicks is perfect for that.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
realistically I think Nicks is better in our offense. Yes we need a deep guy but how many times will we be able to get a legit deep ball to him? We run a lot of curls,slants and other WCO routes. And Nicks is perfect for that.
well said dude. He'd dominate in our system, it fits him perfectly, he'd put up pro bowl numbers year in and out if he pans out. I've officially jumped on his bandwagon.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nicks IMO is closer to Anquan Boldin than Crabtree. Not saying he's better as he doesn't have Crabs balance or ability to grab it in the air, but Nicks is thick, strong hands, strong and hard to take down and has underrated breakaway speed. We all love DHB here but there is something in me hoping he goes top 15 so I'd be happy for him and we get Nicks. Hey anyways when he runs his forty DHB will probably go to the Raiders, lol.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 02-03-2009 at 01:32 PM.
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I will take either Nicks or DHB IMO. We both need guys like him in our system. But I think Nicks is better for us.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Nicks would have the mroe immediate impact whereas Heyward-Bey would take time to come along but has the higher upside, but greater bust potential as well. I'd be happy with either, but I still think corner is a bigger need.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I like Nicks alot.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Darrell Jackson was randomly good. I don't understand why he didn't bust.
America is offline   Reply With Quote