Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 02-06-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
What's the word on Seantrel Henderson? Where's he leaning to?

I love it when Florida is up against northern schools, weather is an easy pitch to make.
Yeah, but proximity doesn't help.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What's the word on Seantrel Henderson? Where's he leaning to?

I love it when Florida is up against northern schools, weather is an easy pitch to make.
Says he hates UF and CUM so much, that he'll never think about coming there.

I got a quote from him

Quote:
I hate UF...so much
Old 02-06-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Says he hates UF and CUM so much, that he'll never think about coming there.

I got a quote from him
Alright, I'm going to ask one favor. Can we stop acting like 13 year olds with the insults? scUM, CUM, U$C, O$U, Gaytors, and whatever the **** other dumb ones you have aren't funny or creative. They're not. Ever. NOT EVEN IF THERE'S A FIRE!

Thank you and good day.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really like nd in seantrels case, minnesota has a decent shot, a small shot for osu and usc

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Just a suggestion,

might be easier to move this convo to the transfer thread that is epty instead of piling up the new 2010 recruiting one.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Alright, I'm going to ask one favor. Can we stop acting like 13 year olds with the insults? scUM, CUM, U$C, O$U, Gaytors, and whatever the **** other dumb ones you have aren't funny or creative. They're not. Ever. NOT EVEN IF THERE'S A FIRE!

Thank you and good day.
I can say what i wanna say, aint nothing to it, gangsta rap made me do it.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Thank you and good day.
What about Luckeyes? Are we allowed to say that one?
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
You can say what you want. I'm not a mod. I just think it makes you look like an eight year old ****** if you feel the need to say that type of stuff.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can say what you want. I'm not a mod. I just think it makes you look like an eight year old ****** if you feel the need to say that type of stuff.

It makes me look like an eight year old with the intelligence and looks of the perfect man? Thanks.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made you do it.:D
Old 02-06-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seantrell Henderson isn't going to Florida. And weather? Gainesville ******* sucks. It's a backwater swamphole full of idiot rednecks, constantly humid, and no beach. Weather I can understand for a school like Miami or USC, but hotter doesn't necessarily = better.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:37 AM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Axl Rose got owned haha

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:27 AM    (permalink
PENNSTATEHOMER
Rookie

PENNSTATEHOMER is a cocksman.PENNSTATEHOMER is a cocksman.PENNSTATEHOMER is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Something about Paul Jones and the Penn. State coaches misleading him.

Said he called VT coaches soon after Paul Jones committed.

Just what I read.
I thought both his mother and father wanted him elsewhere...I recall his father being pretty involved throughout his recruitment and while it seemed that he liked MM, and PSU, he came off as someone that was shopping his son wherever he could develop into an NFL QB.

You know Newsome will remain a QB at PSU, the only thing I could think of that he could have been misled about was PSU's chances with Paul Jones. Hell, it was pretty much as close to a lock as you can get with PJ, regardless of what Bob L. or anyone else says.

Maybe the PSU coaches played Newsome a bit and made it seem like the prospects of other QBs coming in weren't very good, I'd have no problem with that and if that were a reason for being unsettled Kevin Newsome shouldn't concern himself with it.

Unless he sees himself as a big-time project, he should show some confidence and bust his a$$ as the #2, he will see the field in '09 (a lot) and is damn near a lock to start as a true sophomore - can't get any better then that. I think he has a really good relationship with MM, Daryll Clark and incoming OT recruit Eric Shrive - hopefully they'll reel him in.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:23 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is what I think on Henderson.

Notre Dame is not in as good as shape as their fans seem to think they are. Henderson seems enamored with USC and I think that if they really want him, ultimately they are going to get him.

Tim Brewster is going to put up one hell of a fight and I would not be shocked at all to see him stay home. Henderson has told media that he likes the idea of being the cornerstone recruit for a program much like Arrelious Benn was for Illinois, Derrick Williams at the resurgence of Penn State, and other players of that nature. He's also been spotted wearing Gopher gear a ton and the new coach at Cretin (Scanlan) is much more into the Gophers than Bischoff ever was.

