Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 02-07-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
I figure Seastrunk will end up at Texas in the end, but man I'd love to have him.
I thought he was a LSU lock, what happened, isn't LSU his leader?
Old 02-07-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Don't really know. I know he's open to LSU and he has ties here but Temple is a Texas stronghold.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't really know. I know he's open to LSU and he has ties here but Temple is a Texas stronghold.

He's from Louisiana though, right? Also what's his relation with trovon reed?
Old 02-07-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
TexasKing007
Rookie

TexasKing007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
I thought he was a LSU lock, what happened, isn't LSU his leader?
Don't know where you heard that.

Everything I've read has said that he has LSU and Texas at the top, USC in the middle, and everyone else at the bottom.

It's a two horse race and we recruit that area very well. He should be the only RB we offer this year. That may or may not give us an advantage, but it certainly means we will throw everything we have at him.

He was supposed to go to a LSU junior day previously but I have read that he didn't show up. He came in to our junior day a day early so he could have some one-on-one time with Mack Brown so I like how we are playing it so far. We will probably offer him tomorrow.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im very happy about the Taylor Bible commitment to Texas

Mack should get a few more tomorrow.
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I figure Seastrunk will end up at Texas in the end, but man I'd love to have him.
I really hope you are right but I think LSU is very much in the mix. Another thing to remember is Lache and Travon Reed want to play together.
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
JayP
Rookie

JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Henderson seems enamored with USC and I think that if they really want him, ultimately they are going to get him.
The same way USC really wanted Te'o and Burfict, and got neither?

I did hear the whole blurb about Henderson wanting a USC offer. But after I heard that, Henderson did a unofficial to ND. Kinda odd there. While by no means is he a lock for ND, I think ND is further ahead than USC in his recruitment.

I think Henderson ultimately becomes a 3 team race of Minny, ND, and a undetermined 3rd team.
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama9507 View Post
Posting PM's is a chick move
Yea cuz chicks post here right? Unless maybe you are one. Welcome to the board Ms. Bama9507!!

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

Quote:
He's from Louisiana though, right? Also what's his relation with trovon reed?
I think he moved when he was really little so he's basically grown up in Texas. I believe he and Trevon (Trovon? whichever it is, I don't know) are 1st cousins and I'm pretty sure he's related some way to Michael Ford.

It'll be an interesting recruitment for sure. As long as we keep Reed in state I'll be satisfied.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:37 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP View Post
The same way USC really wanted Te'o and Burfict, and got neither?

I did hear the whole blurb about Henderson wanting a USC offer. But after I heard that, Henderson did a unofficial to ND. Kinda odd there. While by no means is he a lock for ND, I think ND is further ahead than USC in his recruitment.

I think Henderson ultimately becomes a 3 team race of Minny, ND, and a undetermined 3rd team.
Te'o and Burfict are two different stories. Burfict wanted to be a trojan, but didn't have the grades. ****, Burfict might not even be able to qualify for ASU let alone USC. Te'o was a good get for the domers, and a surprise. Pete can't win them all, but he'll gets most of his high targets.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENNSTATEHOMER View Post
-NY OG Daquan Jones (6'4 305) - coach telling him look hard at PSU, likes PSU - no offer
Heard he was a Maryland lean.

Quote:
-NY DE Dominique Easley (6'3 255) - PSU got in on him fairly early...we'll see - no offer
RU is on him very hard.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:09 AM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL

Lache has plenty of family ties in LA, plus Michael Ford is his cousin.

On his visit to LSU didn't he say it felt like he finally came home? Or something like that.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:26 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504 to ATL View Post
Lache has plenty of family ties in LA, plus Michael Ford is his cousin.

On his visit to LSU didn't he say it felt like he finally came home? Or something like that.
I remember hearing that too (something like that), but then again....Recruits say the darndest things.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:19 AM    (permalink
Bama9507
Rookie

Bama9507 smells like sex panther.Bama9507 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
What's funny is you thinking I'm the one that takes it seriously but yet you care enough to PM me and then right posts about it all over the thread.

How about you left the boards and come back when your past the age of 12.

I'll go ahead and block you so I don't have to deal with this.
Thank god. Reading all your "inside sources" and recruiting info as a guest through the 09 year that never happened too much for me to bare.
Bama9507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Gchu83
Rookie

Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I hope you're right but everything I read points to LSU.
Gchu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the schools that he listed (USC/A&M/OU/UT) will probably be where he goes. I expect him to play with his brother at A&M.
I'm pretty sure that Sherman visited with him during the coaching staff's big recruiting trip. They want to lock down all the Houston and Shreveport kids, as part of their recruiting strategy. I don't know if he'll come here, I think he ends up at USC.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:43 AM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

Who do you guys think will be the #1 recruit in the nation? Going to be a in state homer and say Jake Heaps for me ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seantrel Henderson.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:51 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughGame View Post
Who do you guys think will be the #1 recruit in the nation? Going to be a in state homer and say Jake Heaps for me ;)
I doubt anyone from Virginia is under consideration unless Acree completely dominates from here on out.

We have a lot of potential Rivals100 players, though.

Phillip Sims, QB
Nick Acree, DT
Mark Shuman, OT
Justin Hunter, WR
Zack McCray, DE

Then players like Evan Hailes (DT), Travis Williams (LB/ S), Brian Laiti (LB), and more who will be top 250 with a chance to sneak in the 100.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Seantrel Henderson.
Wow, I totally forgot about Seantrel. I feel stupid now lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
JayP
Rookie

JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Te'o and Burfict are two different stories. Burfict wanted to be a trojan, but didn't have the grades. ****, Burfict might not even be able to qualify for ASU let alone USC. Te'o was a good get for the domers, and a surprise. Pete can't win them all, but he'll gets most of his high targets.
My point was that just because USC wants someone is no guarantee that they will get them. The dude I quoted originally made it sound like that kids just verbal to USC the second Carroll offers them, and that Henderson will do the same just because Carroll wants him to play at USC.

I will agree...Pete does get an abnormal amount of the kids he goes after. Probably why when he whiffs on kids he wants, its big news.

As far as Te'o goes, I think there were signs that he wasn't the lock that some USC fans were calling him. He made some quotes about "rowing his own canoe" and how biggest recruiting event he remembered was the students at ND wearing leis during his visit, even though the NCAA warned them not to.
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:38 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jeah seantrell will be #1 , jeffcoat second i suppose

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP View Post
My point was that just because USC wants someone is no guarantee that they will get them. The dude I quoted originally made it sound like that kids just verbal to USC the second Carroll offers them, and that Henderson will do the same just because Carroll wants him to play at USC.

I will agree...Pete does get an abnormal amount of the kids he goes after. Probably why when he whiffs on kids he wants, its big news.

As far as Te'o goes, I think there were signs that he wasn't the lock that some USC fans were calling him. He made some quotes about "rowing his own canoe" and how biggest recruiting event he remembered was the students at ND wearing leis during his visit, even though the NCAA warned them not to.
Plus ND threw in a package deal (USC was never going to offer any of his friends), and Manti probably felt that Charlie would handle his "mission" better.

Quote:
seantrell will be #1 , jeffcoat
That seems right to me.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gchu83 View Post
I hope you're right but everything I read points to LSU.
I've just learned to never count out Texas for a guy in Texas that they REALLY want, I guess.

I haven't really heard anything about him lately other than he and Trevon are saying they want to go to school together (and Tony Hurd, I think). I'll take all three if they really want to come.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I've just learned to never count out Texas for a guy in Texas that they REALLY want, I guess.

I haven't really heard anything about him lately other than he and Trevon are saying they want to go to school together (and Tony Hurd, I think). I'll take all three if they really want to come.
I heard (it's probably a stupid rumor), but LSU didn't offer Christine Micheals because of Lache.