Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lito Sheppard, Reggie Brown and a 5th rounder :D
Old 02-04-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Lito Sheppard, Reggie Brown and a 5th rounder :D
Throw in Stewart Bradley and we have a deal lol
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Donald Lee and a 4th.
Haha.

:) :)
Old 02-04-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In other news LJ still wants out as well and I for one hope they trade/cut him ASAP.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
In other news LJ still wants out as well and I for one hope they trade/cut him ASAP.
Yeah, I'm so tired of his garbage. Get rid of him.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Or not?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...ck-with-Chiefs

"I want to make sure people know I have not asked for a trade," Gonzalez said Wednesday morning before the AFC's Pro Bowl practice. "I haven't even talked to (new Chiefs general manager Scott) Pioli yet. I said there are reasons I would ask for a trade, but depending on the coach they bring in and the free-agent acquisitions, I could easily be a Chief next year, too. In fact, that's the direction I want to go."

"It's always been important to me to approach this game with class and do the right thing," Gonzalez said. "I have been so fortunate to be with the Chiefs. They've always taken good care of me. I have no complaints and I love the city, but who knows what's going to happen."

"I had a chance to talk with some guys who played in New England," Gonzalez said. "They all said he knows how to do great things. He knows how to pick talent. That definitely was the best decision that (Chiefs owner) Clark (Hunt) made — bringing someone like that in there that can turn this organization around. I have no doubt he's going to do it."

"People were saying, 'He stuck with the team when he could have maybe gone somewhere else,' " Gonzalez said. "I'm like, 'He's been there eight years. I've been with my team for 12.'

"I don't want to be on a good team. I know we can be good. There's no doubt. But I want to be on a Super Bowl-caliber team. I don't know how much time I have left. That window of opportunity is closing for me. I want to make sure I at least get a shot at going out there and doing something great."

"I would be selling myself short as well as my teammates if I did anything less than that," said Gonzalez, who is primed to set career receiving marks of 900 catches and 11,000 yards in 2009. "That's why I spoke to my team after the trade didn't go down to tell them I'm on board and, if anything, I'm going to play even harder because I want to prove to everyone in this room, city and organization that I'm not that type of (selfish) guy."

"I've never been the type of guy who goes to the media trying to get my way," Gonzalez said. "That's just not my style. If anything, it's just to explain my side of the story. I'm not going to start doing that now.

"I'll probably from this point on stop (publicly) talking about this. There's nothing to talk about. You can't do anything right now anyway (with the NFL barring trades until February 27). I just want to play it out and see what happens."
Old 02-04-2009, 05:19 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Now THAT's the guy who Philly should be thinking about.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Now THAT's the guy who Philly should be thinking about.
No thanks.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
No thanks.
I meant it figuratively more than literally. Another toy that gives Andy Reid an excuse to throw the ball 84395350435 times a game is the last thing the Eagles need. They need a legitimate pounder, whether it comes through the draft or a trade doesn't really matter.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:47 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Really? People will argue his age but he hasn't missed significant time and he was tops in almost every major statistical category for a TE and might be the best this game has ever seen. He makes any team he is on better immediately.

Give me a break.
no one will give a high draft pick for a guy who will be 50-50 about playing the year later.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Falcons apparently offered a 2nd around the trade deadline last year, but Gonzalez said he didn't want to play in Atlanta. Maybe things have changed.I wouldn't mind having him here. He would be a great great (and much needed) threat over the middle and in the redzone.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Falcons apparently offered a 2nd around the trade deadline last year, but Gonzalez said he didn't want to play in Atlanta. Maybe things have changed.I wouldn't mind having him here. He would be a great great (and much needed) threat over the middle and in the redzone.
I think the reason he said that was because he doesn't want to play on turf. He liked Green Bay because of the grass we use on our field.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:34 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id love for Oakland to somehow land Tony G. We could have a 2 TE base offence with Tony G and Zach Miller. Maybe we give up a 3rd rounder or a 4th and a player(Michael Huff, Justin Fargas?).

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Id love for Oakland to somehow land Tony G. We could have a 2 TE base offence with Tony G and Zach Miller. Maybe we give up a 3rd rounder or a 4th and a player(Michael Huff, Justin Fargas?).
You have as much chance of the Raiders trading for Gonzo as I do as being the next Chiefs HC.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll give you guys a seventh round pick for Larry Johnson if he doesn't make the team, and a fifth if he does, lol. Also, Tony Gonzalez is a 3rd round value IMO. He's old, and look what happened to Jason Taylor.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:02 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
I'll give you guys a seventh round pick for Larry Johnson if he doesn't make the team, and a fifth if he does, lol. Also, Tony Gonzalez is a 3rd round value IMO. He's old, and look what happened to Jason Taylor.
Two different players and two different positions. Tony is comming of a career year on a team that freaking sucked. He stills has 3-4 years in him and last year was proof. He showed great speration abilities, crisp route running, great blocking, his hands are some of the best in football. Even when Thigpen was focusing on him and was being double teamed he still but up godly stats.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Two different players and two different positions. Tony is comming of a career year on a team that freaking sucked. He stills has 3-4 years in him and last year was proof. He showed great speration abilities, crisp route running, great blocking, his hands are some of the best in football. Even when Thigpen was focusing on him and was being double teamed he still but up godly stats.
Amen. So tired of people citing age with him. He's the best TE in football, hands down, and proved he still had it. Don't you realize we were 2-14 last year? And he still played like he was 25? He was the best TE last year and it wasn't close.

He takes care of himself and he works out hard and plays hard every down. Stop with the age thing, it's tired and played out by now.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To hell with his age. He has a few more years in him. That's what GOATs do.

Gonzo & KC round 2 (34) & 2010 conditional 2nd or 1st based on
Matt Cassel!! and Pats round 2 (58)

I can't see NE wanting the Chiefs 1st round #3 overall b/c it's too costly. But the conditional 2010 pick gives NE the opportunity to cash in on Cassell with a number 1 pick that is less likely to be a top 5 pick.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
I'll give you guys a seventh round pick for Larry Johnson if he doesn't make the team, and a fifth if he does.
I would take that I just want him gone.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
It's like we're connected at the mind. Except it wouldn't work since they need OTs.
It's possible.

Offer Arizona a 2nd for Boldin which, in this class I think is worth dealing with, they can't keep Fitz and Boldin forever.

Offer KC A 3rd and 5th (What Jenkins and Rogers went for last year) for Gonzalez.

Take an OT with Pick 1, and possibly trade down with Pick 2, Getting possibly a 2nd and 3rd.

Thus grabbing Boldin, Gonzalez and a near full draft.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
It's possible.

Offer Arizona a 2nd for Boldin which, in this class I think is worth dealing with, they can't keep Fitz and Boldin forever.

Offer KC A 3rd and 5th (What Jenkins and Rogers went for last year) for Gonzalez.

Take an OT with Pick 1, and possibly trade down with Pick 2, Getting possibly a 2nd and 3rd.

Thus grabbing Boldin, Gonzalez and a near full draft.
That trade (Boldin for 2nd) would favor the Eagles big time no way they could pull that off IMO.

Last edited by Splat : 02-06-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

That deal wouldn't even work in madden (I think)
Old 02-06-2009, 08:37 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way in hell Boldin goes for a single 2nd round pick. Maybe 2 seconds but I doubt even that would fly. The guy may be unhappy, but he had monster numbers despite having his face busted and missing games. Total stud. Worth waaayyyy more than a single 2nd, and it's a safe bet that teams with higher second round picks would outbid Philly if the Cards found it acceptable.

And Jenkins & Rogers were both underachievers before being traded (see: Moss, Randy), so their respective values were low. Gonzo is a stud, and continues to play like a stud every year. KC would let him go for a 3rd rounder before the trade deadline when their season was sunk, why would they let him go for that with high off-season hopes?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

IMO unless Gonzo flat out fights the Chiefs ever step of the way to get out he is not going any where his value to the team is more then we could get in a trade.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Just some rookie stats of the last few 1st round TE's. Tony G could put those stats up 4 years from now.

2008 – 30th overall: Dustin Keller, New York Jets – 48-535-3
2007 – 31st: Greg Olsen, Chicago – 54-574-5
2006 – 28th: Marcedes Lewis, Jacksonville – 41-489-2
2005 – 30th: Heath Miller, Pittsburgh – 48-514-3
2004 – 32nd: Ben Watson, New England – 49-643-3
2002 – 21st: Daniel Graham, New England – 38-409-4
2002 – 28th: Jerramy Stevens, Seattle – 45-554-5
2000 – 27th: Anthony Becht, New York Jets – 40-356-4

Does the raise his value or lower it ?
Quote:

Last edited by bored of education : 02-10-2009 at 02:27 PM.