Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 03-11-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Back to ignoring the topic and bashing Miami.

Ignore!

Maturity helps dude really. It's perfectly alright for us to have a discussion about your prospect that you brought up without you having to trash Miami because you don't like my opinion (that has been shared by many) on your guy.
I'm 100% positive you talked to me. You bashed my guy first. I apoligize that recruiting battles are your biggest victories now adays.

Sniper, you are ignorant. Booker was second team ACC, Powell honorable mention. Both made the NFL. They were also a part of four top five defenses, including two number one defenses.

Cordarrow Thompson and John Graves were huge for us last season, and we once again were a top defense. Both will make the NFL in all liklihood.

None of those players have near the talent of Acree.

Additionally, Virginia is known for it's athletes. Not many big time defensive tackles come from the state.

Charlie Wiles is one of the best in the nation. Defensive tackles are a big part of our scheme, and our defensive ends make the NFL every year.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh baby, second team and honorable mention? Well, ****, if that doesn't scream awesomeness to you, I don't know what does.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never used the ignore feature before. I think I like it.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Oh baby, second team and honorable mention? Well, ****, if that doesn't scream awesomeness to you, I don't know what does.
I'm pretty sure that qualifies as doing something.

Four top five defenses, yeah. And we send DL to the NFL every year. Even if they aren't drafted sky high, we get them there. Graves, Taco Thompson, Jason Worilds, and possibly Nekos Brown, our entire starting DL this upcoming season, have great shots at the NFL. Orion Martin is going this season.

I hope you enjoy a losing season. Again.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Never used the ignore feature before. I think I like it.
Yea, the passive agressiveness from that guy is out of control. Say one thing about VT and he will instantly trash your program.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
PENNSTATEHOMER
Rookie

PENNSTATEHOMER is a cocksman.PENNSTATEHOMER is a cocksman.PENNSTATEHOMER is a cocksman.

I'm still pissed off about Mike Hull and rivals reasoning for him not being in the rivals 100. They want to use the size excuse, which is ******** because I looked back to the '05 class and can easily count about 20 LBs that were all rivals 100 prospects, and all 20 were shorter and weighed less than Hull. I went by 6'1 215 pounds, and quite frankly that is conservative because he hasn't wrestled as a junior and has said that he is heavier than 215 now.

Just sounds like more BS excuses from Rivals because they have no clue what is going on in VA, PA, and a few other states. Rivals has frigging 3 kids from PA on the list...and while I was thrilled that Paul Jones made it, I honestly think he should be higher...like 70-75 range. No Sharrif Floyd at DT, no Dakota Royer at DE/LB, no CB Cullen Christian who tested off the charts at the Nike camp this past weekend (registered damn near a 40" vertical) and low 4.2 short shuttle.

I thought Hull was going to be 60-65 range, which is why I was so shocked that I couldn't find him on the list. 333 tackles in 3 years before even having played his SR. year. I believe Dan Connor came to PSU with 400 + tackles in H.S. (left with 400 + collegiately). Connor wasn't bigger than 215 pounds when he came in and apparently shrunk to 6'2 from the time he got to PSU. He wasn't even close to being the ATH that Hull is, nor does he have anywhere near the speed Hull has but he was a 5* prospect.

-First team All-conference as a true freshman. 104 tackles on D.

-First team All-conference as a sophomore, and the leading WPIAL (QUAD A) rusher with over 1,300 yards (over 7 YPC) and 14 TDs. Added 117 tackles on D.

-Second in WPIAL, and 6th in the state as a sophomore wrestler. Also won state championship in baseball (outfielder).

-First team All-State as a junior. Named top LB in the conference by coaches, 1st team associated press AAAA LB, rushed for over 800 yards despite injuries and missing games. Added 112 tackles on D.

Dokish on PA rankings for '10:

http://www.pghsports.com/PSR-News/show_news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1233849984&arc hive=&template=

2. Mike Hull, Canon-McMillan HS (Canonsburg) LB- Not big yet at 6'1" and 215 pounds, but he will get big enough. On the slight chance that he doesn't, he has the skill set to also be a safety. Excellent straight line speed and very strong. Great natural instincts and just an excellent football player. Born to play linebacker at PENN STATE, and that's exactly what he's going to do.

Last edited by PENNSTATEHOMER : 03-11-2009 at 09:35 PM.
PENNSTATEHOMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENNSTATEHOMER View Post
I'm still pissed off about Mike Hull and rivals reasoning for him not being in the rivals 100. Every year there are LBs that go to schools like LSU, VT, FSU, Miami (FL), UF, Auburn (among others), that aren't big and they are rivals 100 players. I'm talking about kids that aren't even 200 pounds, and some not even 6' tall.

