Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 02-06-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
CC
Veteran

CC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.CC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
well with bama not 30 im sure about that cause then they would've hit that 85 schollie wall by know, the adjusted rankings are published but receive almost no attention. ND won all the adjusted rankings last year since they almost never lose anyone.
Until their sophmore season when they leave the school for "personal reasons" aka Weis being a douche.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC View Post
Until their sophmore season when they leave the school for "personal reasons" aka Weis being a douche.
you mean walls who has already returned

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Bama9507
Rookie

Bama9507 smells like sex panther.Bama9507 smells like sex panther.

For the Bama trashers...quit hating on the 2 time defending recruiting champions

ALABAMA NON-QUALIFIERS 2007-2008 [6]
Kerry Murphy _DT

****Accepted Gray-shirt due to injury****
Jermaine Preyear _RB

****Drafted in the MLB Draft*****
Destin Hood _WR
Melvin Ray _WR
Elliott McGaskin _DB

*****Transferred before Fall Enrollment****
Jamar Taylor _RB _3* _5-9 _204 _4.66 _5.7 _Lakeland, FL
Bama9507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama9507 View Post
For the Bama trashers...quit hating on the 2 time defending recruiting champions

ALABAMA NON-QUALIFIERS 2007-2008 [6]
Kerry Murphy _DT

****Accepted Gray-shirt due to injury****
Jermaine Preyear _RB

****Drafted in the MLB Draft*****
Destin Hood _WR
Melvin Ray _WR
Elliott McGaskin _DB

*****Transferred before Fall Enrollment****
Jamar Taylor _RB _3* _5-9 _204 _4.66 _5.7 _Lakeland, FL
6 is maybe not ole missesque but still a bunch though. and i took alabama as example. ole miss would prolly be better

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-06-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Florida guys;

Any thoughts on Casey Turner RB and Calvin Smith DT? We are sitting well with both from what I understand.
Don't know much about Casey Turner but I thought I remember hearing that Calvin Smith's dad helped pushed Liuget to Illinois and Smith will follow. He is about 6'3'' 250 and will play DT in college. Claims to have a Miami offer too. Most think his teammate Corey Lemonier is the better prospect though.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Axl Rose
Rookie

Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.

Quote:
Maybe we should talk about the huge list of players Dick Rod ran off. Or as Michigan fans put it, "lazy out of shape players that can't handle Barwis's regiment".
Old 02-06-2009, 05:56 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Don't know much about Casey Turner but I thought I remember hearing that Calvin Smith's dad helped pushed Liuget to Illinois and Smith will follow. He is about 6'3'' 250 and will play DT in college. Claims to have a Miami offer too. Most think his teammate Corey Lemonier is the better prospect though.
His Step-Dad is the one that pushed Luiget to Illinois.

But Calvin Smith's momma wants him at Miami close to home.

When push comes to shove, who do you think is winning that battle?

Moot point tho. As I've already stated that we have 2 top 50 players that already play Smith's position and our staffs not likely to take him due to a numbers crunch at that spot.

I have heard he can play some OG tho. Not sure if our staff is willing to give him a look there.

I expect him at Illinois.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama9507 View Post
2 time defending recruiting champions
What?

chars
Old 02-06-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rose View Post
Maybe we should talk about the huge list of players Dick Rod ran off. Or as Michigan fans put it, "lazy out of shape players that can't handle Barwis's regiment".
that was one player, Justin Boren. Mario,Adrian, and Mallet were all gone no matter who was the coach.
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
His Step-Dad is the one that pushed Luiget to Illinois.

But Calvin Smith's momma wants him at Miami close to home.

When push comes to shove, who do you think is winning that battle?

Moot point tho. As I've already stated that we have 2 top 50 players that already play Smith's position and our staffs not likely to take him due to a numbers crunch at that spot.

I have heard he can play some OG tho. Not sure if our staff is willing to give him a look there.

I expect him at Illinois.
I have heard he looks pretty bad on the O-line so yea..congratulations Illinois on getting a damn fine looking DT prospect.

That is going to be a recurring theme this year BTW, teams across the country are going to be getting some outstanding prospects from South Florida due to the high number of D-1 recruits here this year and the number crunches by the big three.

Hell, I could see a team like FIU sneaking into the top 50 recruiting classes, which I gotta think is pretty unheard of for a Sun Belt school.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Please, let's talk about. I'd like to hear your uninformed opinion so I can get a good laugh.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

I like how Bama9507 had to private messgae me "You like Mississippi State "with rolls eyes emoticon instead of coming up with a legit response.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:47 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
I like how Bama9507 had to private messgae me "You like Mississippi State "with rolls eyes emoticon instead of coming up with a legit response.
He PMed me complaining about me neg reppin him for trolling on the Canes thread.

Just ignore the guy.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

Well what can you say, he seems to be a die hard Bama fan...
Old 02-06-2009, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Axl Rose
Rookie

Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Please, let's talk about. I'd like to hear your uninformed opinion so I can get a good laugh.
Well we had Justin Boren who transfered, the Michigan fans reasoning of course was that he was fat and wasn't man enough to handle Barwis's work out routine.

We had Sam McGuffie transfer, of course Michigan fans spined it as it not really being a loss. Even though last year they swore up and down that he would hurdle over all the competition on route to a 2,000+ yard season and a Heisman trophy. But now that he transfered he was to small for the rugged Big10 schedule and most likely not man enough for Barwis's work outs either.

Zion Babb, Patilla, Kates, Artis Chambers, Mixon, Mallet, James McKinney, Alex Mitchell, ect. All gone, apparently none man enough to handle Barwis's work outs.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I can infer from the Rivals article, Mack Brown named Florida as his leader
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
He PMed me complaining about me neg reppin him for trolling on the Canes thread.

Just ignore the guy.
Part of me wants to congratulate him, he is rising in neg rep faster than I ever did. Heck, soon he will surpass me.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well we had Justin Boren who transfered, the Michigan fans reasoning of course was that he was fat and wasn't man enough to handle Barwis's work out routine.
And you have information to the contrary? I find it hard to believe that some Notre Dame homer knows more about the Michigan program than insiders with connections to the program. Andy Moeller wasn't there to coddle Boren and Rod and his staff "pushed" him too hard and swore a few too many times. Rod and his staff don't baby their players like Lloyd and his staff did. Most of the guys had a real hard time adjusting between the two regimes. Boren couldn't take it anymore and had to go home crying to daddy. Sorry, but if Boren wants to be pampered like a princess then he'll fit right in at Ohio State.

Quote:
We had Sam McGuffie transfer, of course Michigan fans spined it as it not really being a loss. Even though last year they swore up and down that he would hurdle over all the competition on route to a 2,000+ yard season and a Heisman trophy. But now that he transfered he was to small for the rugged Big10 schedule and most likely not man enough for Barwis's work outs either.
McGuffie transfered back close to home to be close to his 16 year old brother, who he was trying to help raise. He had nothing but great things to say about Michigan when he left and said it was hard for him to leave the program. But yeah, let's not let facts get in the way of our personal agenda.

Quote:
Zion Babb,
Babb was kicked off the team for violating team rules.

Quote:
Patilla,
He left because the new staff didn't baby him, like Boren. The difference between him and Boren is that he pretty admitted why he left. He was moved to fullback and got pissed.

Quote:
Kates,
This was a grades issue. Rod can't do these kids homework or take their test. He didn't leave because he didn't like Rod, he left because he did have the grades to legally play.

Quote:
Chambers, Mixon
No one really knows why they left.

Quote:
Mallet,
There were rumors that Mallet considered transfering before the spring of his freshman year. This is before Rich Rod got to Michigan while Lloyd was still coach. When Rod got there he asked Mallett to stay and told him he'd build his offense around him. Well Mallett left anyway...

Quote:
James McKinney,
He left before Lloyd's last season, but keep pulling names out of your ass.

Quote:
Alex Mitchell,
This is the one guy who really was fat and couldn't handle Barwis' workouts. He got up to 360 lbs and told the new staff their workouts were "too hard."

If you have any evidence that disproves anything I said, post it.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
CC
Veteran

CC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.CC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Reuland, Gary Gray, and Carufel come to mind just off the top of my head.

Say what you want about Michigan, but that's kids who didn't commit to Rod and the spread, they commited to Lloyd and the traditional Michigan offense.

Last edited by CC : 02-06-2009 at 07:44 PM.
CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC View Post
Reuland, Gary Gray, and Carufel come to mind just off the top of my head.

Say what you want about Michigan, but that's kids who didn't commit to Rod and the spread, they commited to Lloyd and the traditional Michigan offense.
reuland transferred for more playing time, carufel the same and gary gray will be returning to the team in the summer. so if you try and show that weis is a sob by naming 2 guys who left 2 seasons ago looking for more playing time yay you.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-06-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
CLong4Heisman
Veteran

CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't forget Demetrius Jones. Named the starter, played like total garbage (sacked like 8 times). Never told Weis he was leaving until 230 the day BEFORE the game against Michigan.
He's now collecting dust on the Cincinnati bench.
CLong4Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mallett was loathed by coaches and teammates. The guy almost transferred the second he stepped on campus because he was homesick.

P-L covered the rest.

EDIT: Oh, Boren. Word has it he had beef with Rodriguez not allowing him to go home and work for his dad's snow-blowing rig. Rodriguez wanted him to stay on campus and work out, Boren wanted to shovel snow.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chambers probably transferred because he realized if you can't beat out Stevie Brown, Charles Stewart, Michael Williams and Brandon Harrison, you're never going to play.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Chambers probably transferred because he realized if you can't beat out Stevie Brown, Charles Stewart, Michael Williams and Brandon Harrison, you're never going to play.
I don't know why, but I laughed when I read that.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the word on Seantrel Henderson? Where's he leaning to?

I love it when Florida is up against northern schools, weather is an easy pitch to make.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote