Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 04-23-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs

I can't apologize for Iowa's recruiting success.

Lewis is very likely to receive an offer from OSU on his visit, and both Poggi and his dad claim offers from Ohio State.

I will consult rivals before buckeyeplanet, thanks.
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post

Lewis is very likely to receive an offer from OSU on his visit, and both Poggi and his dad claim offers from Ohio State.

Rival's offer database sucks. Always wrong.

lol at Iowa and recruiting success being in the same sentence. But then again, I guess it's all relative. A top 30 class for you guys is considered success.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you want false info, then by all means, go ahead. It seems to correlate well with your previous history.

Did Michael Schofield sign his LOI to Iowa yet? That's another one you "felt good" about.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Anyways, Darion Hall, Ivan McCartney and Corey Lemonier all rumored to be silent to us ATM.
I've heard differently on Lemonier... not that he's committed to UF, but that he really likes us but everybody around him is pushing him to UM. I'd be surprised if he were a silent to you guys.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I've heard differently on Lemonier... not that he's committed to UF, but that he really likes us but everybody around him is pushing him to UM. I'd be surprised if he were a silent to you guys.
You act as if the only reason he's considering us is because everyone is pushing him here. He's been a Miami lean from the beginning. You do realize Gideon Ajagbe is the only player from Miami Dade County that UF has gotten since Dorian Monroe in 2005.

Not to mention, we didn't recruit Ajagbe and to most people down here he was seen as a reach by your guys in an effort to finally get your foot in the door anywhere in Miami Dade County.

I seriously doubt your gonna come pull a player with that we are recruiting very hard, who is being pushed to Miami and has friends and ex teammates at Miami.

We have yet to hear a single person say to worry about Lemonier and most insist he's really pretty much done to us.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC offered Lynden Trail today, I'm surprised...but not really.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You act as if the only reason he's considering us is because everyone is pushing him here. He's been a Miami lean from the beginning. You do realize Gideon Ajagbe is the only player from Miami Dade County that UF has gotten since Dorian Monroe in 2005.
Where did I say that? I'm saying the reasons he's not as open to Florida is because of that, it's pushing him away from UF and to Miami. That's obviously not the only reason. You seem to act like Miami is in a position of power right now and that because they want a guy he's Miami's.

And nowhere have I doubted he's a Miami lean. Just because he really likes UF doesn't mean he can't like Miami. I just had a hard time believing he's actually a soft verbal.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENNSTATEHOMER View Post
That is a really good "get"...I get confused though, did this kids father play at Tech or was that another '10 OLineman?

----

PSU OL recruiting is really confusing this year. We don't seem to be really going after anyone hard. Betancourt either lost interest or we slowed pursuit, Graham still only has a verbal offer and a poster that gives off the vibe of being a family member is pretty aggressive/pushy on the scout boards when it comes to Graham/PSU. I'm hoping we can get in on K. Kolb since we've offered but I don't know much about this VA OLineman.
His father is a coach a Fork Union Military Acadamy (FUMA), one of the best prep schools in the nation. The highschool players don't play on the post-grad team, though.

His teammate Russell Bodine, an interior lineman (G or C), may commit to us as well.

This upcoming season FUMA has Mark Shuman and Russell Bodine on the offensive line and Nick Acree on the defensive line. Talk about talent!

That's another reason I'm so sure about Acree, he changed schools so he can play the best every day. Should help him and the rest of the team get better. Not to mention recruit Bodine for us.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
IrishTrojan
Rookie

IrishTrojan could make a wolverine purr.IrishTrojan could make a wolverine purr.IrishTrojan could make a wolverine purr.IrishTrojan could make a wolverine purr.IrishTrojan could make a wolverine purr.IrishTrojan could make a wolverine purr.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009...nd-picks-usc//
The nation’s top high school tight end has committed to play football at Southern California.

Bishop Gorman senior-to-be Xavier Grimble, who is rated by recruiting Web site Rivals.com as the nation’s top tight end, said Thursday he picked Southern California over Florida and Oklahoma.

“I liked everything about USC, especially that it was so close to home,” Grimble said.

