Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 02-05-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

Lo Wood had a real good showing at the Under Armour camp and ran well for what was projected. I think he is a solid 4 star. On the Rivals 250 to watch for 2010. I think his recruitment ends before the summer. Possibly in March. Michigan feels VERY confident in him. And for a VERY good reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario86 View Post
Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read Kevin Newsome isn't too happy with Penn. State at the moment.

Too bad.

If his brother has a good year I wonder where he (Keevon) ends up.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
jeah and you are so convinced he will stay with illinois, sure it could happen but at the moment it is not really likely.
According to whom? Your Irish Eyes guy?

Cooper talked to Zook and told him that not exactly what he said in the interview and right now things are fine with him.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sure wouldn't mind that pickup Bama.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
According to whom? Your Irish Eyes guy?

Cooper talked to Zook and told him that not exactly what he said in the interview and right now things are fine with him.
amongst others, but well, we will see.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Me neither.

We picked up at least three defensive ends, three other guys who could play the position, this season. But Keevon has some tools.

I wonder if Kevin Newsome's discomfort will lead to anything. I doubt it. Would be nice.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
amongst others, but well, we will see.
Amongst others...wanna throw out some names? Did he tell this to Weiss? Because he did in fact talk to Zook and tell him things are fine and that his words were taken out of context in that article.

He's also very good friends with Prater who is an Illini lean at this point.

I'll never say never, but I don't see Cooper jumping ship after what happened after those "rumors" came about. Usually when our guys start talking things aren't good, they pretty much silenced the Cooper rumors a day or two after they broke.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would be quite nice if he came home. I played against JuJu & Antone for 3 years and they are great athletes and competitors. I hope Beamer & company can make good use of those two.

Duke Blue Devils

sweetness34
Icon

And I was just messing around with the "Corey Cooper >>> your recruit" thing. Since he's our only verbal right now I was just having some fun.

Quote:
Old 02-05-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Amongst others...wanna throw out some names? Did he tell this to Weiss? Because he did in fact talk to Zook and tell him things are fine and that his words were taken out of context in that article.

He's also very good friends with Prater who is an Illini lean at this point.

I'll never say never, but I don't see Cooper jumping ship after what happened after those "rumors" came about. Usually when our guys start talking things aren't good, they pretty much silenced the Cooper rumors a day or two after they broke.
the guy for purdue said the same as did a couple of foxsports guys, Yeah he is a really good friend with both prater and cj fied(something more) and chance carter (who is imo a heavy ND lean) but to call prater an illinois lean is really pushing it since he's gone on record as saying he would prolly not take a decision until after his senior season.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-05-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Would be quite nice if he came home. I played against JuJu & Antone for 3 years and they are great athletes and competitors. I hope Beamer & company can make good use of those two.
Very cool.

I'm not as high on Juju as others, I'd rather not rely on him as our starting quarterback unless he beats out competition. He may surprise me.

Exum is a beast. What an athlete. Maybe he can stick at quarterback. If not, we will find a spot for him somewhere. I'd like him at safety if QB is a no go.

Were you on the line or skill position? Wasn't Jake Snyder (defensive end) on Exum's team?

Old 02-05-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

@sweetness34 I have reread a bunch of the stuff i had on corey cooper and yeah I'm still not calling it a solid commit but it is less unsolid than I had in my mind. My bad

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-05-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
the guy for purdue said the same as did a couple of foxsports guys, Yeah he is a really good friend with both prater and cj fied(something more) and chance carter (who is imo a heavy ND lean) but to call prater an illinois lean is really pushing it since he's gone on record as saying he would prolly not take a decision until after his senior season.
That doesn't mean he's not leaning towards Illinois, which he is. We were his first major offer, he camped with us last year, we were the first major school in on him. Prater right now is an Illinois lean, nowhere did I say he would commit to us down the road for sure.

We are Kyle's early leader, not that it matters at this point because there is still a year to go until signing day but we lead for him at this point.

Quote:
Old 02-05-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Bama9507
Rookie

Bama9507 smells like sex panther.Bama9507 smells like sex panther.

So who are Alabama locks this year ?
Bama9507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Very cool.

I'm not as high on Juju as others, I'd rather not rely on him as our starting quarterback unless he beats out competition. He may surprise me.

Exum is a beast. What an athlete. Maybe he can stick at quarterback. If not, we will find a spot for him somewhere. I'd like him at safety if QB is a no go.

Were you on the line or skill position? Wasn't Jake Snyder (defensive end) on Exum's team?
Skill positions. And yes Snyder was a mennace when we played them. Won't mind 4 years of VT beating down his Cavs.

Duke Blue Devils

Old 02-05-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama9507 View Post
So who are Alabama locks this year ?
The kids that live in Bama.

Duh.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Skill positions. And yes Snyder was a mennace when we played them. Won't mind 4 years of VT beating down his Cavs.
Yeah, he had like 26 sacks this season.

Probably the player, if I could pick one, I would take from Virginia's class and put him in ours. Him, Quentin Hunter, or Tim Smith.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why is newsome upset?

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Bama9507
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
The kids that live in Bama.

Duh.
Why are you being smart with me ?
Old 02-05-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How good is Justin McCay?
Old 02-05-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why are you being smart with me ?
He's actually not at all. Look at your best prospects this year.

Dre Kirkpatrick, D.J. Fluker, Nico Johnson, Tana Patrick, not to mention Trent Richardson comes from Bama country. And in previous years - Julio Jones, Tyler Love, Burton Scott - Alabama kids are always putting on the Maroon or whatever color you actually are. It's just the way things are.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Bama9507
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
He's actually not at all. Look at your best prospects this year.

Dre Kirkpatrick, D.J. Fluker, Nico Johnson, Tana Patrick, not to mention Trent Richardson comes from Bama country. And in previous years - Julio Jones, Tyler Love, Burton Scott - Alabama kids are always putting on the Maroon or whatever color you actually are. It's just the way things are.
NO...it's OBVIOUS he meant that with a tone !
Old 02-05-2009, 06:47 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

That's just Joey. Don't get so bent out of shape.

Duke Blue Devils

Old 02-05-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
NO...it's OBVIOUS he meant that with a tone !
No, he really didn't. As I said, all of your best players come from Alabama.

There's not much to it.

Bama kids go to Bama - duh. There's no smartassery in that comment, just the truth.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Good question kwilk. I haven't found anything on the web yet.

Duke Blue Devils