Ultimately I think it comes down to Minnesota, USC, and Notre Dame. With USC as my prediction as of now. But so many things can happen from now and then this is really just a crappy estimate.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:05 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Rodriguez and Michigan are trying the Zook strategy this year; offering lots of Ohio kids early on. Just the past week they've offered LaTwan Anderson, Jerald Robinson, and Antonio Kinard (not to mention other early offers like Darryl Baldwin, Derrick Bryant, etc.). Lane Kiffin looks like he's trying a similar strategy to get into Glenville, he offered DB Christian Bryant, not sure if he's gonna have any luck there but it's worth a try. I'm not sure about Kinard, but I think Ohio State will offer Anderson, Bryant, and maybe Robinson.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Looks like Rodriguez and Michigan are trying the Zook strategy this year; offering lots of Ohio kids early on. Just the past week they've offered LaTwan Anderson, Jerald Robinson, and Antonio Kinard (not to mention other early offers like Darryl Baldwin, Derrick Bryant, etc.). Lane Kiffin looks like he's trying a similar strategy to get into Glenville, he offered DB Christian Bryant, not sure if he's gonna have any luck there but it's worth a try. I'm not sure about Kinard, but I think Ohio State will offer Anderson, Bryant, and maybe Robinson.
I don't really think it's a "Zook strategy". From what I hear, Ohio is absolutely loaded for '10 prospects. The state of Michigan only has a couple elite players every year so of course he's going to have to dip into Ohio. I think UM signed 7 Ohioans last year.

How good is that Kinard kid? I think he's from the same HS as Isaiah Bell and Fitz Toussaint.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post

Penn State is also thinking about offering him. What position does he project at in college since they have him listed at 6'4 200 pounds. I saw some film, but didn't pat attention enough to actually come away with anything from it. Care to tell me a little bit about him?
Old 02-07-2009, 10:11 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENNSTATEHOMER View Post
I thought both his mother and father wanted him elsewhere...I recall his father being pretty involved throughout his recruitment and while it seemed that he liked MM, and PSU, he came off as someone that was shopping his son wherever he could develop into an NFL QB.

You know Newsome will remain a QB at PSU, the only thing I could think of that he could have been misled about was PSU's chances with Paul Jones. Hell, it was pretty much as close to a lock as you can get with PJ, regardless of what Bob L. or anyone else says.

Maybe the PSU coaches played Newsome a bit and made it seem like the prospects of other QBs coming in weren't very good, I'd have no problem with that and if that were a reason for being unsettled Kevin Newsome shouldn't concern himself with it.

Unless he sees himself as a big-time project, he should show some confidence and bust his a$$ as the #2, he will see the field in '09 (a lot) and is damn near a lock to start as a true sophomore - can't get any better then that. I think he has a really good relationship with MM, Daryll Clark and incoming OT recruit Eric Shrive - hopefully they'll reel him in.
I responded to your message.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:42 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinard's a good fit as a pass rushing OLB, but he's rather raw and very athletic. I don't know that much about him yet, he really popped on the radar just less than a month ago. Looks like Michigan is trying to get a good inroads to Liberty HS. Most of these guys like Robinson, Anderson, Bryant, and Kinard Ohio State won't decide on offering or not until spring, and then the chances of them landing with certain teams will become more clear. Jerald Robinson and Christian Bryant and probably LaTwan Anderson I think Ohio State offers, we might be more picky at linebacker since we already have 2 pretty much in the bag for 2010 in McVey and Turner.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerald Robinson declared U-M his leader, but I'm not really sure on the situation. That might only be because he doesn't have an OSU offer yet.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

yeah, he's big on OSU ("If Ohio State would offer me a scholarship I would take it that day, no doubt about it. I wouldn't need to wait around for anything else, or take any time to think about it.") , but he won't find out if we're gonna offer him until sometime between spring and summer camp. I think we will, but if we don't Michigan has a great shot.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gator insiders and others expect 2010 FS Jonathan Dowling to commit to UF soon.

His highlights start at the 3:00 mark.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Check out this video of Corey Lemmonier, DE Hialeah.

http://64.237.99.126/clips/NPN2010FLX5.wmv

If that's not a 5 star DE, I don't know what is...
Old 02-07-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Check out this video of Corey Lemmonier, DE Hialeah.

http://64.237.99.126/clips/NPN2010FLX5.wmv

If that's not a 5 star DE, I don't know what is...
He misses way too many tackles to be a 5*, but he looks raw...

Incredible athletic ability, a little coaching and he's a stud. I say 4* right now though.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
He misses way too many tackles to be a 5*, but he looks raw...

Incredible athletic ability, a little coaching and he's a stud. I say 4* right now though.
Yea you may be right and he probably will be a 4 star because of that, but man you can't teach that kind of speed, agility and size. My favorite thing though is the 'motor' on him. Usually the phrase motor is reserved for the slightly under athletic (my made up term) white guy who goes non stop; you'll rarely see it applied to freak athletes like Lemmonier, but based on that clip this guy has a non stop motor.