Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 05-01-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I wish we had traded you our Alex Smith :)
Thats actually the first thing I thought when I saw that we traded for Alex Smith, I was scurred

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex "QB" Smith would actually be a great fit in the Patriots' offense. People underrate him and give him way too much undeserved guff. The problems he's had in SF go directly to Mike Nolan, who no one thinks well of as a head coach... If Nolan and the talent-getters have been well-established as sucking, why do so many people take such a hard stance against Alex Smith? It's stupid. The kid can play, and is still younger than most of the QB's in the NFL. They've got a quality leader at HC, some weapons on offense, and a lot more stability... I really don't see Shaun Hill holding Smith from starting in 2009.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Alex "QB" Smith would actually be a great fit in the Patriots' offense. People underrate him and give him way too much undeserved guff. The problems he's had in SF go directly to Mike Nolan, who no one thinks well of as a head coach... If Nolan and the talent-getters have been well-established as sucking, why do so many people take such a hard stance against Alex Smith? It's stupid. The kid can play, and is still younger than most of the QB's in the NFL. They've got a quality leader at HC, some weapons on offense, and a lot more stability... I really don't see Shaun Hill holding Smith from starting in 2009.
I don't want to do a big breakdown in your guys' forum, so I'll just say that Alex Smith (the crappy QB) has, BY FAR, the worst footwork of any "pro" QB I've ever seen. It's not even close. If you wish to debate the merits of such a terrible QB, let's do it over in the SF forum.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The thing is that pretty much anyone can fit in somewhere on the Patriots. Alex Smith has no qualities that would make him better than, say, Rex Grossman in New England (who I would actually like to see here.) Kyle Boller would have been nice, he's always played well against the Patriots and he has a big arm as well.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:11 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Larry Foote has officially been released . . . any sightings of him in Foxboro?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Larry Foote has officially been released . . . any sightings of him in Foxboro?
I would love that pickup; Foote is a great fit for us and would be nice to have next to Mayo along with Bruschi, Guyton, and McKenzie. That would give us a pretty solid ILB corps, with Eric Alexander being a special teams ace essentially.

I am pretty sure he is openly said he wants to finish his career in Detroit, though.

Feed Moncrief
Old 05-05-2009, 10:59 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He said he wants to go to Detroit but will entertain other offers. His first priority seems to be the starting, full time role that he lost in Pitt. His mention of Detroit was from a Detroit paper, so it may be a simple "Do you want to play in Detroit" question that he answered. But I'm not sure if he said it elsewhere, too.

"Foote, a Michigan native, told the Detroit Free Press that he'd like to play for the Lions, but will enterain any offers."
article link

I'd be happy with him going to Detroit, to be honest. Same as Brace for NE, Foote is a Detroit kid and Michigan guy so he'd be a hometown favorite. Plus Detroit could really use the help.

But I'd rather see him in NE.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pats sign Bears safety B. McGowan

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.c...=37220&pcid=47

Last edited by Nalej : 05-05-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a bad deal. Should make the team and be good for depth. Probably means we're not seeing Rodney Harrison again.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Yeah, makes you wonder about Tank too. Nice to see us add another local kid though.

Feed Moncrief
Old 05-05-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McGowan is more of a free safety. Nice to have capable backups behind Merriweather and Chung.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-05-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
McGowan is more of a free safety. Nice to have capable backups behind Merriweather and Chung.
I know, I'm just thinking if were simply trying to get deeper at the position because Tank may be done. I'd love to see Tank playing as a nickle LB for us next fall.

Feed Moncrief
Old 05-05-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Larry Foote signed a 1 year deal with Detroit.

Feed Moncrief
Old 05-05-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I know, I'm just thinking if were simply trying to get deeper at the position because Tank may be done. I'd love to see Tank playing as a nickle LB for us next fall.
I'm sort of leaning towards Tank being done. He hasn't played football at a high level in almost four years now. If you're depth chart breakdown holds true, I think Tank will get cut in favor of keeping Redd, especially with this move.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-06-2009, 09:19 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Before the draft I was telling someone (in a mock thread, iirc) that I did not expect Tank to make the roster. He really was at the end before getting injured, so expecting him to come back to a useful form is overly optimistic.

Foote to Detroit is a bummer. Hopefully he does well there since he inked a one year deal.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:35 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
The thing is that pretty much anyone can fit in somewhere on the Patriots. Alex Smith has no qualities that would make him better than, say, Rex Grossman in New England (who I would actually like to see here.) Kyle Boller would have been nice, he's always played well against the Patriots and he has a big arm as well.
Not any QB can fit with the Pats. Grossman and Boller would be awful because they lack accuracy and the ability to make intelligent decisions with the ball.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys are trying to trade OLB G. Ellis. Pats have been informed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4199484

Old 05-22-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Cowboys are trying to trade OLB G. Ellis. Pats have been informed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4199484
That is a move that I think we all would be happy with. Ellis would be a nice pickup, I'm not against adding Burgess but Ellis would be a much better move. Adding a vet LB like Ellis would be a typical Pats move, he is 33 but he still has something left in the tank. Stats don't tell it all but he had 8 sacks (4.5 in his last 6 games) and a pick last year, pretty solid considering Dallas' depth at LB and Ware was probably getting to the QB before him a lot.

I really support any effort we are trying to make in bolstering our linebacking corps in general, especially the pass rush.

Feed Moncrief

Last edited by Don Vito : 05-22-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I agree. I like the idea of adding Ellis over Burgess.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Pats going after Tinoisomoa

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast

Old 05-27-2009, 11:06 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was searching all the threads in the NFL forum and I couldn't believe that this didn't have it's own thread but the Patriots acquired LB Paris Lenon

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...acquire-lenon/

Absolutely huge news. If we weren't certain favourites for the superbowl before, we definitely are now

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

decent depth pickup I guess. we have very little ILB depth
Old 05-27-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem I have is it mighn't be just depth. He will probably challenge Bruschi for starting beside Mayo if he picks up the system quick enough. I mean this was a guy people where calling for Detroit to bench

Old 05-27-2009, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They were also calling for Bodden's head though, no? He wasn't playing with much in Detroit, that is for sure. If he can provide some valuable depth, get some reps on defense if he can learn the system and proves to be effective, then why not? Other than Bruschi and Mayo, we have Guyton, Appleby and him.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigburt63 View Post
They were also calling for Bodden's head though, no? He wasn't playing with much in Detroit, that is for sure. If he can provide some valuable depth, get some reps on defense if he can learn the system and proves to be effective, then why not? Other than Bruschi and Mayo, we have Guyton, Appleby and him.
Yea that's true about Bodden but he had performed at a high level before, whereas Lenon not so much. Im not annoyed or anything by the move its just kinda meh...

I'd really prefer to integrate Guyton into the defense more