They want to use the size excuse, which is ******** because I looked back to the '05 class and can easily count about 20 LBs that were all rivals 100 prospects, and all 20 were shorter and weighed less than Hull. I went by 6'1 215 pounds, and quite frankly that is conservative because he hasn't wrestled as a junior and has said that he is heavier than 215 now.

If this were a black kid (hate to play the race card, but I will do it just to prove bias) from Florida, Texas, California, and he were a 6' 210 pound LB with 4.4-4.5 speed from one of those states and you played Hull's film to highlight this prospect, he would probably be a 5* prospect, instantly more athletic, and a definite rivals 100 prospect. I hate saying it but I honestly believe it is true, and would be proven true in real life.

Just sounds like more BS excuses from Rivals because they have no clue what is going on in VA, PA, and a few other states. Rivals has frigging 3 kids from PA on the list...and while I was thrilled that Paul Jones made it, I honestly think he should be higher...like 70-75 range. No Sharrif Floyd at DT, no Dakota Royer at DE/LB, no CB Cullen Christian who tested off the charts at the Nike camp this past weekend (registered damn near a 40" vertical) and low 4.2 short shuttle. I thought Hull was going to be 60-65 range, which is why I was so shocked that I couldn't find him on the list. 333 tackles in 3 years before even having played his SR. year. I believe Dan Connor came to PSU with 400 + tackles in H.S. (left with 400 + collegiately) and he was a 5* prospect. He wasn't bigger than 215 pounds, and he wasn't even close to being the ATH that Hull is, nor does he have anywhere near the speed Hull has.

-First team All-conference as a true freshman. 104 tackles on D.

-First team All-conference as a sophomore, and the leading WPIAL (QUAD A) rusher with over 1,300 yards (over 7 YPC) and 14 TDs. Added 117 tackles on D.

-Second in WPIAL, and 6th in the state as a sophomore wrestler. Also won state championship in baseball as an outfielder.

-First team All-State as a junior. Named top LB in the conference by coaches, 1st team associated press AAAA LB, rushed for over 800 yards despite injuries and missing games. Added 112 tackles on D.

Dokish on PA rankings for '10:

http://www.pghsports.com/PSR-News/show_news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1233849984&arc hive=&template=

2. Mike Hull, Canon-McMillan HS (Canonsburg) LB- Not big yet at 6'1" and 215 pounds, but he will get big enough. On the slight chance that he doesn't, he has the skill set to also be a safety. Excellent straight line speed and very strong. Great natural instincts and just an excellent football player. Born to play linebacker at PENN STATE, and that's exactly what he's going to do.
Dude they started Sean Spence as a 3* in 2008.

They gave us the same reasoning that you got for Hull.

So don't tell me they actually give us solid rankings. Our players are never ranked properly. They always have to play so well that Rivals has no choice but to move them up. Look at Ray Ray and Reid last year as perfect examples.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joey, do you have a link for the Florida hs rankings?

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Bama9507
Rookie

Bama9507 smells like sex panther.Bama9507 smells like sex panther.

Future Bama commit Hurst is a 5 star !

Here comes title 3 bay bee !!
Bama9507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:09 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Joey, do you have a link for the Florida hs rankings?
Your looking for the player rankings or team rankings?
Old 03-12-2009, 07:20 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Player rankings.

Duke Blue Devils

Old 03-12-2009, 08:49 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Player rankings.
There really isnt a composite list out yet.

Remember Florida isnt like Virginia (Im guessing thats where ur from). We will likely have close to 300 kids go D1 this year. Takes alot of time and eval to put out a good top 100 of in state kids.

SoFlaFootball.com has a pretty solid top 100 but thats just kids from Miami, Broward and Palm Beach. Most the in state talent this year are from that area but there are still a few top guys from Jacksonville, Central Florida and Naples that are not included.

You can also check basically any Miami, UF or FSU based MB and ull get more or less the same general consensus on the top 15 or so guys. Im putting the final tweaks on my own personal top 50 as well if ur interested in that.

Short of all that, you have to wait until FLAvarsity.com puts out their top 100 in a couple months. They are always spot on with the rankings they put out. Hands down the best ones IMO.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:03 AM    (permalink
PENNSTATEHOMER
Rookie

PENNSTATEHOMER is a cocksman.PENNSTATEHOMER is a cocksman.PENNSTATEHOMER is a cocksman.

DUDE, if this were an undersized kid (forget the black/white thing...that was stupid, but I do believe it has truth to it) from one of the states I mentioned, Farrell and others would be chanting SEC SPEED to themselves and talking about how coveted this slightly undersized, sideline-to-sideline ATH is. Then you actually watch the tape, and see Hull pursue the ball, give the effort he does, attack the LOS, and play the way he does play in and play out with awareness and instinct, there is simply no justification for him not to be in it.....when you watch him ACTUALLY play football.

Also keep in mind that he is an '10 recruit, that ended his recruitment in November of 2008! That generally isn't going to score you any points with recruiting sites.

Players that immediately come to mind having looked over the lists last night are; Tray Blackmon, Akeem Hebron, Arthur Brown (listed at 6'1 210), Nick Moody (PA kid that went to FSU), Brandon Beachum (5'11 215 - PSU), Tray Blackmon, Allen Bradford (listed as 5* 5'11 195 LB)...If Dorian Bell is 5* in '09, at his size, playing for Gateway, than Hull is on the verge of 5* (in my mind) for the '10 class, and a definite top 2-3 player in the state.

I'm done with my rant on this...I'm over it and probably on the verge of pissing the board off.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:15 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Good guess Joey and thanks. Good luck in the fall. Here's a VA top 30 just incase yall are going after any these guys.

http://virginiapreps.rivals.com/view...2319&Year=2010

Duke Blue Devils

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 03-12-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't the 250 get announced today as well?
Old 03-12-2009, 09:17 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Doesn't the 250 get announced today as well?
that is correct
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub11 View Post
that is correct
Do you know what time?
Old 03-12-2009, 09:28 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Do you know what time?
someone on rivals board said it will be posted this afternoon, Ill watch for it and post a link when I see it
Old 03-12-2009, 09:38 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENNSTATEHOMER View Post
DUDE, if this were an undersized kid (forget the black/white thing...that was stupid, but I do believe it has truth to it) from one of the states I mentioned, Farrell and others would be chanting SEC SPEED to themselves and talking about how coveted this slightly undersized, sideline-to-sideline ATH is. Then you actually watch the tape, and see Hull pursue the ball, give the effort he does, attack the LOS, and play the way he does play in and play out with awareness and instinct, there is simply no justification for him not to be in it.....when you watch him ACTUALLY play football.

Also keep in mind that he is an '10 recruit, that ended his recruitment in November of 2008! That generally isn't going to score you any points with recruiting sites.

Players that immediately come to mind having looked over the lists last night are; Tray Blackmon, Akeem Hebron, Arthur Brown (listed at 6'1 210), Nick Moody (PA kid that went to FSU), Brandon Beachum (5'11 215 - PSU), Tray Blackmon, Allen Bradford (listed as 5* 5'11 195 LB)...If Dorian Bell is 5* in '09, at his size, playing for Gateway, than Hull is on the verge of 5* (in my mind) for the '10 class, and a definite top 2-3 player in the state.

I'm done with my rant on this...I'm over it and probably on the verge of pissing the board off.
Dude ur arguement holds no ground. Ur saying Hull is being held back because hes white, not from the SEC area and ended his recruitment early.

Well Sean Spence is black, from SEC area and ended his recruitment early. Hes even smaller then Hull is. He was ranked a 3* during the 1st ranking despite everyone in Florida saying it was a huge mistake to rank him that low.

Arthur Brown actually dropped in the rankings after committing to Miami and Kansas isnt exactly a hotbed for Rivals to get excited about.

Im just as pissed at the rankings as you are because to be frank, they flat suck right now. There are plenty of highly rated white LBs every year and theres plenty of highly rated kids from ur area every year.

Ur rant makes no sense because theres plenty of evidence to contradict exactly what you are saying.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:42 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub11 View Post
someone on rivals board said it will be posted this afternoon, Ill watch for it and post a link when I see it
They usually get released right at noon but the 100 yesterday was released at 11.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:08 AM    (permalink
CC
Veteran

CC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.CC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

They should just change the name of this thread to:

The 2010 "Whine about how your players are underrated on Rivals" Thread.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

everyone just really just stop bitching about the rankings... as everyone has said... they're really bad. It doesn't matter because:
1. It's early
2. The rankings are fluid
3. The guys haven't even played their senior year yet

and most imporantly
4. Rankings mean nothing, what matters is how the guy plays on the field.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

Rivals 250

http://texas.rivals.com/viewrank.asp...10&ra_key=2303
Old 03-12-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No lombard in the top 250 is a joke, as is fiedorowicz at 213

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hell ya, a lot of Penn State targets are in the top 250.