Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 02-01-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
cliffo21
Rookie

cliffo21 is a cocksman.cliffo21 is a cocksman.cliffo21 is a cocksman.cliffo21 is a cocksman.cliffo21 is a cocksman.
Default just an idea

what do you lions fans think of this...

sign Albert Haynesworth, Larry Foote
Draft
1. Aaron Curry
20. Duke Robinson
33. Max Unger
65. Michael Johnson (trade up or draft him here)

This would give you a front seven defense of:
johnson, haynesworth, rogers, ?
simms, curry, foote

and and offensive line of:
OG: Unger and Robinson
OT: Backus and Cherilus

and an offensive skills unit with:
QB: Cullpepper...get Stanton or Orvlosky in by Week 6
RB: Kevin Smith, Rudi Johnson, and some 5th rounder
WR: Calvin Johnson and some free agent

that would be a pretty good front seven, a young and upincoming o-line, and you would also not have to waste a pick on Stafford and try bto see if one of the other two would work out

if this doesnt work out, next year you have the choice of McCoy, Bradford, Snead, and any other under the radar QB

im just saying to rebuild a team, it starts in the trenches of both lines. a good o-line will open up the running game which would open up the passing game. a good front four will take the blockers off of the backers which will allow them to get after the QB which will take the pressure off of their secondary...
cliffo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find it funny how so many Lions fans think they'll sign Haynesworth.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
cliffo21
Rookie

cliffo21 is a cocksman.cliffo21 is a cocksman.cliffo21 is a cocksman.cliffo21 is a cocksman.cliffo21 is a cocksman.

im not a lions fan im a pats fan. i though am pretty sure they have a lot of money to spend so why not spend it. shwartz knows how big of an impact a big dt is on the defense so i think he goes after the best. it is just an idea that could help them get out of their position. haynesworth pry wont sign in detroit but im sure they will go after him...as will many other teams...
Old 02-01-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

THE LIONS WILL NOT DRAFT AARON CURRY FIRST OVERALL...christ. And Rogers?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we won't sign Haynesworth.

A) He won't play for us (figures)
B) It makes too much sense (i.e. we won't try)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Haynesworth.
No Curry.
No Rogers.
Yes Stafford.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even know what Rogers he is talking about.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
I don't even know what Rogers he is talking about.
I assume Shaun "Cleveland Browns" Rogers.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
At least he didn't say Rodgers.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Carlos? We could try to beef him up to 300-330...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Carlos? We could try to beef him up to 300-330...
Could always re-sign Charles Rogers. He's probably up to about 250 by now.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Could always re-sign Charles Rogers. He's probably up to about 250 by now.
I heard Charles Rogers can run the 40 in 4.3 tries.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:29 AM    (permalink
cliffo21
Rookie

crap my bad i meant darby i have no idea why i put rogers
Old 02-02-2009, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I heard Charles Rogers can run the 40 in 4.3 days.
Fixed that for you.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I don't disagree with the whole not drafting a QB #1 overall thing.. but I think your 2nd pick should be a QB or at least later on in Day 1. Culpepper might not want to be a back up but he isn't going to take you to the promise land and Josh Freeman might be a good fit. Why not trade down with someone like Seattle so they can take Crabtree #1 overall and still get the OL or DL guy you want at a lesser guaranteed price??? Then if you don't go QB later on go after a DT or a someone like Pettigrew to be the compliment at TE to take pressure off CJ ?
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote