Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 02-06-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Bama9507
Rookie

Bama9507 smells like sex panther.Bama9507 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
well with bama not 30 im sure about that cause then they would've hit that 85 schollie wall by know, the adjusted rankings are published but receive almost no attention. ND won all the adjusted rankings last year since they almost never lose anyone.
And shows how well that works out for you guys since you don't win anything ever.
Bama9507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:08 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama9507 View Post
And shows how well that works out for you guys since you don't win anything ever.
jeah cause we did not get better than last year still playing mainly freshmen and sophomores. sure hating on nd is fun and all but at least have a sense of reality.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

btw joey i pm'ed you that florida ND recruit list

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-06-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
jeah cause we did not get better than last year still playing mainly freshmen and sophomores. sure hating on nd is fun and all but at least have a sense of reality.
An ND fan telling people to set a sense of reality. Come on wicket, that was too easy. You're better than that.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
An ND fan telling people to set a sense of reality. Come on wicket, that was too easy. You're better than that.
did you ever hear me give unreal projections. but yeah we (nd fans) do have a slightly elevated expectation in general, but saying that our recruits of the last two years have done nothing is such bs that i had to show some emotion in it.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-06-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

maybe someone can tell me here btw, does which recruiting rankings does the ncaa football game most closely follor scout, espn or rivals. I ask this bc i will have the new one flown in as soon as its out.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-06-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Axl Rose
Rookie

Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
If you give me a list of ones youve offered I could let you know.

But I havent really heard u connected to anyone.

Linder has been wrapped for u for awhile now according to a few people.
I think ND will have the top OL class in 2010 with Christian Lombard, Brandon Linder, Sentrael Henderson, and James Hurst.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
maybe someone can tell me here btw, does which recruiting rankings does the ncaa football game most closely follor scout, espn or rivals. I ask this bc i will have the new one flown in as soon as its out.
I think they use Scout mostly
Old 02-06-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Axl Rose
Rookie

Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.

Quote:
You do realize ND has destroyed Alabama almost every time they played. I think ND has a 7-1 record against Alabama including a win in the the 66 NC game.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone think teams will be scared to recruit Melvin Alaeze's younger brother Joshua Alaeze? He's a 6'1" 230 lb MLB who has been timed in the mid 4.6 range. he already has offers from New Mexico and Pitt.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Anyone think teams will be scared to recruit Melvin Alaeze's younger brother Joshua Alaeze? He's a 6'1" 230 lb MLB who has been timed in the mid 4.6 range. he already has offers from New Mexico and Pitt.
No, unless he has a history of acting up like his brother.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:
Don't hate on our championship. Notre Dame fans should just not talk period.
Too bad you can't win real championships...
Not to mention your state is so pathetic that in the 70's (1978 i believe) your government thought the team should have been national champions over ND, so you made them the national champions in the state of alabama, nowhere else. What a joke.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul

Last edited by CroomDawgs : 02-06-2009 at 02:29 PM.
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No problem.

What kinda of Miami fan would I be if I wasnt brash, cocky and hated by everyone?
You'd be an FSU fan. What would you have to be cocky about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
So I read you're from North Carolina, and your fav teams are the Gators and Red Sox.. what are your other favorite teams?
I get this all the time... I got into sports as a little kid because I'm basically the youngest kid of all my family and I wanted to watch what my family was watching and root for who they rooted for. It conveniently happened that my first baseball game I watched was with my family from Massachusetts (the rest of my immediate family are Yankees fans besides me and that group lol), first football game was with my family in Maryland, and my dad went to Florida so he sort of made me a Gator fan. Plus I've moved around a bunch (3 times), so I never really had a home town team.

Last edited by sbh15 : 02-06-2009 at 02:39 PM.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Corey Cooper and Kyle Prater are as locked to Illinois as you can be. Forget all the BS you read (And yes I know the words "came out of Cooper's mouth he almost commited to ND). I know these two will be signing with Illinois. 100% fact. There are also several big time ballers in Florida Illinois has great shots at.
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

Joey. What about LB Jeff Luc? 1 of the best LB's in the state. And he plays MLB. Sounds like someone we really need to target.
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently these guys could pull the trigger soon for FSU:

OL Ed Christian, DT Brandon Willis, DT Denzel McCoy, LB Christian Jones and CB Lamarcus Joyner
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresssh View Post
Joey. What about LB Jeff Luc? 1 of the best LB's in the state. And he plays MLB. Sounds like someone we really need to target.
If Jeff Luc doesn't get any bigger I really like him as a MLB prospect too. Problem is though is it looks like he will get a lot bigger and as a 6 foot DE he isn't a great prospect.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

from what I understand, next year could be a very very good class for Michigan.
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
Apparently these guys could pull the trigger soon for FSU:

OL Ed Christian, DT Brandon Willis, DT Denzel McCoy, LB Christian Jones and CB Lamarcus Joyner
Christian Jones is an FSU lock.

Don't know much about the other guys other then Joyner.

I'm expecting Joyner to be an FSU/Miami battle but I'm fully expecting to land him at the end of the day.

He's already said if not for wanting to leave home, he'd be at Miami. When you factor in that he likes us that much already. Plus the fact he is transferring to a big Miami pipeline like Columbus and will have Jahkari Gore as a teammate all year. I'm expecting us to be able to seal the deal with him for his signature.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresssh View Post
Heard of him just in passing.

He really isn't a great fit for us. Really wierd size combo for our scheme. I'm almost inclined to say he has to put on alot of weight an be a DT.

He'll be too wide and slow for MLB and he's too short and slow for DE.

He most his hips real well and can shed blocks and his instincts are solid. But I don't know if he will fit what we are trying to do and he certainly isn't explosive nor hes he have top notch speed.

I really think he could be a long term project DT but I haven't seen him enough to know if his frame is big enough to hold the weight.

We'll see. I haven't heard of him being high on the Miami board at all.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He most his hips real well and can shed blocks and his instincts are solid. But I don't know if he will fit what we are trying to do and he certainly isn't explosive nor hes he have top notch speed.
See to me that is what makes the perfect MIKE. You don't have to have top notch speed, you just have to be able to take on the guards and center and be able to shed blocks. To play in Shannon's system you also have to be extremely smart of course.

You're right in that he does have an odd height/weight combo so we'll see. Can't wait to see what he does in the off season camps.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
See to me that is what makes the perfect MIKE. You don't have to have top notch speed, you just have to be able to take on the guards and center and be able to shed blocks. To play in Shannon's system you also have to be extremely smart of course.

You're right in that he does have an odd height/weight combo so we'll see. Can't wait to see what he does in the off season camps.
Not if we are going back to Randy's system.

Speed is a must with what he ran. Yes I agree MLB need some of the sbove but with what Randy runs you need speed as well.

Look at Vilma, Morgan, Beason, Gooden.

All super fast.

Then you got a slow one like Cook and look bad he was. He didn't have a good year until BY got here and implemented a different defense that does emphasize speed as much.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Not if we are going back to Randy's system.

Speed is a must with what he ran. Yes I agree MLB need some of the sbove but with what Randy runs you need speed as well.

Look at Vilma, Morgan, Beason, Gooden.

All super fast.

Then you got a slow one like Cook and look bad he was. He didn't have a good year until BY got here and implemented a different defense that does emphasize speed as much.

Well I don't think we have an accurate 40 time on Luc though. He could be one of those guys that drops 5 pounds and goes out and runs a 4.5. Could also really be a 4.8 guy like his time is reported as right now, I just don't buy it.

Like I said though, definitely an interesting guy to watch and see what he does in the offseason at the camps.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Well I don't think we have an accurate 40 time on Luc though. He could be one of those guys that drops 5 pounds and goes out and runs a 4.5. Could also really be a 4.8 guy like his time is reported as right now, I just don't buy it.

Like I said though, definitely an interesting guy to watch and see what he does in the offseason at the camps.
Judging by how slow he looked in his tape. I'd say its accurate.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Bama9507
Rookie

Bama9507 smells like sex panther.Bama9507 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rose View Post
You do realize ND has destroyed Alabama almost every time they played. I think ND has a 7-1 record against Alabama including a win in the the 66 NC game.
Oh my god they beat the in the 1966 title game ?!?!? NOOOOOO !
Bama9507 is offline   Reply With Quote