Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 03-12-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
No lombard in the top 250 is a joke, as is fiedorowicz at 213
yea Fiedorowicz is surprisingly low... 6-7 240 TE with reported 4.5 speed and really good production... he'll move up.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wooo Derby and Dawson both top 250.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Devin Gardner has changed his mind and will not be announcing where he's going Monday...

he will announce on Saturday at the practice he attends (which is Michigan), and his HS coach came out last night and announced that Gardner will in fact be Blue.
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey key, is Matt James pretty much a Ohio State lock? Penn State just offered him and he said he will take a visit. Said his top three is Cinci, Ohio State, Notre Dame.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohio State should get him, but if not he'll go to Cincinnati or Notre Dame. I think Cincinnati has a better shot than Notre Dame though.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
PENNSTATEHOMER
Rookie

PENNSTATEHOMER is a cocksman.PENNSTATEHOMER is a cocksman.PENNSTATEHOMER is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Dude ur arguement holds no ground. Ur saying Hull is being held back because hes white, not from the SEC area and ended his recruitment early.

Well Sean Spence is black, from SEC area and ended his recruitment early. Hes even smaller then Hull is. He was ranked a 3* during the 1st ranking despite everyone in Florida saying it was a huge mistake to rank him that low.

Arthur Brown actually dropped in the rankings after committing to Miami and Kansas isnt exactly a hotbed for Rivals to get excited about.

Im just as pissed at the rankings as you are because to be frank, they flat suck right now. There are plenty of highly rated white LBs every year and theres plenty of highly rated kids from ur area every year.

Ur rant makes no sense because theres plenty of evidence to contradict exactly what you are saying.
I wish I could say agree to disagree, but I'm just not that guy...so eff it! Your argument to my rant makes no sense, NONE. I'm talking about INCLUSION in the rivals 100, listing examples based on why rivals said Hull isn't in the rivals 100, and you're talking about Sean Spence. LMAO! I provided adequate examples as to why Hull should be in the rivals 100, the fact is rivals couldn't site actual play on the football field, competition level, production, ceiling, ETC. ;) Arthur Brown may have dropped in the rankings, but the point is he was listed at 6'1 210 and was a rivals 100 prospect throughout.

The rankings flat out suck right now because rivals isn't being objective, and if you want to tell me that what state you hail from doesn't play a difference, or what guru's/analysts make a push for your ranking don't matter, than you're on the pipe. I hope scout can improve their ranking ten-fold this year, keep the homerism to a limit and try and give the kids rankings that they deserve, REGARDLESS.

My argument hinged on taking a kid, dropping him in CA, FL, TX, or a similar state that rivals frequently blows, and watching Hull's tapes...the kid would be a rivals 100 prospect. I said forget the white/black thing, it was a stupid point to make but I do believe it holds truth...that being said it probably did nothing but weaken my argument. The fact is that an undersized black kid at a particular position is athletic/sideline-to-sideline and superior speed-wise, while a slightly undersized white-kid from PA is just too small. BS!

I know you have no problem mixing it up with the arguments, but I swear I'm done with this one. I believe what I believe, and frankly don't think a few of the rivals guys know what the hell their doing. And no, there aren't plenty of highly ranked kids from my area every year, because rivals put 3 kids on the 100 list from a state that is consistently neck and neck with OH, and both are top 5-7 every year with regard to talent.

Sharrif Floyd, Cullen Christian, Mike Hull, Dakota Royer, and I can even make a case for Brandon Ifill, Kyle Baublitz...it is a crime that there isn't better PA representation. It isn't me being a homer either, because Floyd said RU was his leader a while back, Christian is Michigan or elsewhere, Ifill is Pitt/Michigan (I think) and Royer has accumulated nearly 25 offers already.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing I will agree with the rankings about is this is an awful year to need a QB. I don't see any elite to great level guys, think Blake Bell is extremely overrated.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Larmarcus Joyner just got offered by USC. Apparently from reading what Michael L has said, he's named three leaders in the past month. Get your popcorn ready. His current top five is Ohio State, Bama, Florida, USC, and FSU in that order.

He also said he's visiting Ohio State's spring game.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ATH Matt Elam #5 - Committed
ATH Jaylen Watkins #27
OL Brent Benedict #40
S Jonathan Dowling #47 - Committed
CB Victor Hampton #58 - Committed
WR Chris Dunkley #61
TE Gerald Christian #73
ATH DeMarco Cobbs #80
WR Kadron Boone #96

That's straight up crazy - I would easily include all of these kids in Florida's class if I did a mock class today. That's 9 Rivals Top 100 kids (3 of whom are already committed, Boone and Watkins might as well be) who could easily be pulled in. The only one of those even in question if things ended today would be Cobbs. This is going to be one hell of a class for Urb.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
One thing I will agree with the rankings about is this is an awful year to need a QB. I don't see any elite to great level guys, think Blake Bell is extremely overrated.
Devin Gardner for President!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
ATH Jaylen Watkins #27
OL Brent Benedict #40
WR Chris Dunkley #61
TE Gerald Christian #73
ATH DeMarco Cobbs #80
WR Kadron Boone #96

That's straight up crazy - I would easily include all of these kids in Florida's class if I did a mock class today. That's 9 Rivals Top 100 kids (3 of whom are already committed, Boone and Watkins might as well be) who could easily be pulled in. The only one of those even in question if things ended today would be Cobbs. This is going to be one hell of a class for Urb.
Why did you put Christian at TE? Rivals list him as a LB and I think teams are cooling off on him as a TE. I liked his video there, but Miami not contacting him and Rivals listing him as LB says to me that he may have been overhyped at that spot.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why did you put Christian at TE? Rivals list him as a LB and I think teams are cooling off on him as a TE. I liked his video there, but Miami not contacting him and Rivals listing him as LB says to me that he may have been overhyped at that spot.
Eh, just heard him talked about as a TE more. I thought he was OLB at the beginning. Either way, he should be in Florida's class barring an unexpected setback. Apparently he's real close to committing.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
ATH Jaylen Watkins #27
OL Brent Benedict #40
WR Chris Dunkley #61
TE Gerald Christian #73
ATH DeMarco Cobbs #80
WR Kadron Boone #96

Yea but those rankings are complete BS. You and I both know that Louis Nix is more highly regarded IN jacksnvlle then Brent Bendict by everyone except Rivals.

Jaylan Watkins the number 4 player in the State? Yea ok.

ull see all that get fixed once the years starts. I think its funny that every player UF is leading for is in the top 100 while all of Miamis leans are in the 250. Even tho pretty much everyone that follows the state wll tell you that 80 percent of this years talent is in the Tri County area that has typically been Miami country.

BTW...We have 5 strong leans in the 100 and about 15-17 pretty sure bets in the 250. All that despite the horrid 100 list. Although outside of Chandler and Nix the 250 does look about right.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love this Texas class, 15 of the 19 commits are ranked in the 250

48. OL Trey Hopkins
68. DT Taylor Bible
70. WR Chris Jones
75. OL Dominic Espinosa
86. DB Ahmad Dixon
100. LB Aaron Benson
106. DT Ashton Dorsey
133. QB Connor Wood
148. LB Tevin Jackson
159. WR John Harris
165. DB Carrington Byndom
172. DB Bryant Jackson
198. RB Traylon Shead
204. WR Ross Apo
236. DE Greg Daniels

could have 3 more by the spring game

3. WR Darius White
20. DE Reggie Wilson
186. DB Adrian White
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Yea not sure why we cooled on him so early.

Ut hes a TE all the way.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Yea not sure why we cooled on him so early.

Ut hes a TE all the way.
I am thinking we do not think highly of him at the TE spot. No other reason for us to just drop him like that when he did have legit interest in UM. If I had to guess I'd say he has a major flaw in his game at TE that we as fans don't pick up in the highlight film.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UF/UM in 2013 is going to be ridiculous the way we're recruiting.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub11 View Post
I love this Texas class, 15 of the 19 commits are ranked in the 250

48. OL Trey Hopkins
68. DT Taylor Bible
70. WR Chris Jones
75. OL Dominic Espinosa
86. DB Ahmad Dixon
100. LB Aaron Benson
106. DT Ashton Dorsey
133. QB Connor Wood
148. LB Tevin Jackson
159. WR John Harris
165. DB Carrington Byndom
172. DB Bryant Jackson
198. RB Traylon Shead
204. WR Ross Apo
236. DE Greg Daniels

could have 3 more by the spring game

3. WR Darius White
20. DE Reggie Wilson
186. DB Adrian White
plus Jordan Hicks who's rated 16th and is a Texas lean.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
plus Jordan Hicks who's rated 16th and is a Texas lean.
yeah the key on him is getting him down to Austin for the Spring game
Old 03-12-2009, 05:05 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
UF/UM in 2013 is going to be ridiculous the way we're recruiting.
Clemson/ North Carolina should be huge soon as well.

Err, never mind.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub11 View Post
yeah the key on him is getting him down to Austin for the Spring game
Im assuming getting Hicks means ul back off Evan Washington?

Im pretty high on him and Ill take a good TX OL whenever I can get em.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UM fans, are you offering CB Nickell Robey? He says he would like an offer from UM, LSU, and Georgia.

Already has offers from Tennessee, Florida, Virginia Tech., and more. Seems like we have a legit shot if he isn't inclined to stay in state.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

Quote:
Im assuming getting Hicks means ul back off Evan Washington?

Im pretty high on him and Ill take a good TX OL whenever I can get em.
We never offered him and I dont think he will get an offer... Numbers are very tight, waiting on Jake Matthews as well... he is going to be a great pickup for someone

Last edited by cdub11 : 03-12-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
UM fans, are you offering CB Nickell Robey? He says he would like an offer from UM, LSU, and Georgia.

Already has offers from Tennessee, Florida, Virginia Tech., and more. Seems like we have a legit shot if he isn't inclined to stay in state.
I'm not sure, he is small and Shannon has a thing against small corners but man he is absolute baller who plays bigger with an amazing vertical leap, hits hard and shuts down D1 WRs.

I actually mentioned him a couple hours ago in the 09 Canes thread, it would be a huge mistake not to offer him if we don't get Joyner, Riggs + the next guy on our list. He will be a great player where ever he goes and he will also be an elite KR or PR IMO.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm not sure, he is small and Shannon has a thing against small corners but man he is absolute baller who plays bigger with an amazing vertical leap, hits hard and shuts down D1 WRs.

I actually mentioned him a couple hours ago in the 09 Canes thread, it would be a huge mistake not to offer him if we don't get Joyner, Riggs + the next guy on our list. He will be a great player where ever he goes and he will also be an elite KR or PR IMO.
Yeah, we're interested. Robey could join the likes of Brandon Flowers and Hosley as Florida CBs coming to Virginia Tech.. Robey visited us last season, and he really likes our defense.

Hopefully we can pull him in. I'm not too optimistic, though. Not with the Florida offer looming.