Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 03-12-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Yeah, we're interested. Robey could join the likes of Brandon Flowers and Hosley as Florida CBs coming to Virginia Tech.. Robey visited us last season, and he really likes our defense.

Hopefully we can pull him in. I'm not too optimistic, though. Not with the Florida offer looming.
Florida is loaded down with DBs right now and are chasing some bigger fish. If they do offer though yes he probably goes to UF. Robey is on a different level than Hosley though, much better player IMO.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:51 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I'm not sure, he is small and Shannon has a thing against small corners but man he is absolute baller who plays bigger with an amazing vertical leap, hits hard and shuts down D1 WRs.

I actually mentioned him a couple hours ago in the 09 Canes thread, it would be a huge mistake not to offer him if we don't get Joyner, Riggs + the next guy on our list. He will be a great player where ever he goes and he will also be an elite KR or PR IMO.
I'm not as down on our chances with Joyner as most area. Certainly not saying we are getting him. But I don't buy this we aren't top 5 BS he's spewing. He has a very McGee quality to his recruitment that give me hope. Just a gut feel tho.

I'm pretty close to writing Riggs off the list with all the stuff Ive heard lately.

But don't sleep on Dior Mathis. He stopped pushing as hard on him when it became clear he was gonna take his time and not commit early but we are still very much his dream school. Only thing that could stop us is the home school with his teammates.

Also, don't write off us flipping Dorsey with all the DBs UF is bringing in and we still got guys like Marshall, McGee and Brooks (my class sleeper) on the list.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In a couple months it would not surprise me if he commits* to Zook and the Illini.

*This will be after de-committing from Ohio State and 2 months later he will decommit from Illinois and declare for his dream school - FSU 2 months before signing with Miami.
I agree Joey. I am still sticking with this prediction I made.

I never count us out for a Dade County guy (and I know, I know he plays for STA) that we want until the end.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fairly sure my Gator guy has told me Nickell is a Gator lean, as we've told him he'd be another Brandon James early on for us or something. Not sure if I remember correctly.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I'm fairly sure my Gator guy has told me Nickell is a Gator lean, as we've told him he'd be another Brandon James early on for us or something. Not sure if I remember correctly.
Have you offered though or are you going to?
Old 03-12-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rivals page says we have. Might just be a verbal offer, though.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nickell says he has an offer.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Bama9507
Rookie

Bama9507 smells like sex panther.Bama9507 smells like sex panther.

Florida might break Bama's back to back title streak this year
Bama9507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:27 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama9507 View Post
Old 03-12-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Old 03-12-2009, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

I always neg rep him and then wait for the PM I am about to get going 'ohhh nooo neg rep...noooo' lol
Old 03-12-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Just when I thought you can't get ANY dumber, you go and do something like this...

AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

But damn, here's a blow: apparently BJ Butler, a guy previously who seemed like a UF lock, now wants out of state.

This is big because we're desperate for DE's.

Last edited by sbh15 : 03-12-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Bama9507
Rookie

Bama9507 smells like sex panther.Bama9507 smells like sex panther.
Default ha

Ban me for what ? I don't troll. Just because you kids neg rep people like it means something doesn't make someone less great. I should post my "inside" info and be loved !
Bama9507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
Larmarcus Joyner just got offered by USC. Apparently from reading what Michael L has said, he's named three leaders in the past month. Get your popcorn ready. His current top five is Ohio State, Bama, Florida, USC, and FSU in that order.

He also said he's visiting Ohio State's spring game.
Sounds like the next PJ, only more honest and open publicly with his recruitment.

I knew Joyner was bad but I didn't realize he was this bad.

So basically his top 3 are:

$$$$ (oos school)
FSU
Miami

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:47 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not as down on our chances with Joyner as most area. Certainly not saying we are getting him. But I don't buy this we aren't top 5 BS he's spewing. He has a very McGee quality to his recruitment that give me hope. Just a gut feel tho.

I'm pretty close to writing Riggs off the list with all the stuff Ive heard lately.

But don't sleep on Dior Mathis. He stopped pushing as hard on him when it became clear he was gonna take his time and not commit early but we are still very much his dream school. Only thing that could stop us is the home school with his teammates.

Also, don't write off us flipping Dorsey with all the DBs UF is bringing in and we still got guys like Marshall, McGee and Brooks (my class sleeper) on the list.

I know ND feels pretty good about him, is that what you are talking about?

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:52 AM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:
Ban me for what ? I don't troll. Just because you kids neg rep people like it means something doesn't make someone less great. I should post my "inside" info and be loved !
You're the definition of a troll.

Mullen has done well in mississippi so far, one guy im excited about is michael Carr, 6'1 190 ATH and runs a 4.4.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:57 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
I know ND feels pretty good about him, is that what you are talking about?
He named ND and FSU his top 2. He really wants no part of staying in Florida (FSU is only 20 from Georgia so the area is much closer to that then the rest of Florida is) but supposedly he's 100 deadset on leaving home.

I'd put it 60-40 ND over everyone else right now.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:05 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He named ND and FSU his top 2. He really wants no part of staying in Florida (FSU is only 20 from Georgia so the area is much closer to that then the rest of Florida is) but supposedly he's 100 deadset on leaving home.

I'd put it 60-40 ND over everyone else right now.
nice to hear and thnx for the update

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:08 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

FWIW, here's my Florida top 50. Like to see SHB and BigJohn's take on it from fans of the Gators and Noles.

#1 Matt Elam Dwyer ATH (Florida Gator Commit)
#2 Lamarcus Joyner STA DB
#3 Louis Nix JAX Raines DL (Miami Hurricane Commit)
#4 Brandon Linder STA OL
#5 Christian Green Tampa Catholic QB
#6 Jonathan Dowling Southeast S (Florida Gator Commit)
#7 Chris Dunkley Royal Palm Beach WR
#8 Todd Chandler MNW DT (Miami Hurricane Commit)
#9 Corey Lemonier Hialeah DE
#10 Ivan McCartney Miramar WR
#11 Jeff Luc PSL LB
#12 Eduardo Clements BTW RB
#13 Gerald Christian Dwyer LB
#14 De'Joshua Johnson Pahokee WR
#15 Kadron Boone Ocala Trinity Catholic WR
#16 Marvin Robinson Eagle Lake DB
#17 Jakhari Gore MIami Columbus RB
#18 Darious Cummings Titusville DE (Florida State Seminole Commit)
#19 Ricardo Miller Dr. Phillips WR (Michigan Wolverine Commit)
#20 Christian Jones Winter Park Lake Howell LB
#21 Tavadis Glenn JAX Terry Parker DT
#22 Jaylen Watkins Cape Coral ATH
#23 Torrian Wilson MNW OL
#24 Gideon Ajagbe Coconut Grove LB
#25 Quinton Dunbar BTW WR (Miami Hurricane Commit)
#26 Delvin Jones Miami Palmetto DE
#27 Roy Finch Niceville RB
#28 Demar Dorsey Boyd Anderson DB (Florida Gator Commit)
#29 Brandon Gainer Miami Central RB
#30 Lynden Trail BTW DE
#31 Ian Silberman Fleming Island OL (Florida Gator Commit)
#32 Giovanni Bernard STA RB
#33 Brent Benedict Jacksonville Bolles OL
#34 Terrence Mitchell Tampa Hillsborough DB
#35 Ted Meline MNW WR
#36 Michaelee Harris MNW WR
#37 Joshua Reese Miami Central WR
#38 Nickell Robey Frostproof DB
#39 Chaz Green Tampa Catholic OL
#40 Trey Burton Venice QB (Florida Gator Commit)
#41 Ethan Grant Coconut Creek RB (Oregon Duck Commit)
#42 Jeffrey Godfrey Miami Central QB
#43 Lo Wood Apopka CB
#44 Calvin Smith Hialeah DT
#45 Cody Riggs STA CB
#46 Kenny Shaw Dr Phillips WR
#47 Jose Jose BTW OL
#48 Zach Allen Pahokee TE/LB
#49 Spencer Boyd Cape Coral CB
#50 Brian Robinson STA S

Just Missed:
Shane McDermott Wellington OL (Miami Hurricane Commit)
Khalid Marshall MNW CB
Terrence Brooks Dunnellon CB
James Louis Atlantic WR
Hosey Williams Central RB

Notes:Ricardo Miller, Nickell Robey and Jeffery Godfrey I have lower then most usually will. For various reasons. Demar Dorsey, Brandon Gainer and Zach Allen I have slightly higher then most will like.

Last edited by JoeyJr09 : 03-13-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice list Joey.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joey, a while back you had Ricardo listed ahead of Marvin Robinson. What changed?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

every single one of those kids would be in the top 15, perhaps top 10 in the state of Ohio to put things into perspective. Ohio is a hotbed and is always loaded - that's how much talent Florida has every year.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Joey, a while back you had Ricardo listed ahead of Marvin Robinson. What changed?
Its nothing Miller did. Hes a good prospect, althought Ive never been particularly high on him like some others.

But the more and more I see Robinson, the more I like him. I think he is gonna be a heck of a LB at the next level. I actually feel like I have him a little too low, but I cant really find anyone ahead of him and I cant he deserves to be ahead of.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would you rate your entire top 50 as 4-star talents?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Would you rate your entire top 50 as 4-star talents?
I would rate the 1st 45 as sure fire 4* guys. Top 40 guys should all probably be in the top 250 in the nation.

I have to see how the rest grow into their SR year and see how they do before saying if they deserve the 4th star or no.

Got my reservations about some of them.

But I'll tweak this every few months as camp reports and combine numbers and new film comes out.

There's guys (Willis Wright, Corvin Lamb) that could be really high on this list when it's all said and done but haven't shown me enough to even make it yet.