The 6-foot-6, 250-pound Grimble is the third Gorman player to commit to the Pac-10 this month. Linebacker Evan Palelei and defensive end Alex Turner each committed to Stanford two weeks ago.

Grimble, who is ranked as the No. 39 overall prospect over by Rivals, caught 13 passes for 308 yards and two touchdowns in 2008. He recorded a 40-yard dash time of 4.7 seconds with a 30-inch vertical.

Grimble initially planned to announce his plans during an interview on the local Fox Sports Radio affiliate Friday.

“Everyone knows I’m going to USC,” he said after Gorman’s offseason workout Thursday.

Grimble will be the second Las Vegan at USC. Palo Verde senior defensive back Torin Harris signed with the Trojans in February.

Grimble, who had nearly 20 scholarship offers, can’t sign until February 2010. His commitment is non-binding.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting tired of WeareSC Irish?
Old 04-23-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Where did I say that? I'm saying the reasons he's not as open to Florida is because of that, it's pushing him away from UF and to Miami. That's obviously not the only reason. You seem to act like Miami is in a position of power right now and that because they want a guy he's Miami's.

And nowhere have I doubted he's a Miami lean. Just because he really likes UF doesn't mean he can't like Miami. I just had a hard time believing he's actually a soft verbal.
Happens to be true when it comes to Miami-Dade County.

Despite having 2 NCs, numerous 1st rounders, Heisman winners and tons of media coverage, you still haven't pulled a kid from down here since 2005. Not 1. That's going on 5 years. Why would I expect that to change now?

Our Scout guy did a study on Randy Shannons recruiting classes. I don't remember the exact number but he looked up every kid from Miami Dade County that has been offered by us and compared it to how many we actually landed. The success rate was over 90 percent.

If the kid was from Broward or Palm Beach then Id agree with you. But we are talking about a kid from Miami-Dade County. We've only had 2 of them not sign with us that we have offered (Webster and Luiget) and Luiget had some different circumstances.

Point is that for whatever reason, kids from Miami-Dade County are about as close as you can get to a lock to sign with us if we are seriously after them.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
IrishTrojan
Rookie

IrishTrojan could make a wolverine purr.IrishTrojan could make a wolverine purr.IrishTrojan could make a wolverine purr.IrishTrojan could make a wolverine purr.IrishTrojan could make a wolverine purr.IrishTrojan could make a wolverine purr.

not really...
there best stuff was with scott and now nearly everything i see i just espn garbage. lol.
Plus im not a subscriber at Wearesc so anything garry says about recruiting i dnt really see.
just covering my bases.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishTrojan View Post
not really...
there best stuff was with scott and now nearly everything i see i just espn garbage. lol.
Plus im not a subscriber at Wearesc so anything garry says about recruiting i dnt really see.
just covering my bases.

To tell you the truth, I hate that site. Full of diots, homers, and bandwagoners. I like getting info from there and that's it. I think you'll enjoy posting here a whole lot more.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:56 AM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

considering your track record....maybe you should rethink that.
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:20 AM    (permalink
PENNSTATEHOMER
Rookie

PENNSTATEHOMER is a cocksman.PENNSTATEHOMER is a cocksman.PENNSTATEHOMER is a cocksman.

These would appear to be the PSU visitors this weekend, prolly subject to change...maybe some show unexpectedly, others that were expected don't show at all...who knows.

MD WR Adrian Coxson
PA ATH Brendon Felder
PA DT Sharrif Floyd
CT LB Khairi Fortt
MD ATH Josh Furman
CT ATH Christon Gill
PA OL Luke Graham
NJ TE Kevin Haplea
CT RB Silas Redd
PA DE/OLB Dakota Royer
PA QB Paul Jones ("COMMIT")
PA LB Mike Hull (COMMIT)
VA OL Khamrone Kolb

Many members of the '09 class are expected as well, particularly Eric Shrive who hasn't been at all shy about stepping in with '09/'10 kids and talking to them about PSU. Many are expecting 2 (maybe 3) commitments within a week after the B-W game...our guy 'guaranteed' two but doesn't know if it will specifically happen at the B/W game or not.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:31 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Just seen a report talking about Lynden Trail's USC offer. Writers says the USC news and UF talk is just smokescreening an fun for the kid. That's he'll all Miami. Which is the way I've felt all along. He's going out of his way to seem open so that he can get offers like USC and go visit. If he says he's going to Miami, he might never get that USC offer and miss a chance to travel there.

Sean Tapley should commit to us any day now. Bout time we landed a CB. This should further cement Louis Nix. No way I see him going anywhere else now.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Larry121283
Rookie

Larry121283 is a cocksman.Larry121283 is a cocksman.Larry121283 is a cocksman.

Corey Lemonier = Cane
Lynden Trail = Cane if we want him, but we are recruiting him at TE, I think if you give him a chance to develop, he'll be a helluva DE.
Louis Nix = Cane, but needs to get the grades up a bit.
T-Glenn = Cane, Hurtt hooked'em good after he heard about the accident.

Ajagbe, we never recruited him anyway. It is like calling Frankie T a loss to USC, we didn't recruit him. Ajagbe isn't our type of player anyway.
Larry121283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree on Trail. He shows nice aggression and sets the edge well for a popsicle stick. He hustles in pursuit and plays to the whistle. He has great intangibles for a basketball player that's new to the position. I want him at DE.

Just watching and listening to Trail in interviews...it's obvious he's looking for attention and drama in his recruiting. I've been with you all along on that one Joey...he knows where he's gonna end up.

Sean Tapley....care to explain? What do you think of him?

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I agree on Trail. He shows nice aggression and sets the edge well for a popsicle stick. He hustles in pursuit and plays to the whistle. He has great intangibles for a basketball player that's new to the position. I want him at DE.

Just watching and listening to Trail in interviews...it's obvious he's looking for attention and drama in his recruiting. I've been with you all along on that one Joey...he knows where he's gonna end up.

Sean Tapley....care to explain? What do you think of him?
Tapley is next in line for me to see tape of. Haven't seen him yet.

But I do like his size/speed and relationship with other recruits.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

I don't understand these attention *****'ish recruits....
Old 04-24-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

weirdest athlete in this recruiting class: Jatashun Beachum
275 lbs HS qb running a 4.6/4.7 alledgedly(sp?). Could be the sickest fullback of all time. (not that im buying the 4.7 40)

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:18 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
I don't understand these attention *****'ish recruits....
It's actually pretty smart from a career perspective....they get an early head start on self-marketing and publicity.

As they receive attention, 2 things happen (potentially):

- increase in internet scouting ranking
- increase in name recognition (also a result of above)

Why not draw interest in your recruiting process so more people know about you. It can only help down the road. Bryce Brown and Terrelle Pryor are way ahead of the game as far as being household names in sport.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-24-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
It's actually pretty smart from a career perspective....they get an early head start on self-marketing and publicity.

As they receive attention, 2 things happen (potentially):

- increase in internet scouting ranking
- increase in name recognition (also a result of above)

Why not draw interest in your recruiting process so more people know about you. It can only help down the road. Bryce Brown and Terrelle Pryor are way ahead of the game as far as being household names in sport.
So was Willie Williams.

Recruiting hype means nothing. You can try to build it all you want but the bottom line is that the only way to make yourself a household name is to do it on the field.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So was Willie Williams.

Recruiting hype means nothing. You can try to build it all you want but the bottom line is that the only way to make yourself a household name is to do it on the field.
Nothing is an overstatement. When Terrelle Pryor is eligible for the draft many people will go "oh that's that top recruit that waited to sign with OSU". It helps to have that recognition and past in your favor before you sign your 1st contract.

It's funny that you bring up Willie Williams because we've had a handful of threads asking about him because he was a top recruit and told those stories in the newspaper. He might not be a household name but he obviously has drawn a bit more interest than an average scrub that gets kicked out of 2/3 schools and ends up absolutely nowehere. Like I said...it helps. It's not the whole package, but it's a boost, so why not.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-24-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

willie williams draft diary is one of the greatest pieces of literature i have ever read

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote