Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 03-06-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'd be stupid not to test the market. Some team will likely pay him better then NE will and he hasn't exactly been paid like a stud, which is how he has played here.

Still, his age is a cliff, at this point. Not going to cry if he's gone even though I'm not quite crazy enough to say we won't miss him on offense. I do, however, think we would only miss him for a year when considering production:pricetag over a 3 or more year contract.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good, maybe now we'll go out and spend the money on a true #1 who can make the catches that matter. Or use that money to bring back Vollmer and Talib. Resign edelmen for less money and I think we can have him fill in to similar production. Really tho, we should have just ******* traded him last year for maybe another second and a third.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soooo Dumervil might be released if he doesn't take a pay cut, thoughts? I've always been a big fan of his and we could really use a guy like him. $ would be the issue per usual but I would love to see us pick him up.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If being 5'11 wasn't enough to ensure he won't be a Patriot then the notes from PFF/Roto should do the trick.

"Sources tell CBS4 that the Broncos want RE Elvis Dumervil to restructure his contract.
Dumervil is owed $12 million in 2013 and carries a $15.6 million cap hit. Although he had 11 sacks and six forced fumbles last season, he was atrocious against the run and committed eight penalties. ProFootballFocus has suggested that Dumervil was the most overpaid defender in football in 2012. Mar 6 - 12:56 PM"

Old 03-06-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
If being 5'11 wasn't enough to ensure he won't be a Patriot then the notes from PFF/Roto should do the trick.

"Sources tell CBS4 that the Broncos want RE Elvis Dumervil to restructure his contract.
Dumervil is owed $12 million in 2013 and carries a $15.6 million cap hit. Although he had 11 sacks and six forced fumbles last season, he was atrocious against the run and committed eight penalties. ProFootballFocus has suggested that Dumervil was the most overpaid defender in football in 2012. Mar 6 - 12:56 PM"
I just want someone who can get to the QB. Plz?

Chandler is awesome and Nink improved a lot. Cunningham showed some flashes too but he lines up inside on passing downs. I am just fiending for us to add another pass rusher.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I just want someone who can get to the QB. Plz?

Chandler is awesome and Nink improved a lot. Cunningham showed some flashes too but he lines up inside on passing downs. I am just fiending for us to add another pass rusher.
Preachin' to the choir, my friend.

There's just no way, though.

Day dream away . . . Doom and Wallace . . . mmmmmmm

Old 03-06-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They need to do a lot in free agency to be able to afford to draft a defensive lineman or anything other than S, CB, and WR.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in the minority here, but I'm not really a big fan of Doom. I thinks he's a good, but not great player. I'd pass on him and let Francis develop instead, and draft a young DE like Lemonier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:05 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
They need to do a lot in free agency to be able to afford to draft a defensive lineman or anything other than S, CB, and WR.
Disagree. This is the draft to get a WR IMO. The top level talent in the trenches is going to push other guys down and mean two things.

1. Defensive linemen will get overdrafted based on supply/demand. Realistically all of Sheldon Richardson, Sharrif Floyd, Star Lotulelei, Ezekiel Ansah, Dion Jordan, Bjoern Werner, Barkevious Mingo will all be gone likely be the mid teens which means guys like Jesse Williams, Alex Okafor, Kawann Short etc may get moved up even further

2. WRs will fall. Outside of Patterson and probably Austin any of the other WRs will have a significant chance of being available and guys like Allen, Woods, Hopkins, Hunter, Wheaten, Patten etc would all be good value picks at the end of the first

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I'm in the minority here, but I'm not really a big fan of Doom. I thinks he's a good, but not great player. I'd pass on him and let Francis develop instead, and draft a young DE like Lemonier.
He's a curious case, imo. Didn't he miss all/most of 2011 with a pectoral tear? Which means last year would be a 'getting back into football shape' season and he could be back to great form heading into 2013.

Either way, as always, it's a case of pricetag. I'd be happy to see him get a shot here but price and size requirements may not match up. His play last year, his asking price, and his small stature make it seem like there's very little chance he even fields calls from NE.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather sign Freeny to be honest. He'd be cheaper and if were looking for a pass rusher that isnt going to require a ton of money he'd be the guy I'm calling.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I'd rather sign Freeny to be honest. He'd be cheaper and if were looking for a pass rusher that isnt going to require a ton of money he'd be the guy I'm calling.
Not sure on Freeney. I think he's done personally and he offers no versatility. He can only rush when his hand is in the dirt from the defensive right side. He doesn't rush from the other side, doesn't rush from the interior and doesn't drop into coverage. I also think based on the fact pass rushers don't grow on tress he may have a market. I would definitely have him on a bargain contract but I don't see that happening

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Gamble and Wilson released today. I swear if we somehow manage to **** up fixing this secondary with the availability of DBs this off season / draft I will be very upset.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-08-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gamble and Wilson released today. I swear if we somehow manage to **** up fixing this secondary with the availability of DBs this off season / draft I will be very upset.
When you said Wilson for some reason my mind shot to Gibril Wilson instead of Adrian Wilson, and I was so confused for a second as to how that would improve our secondary.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love if we added a Landry or a Wilson. They seem perfect to fit that Harrison role BB loves. Let McCourty play high.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:24 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I would love if we added a Landry or a Wilson. They seem perfect to fit that Harrison role BB loves. Let McCourty play high.
I'm still waiting and hoping Mikell is cut, he's the perfect complement to McCourty, and I think he has a little more left in the tank than Wilson. I don't think LaRon Landry will come here since he was PO'd that BB didn't show up to his visit here, but I could potentially see Dawan coming.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:30 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Do you guys think Michael Boley has anything left in the tank? He's only 30 and seems to have the skill set that would complement what we already have at LB. For a fairly cheap deal I could see him rounding out our LBer rotation. He wasn't great last year, but he could have a bounce back season in a more limited role.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:46 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No to Laron Landry. Yes to Adrian Wilson.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not very enthusiastic about this group of secondary players. For the most part, everyone is either a big name who will be overpaid (like a Talib, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, etc.), injury-prone, inconsistent, or old. Obviously there's a price at which many of these players would be worthwhile, but I doubt the market would allow New England to sign any of them for what they're actually worth.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see Boley a lot last year but I think he'd be a good rotation player if Fletcher isn't 100

Old 03-09-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Report came out that New England is very interested in Wallace. I doubt its true but just read it over at espnboston.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-09-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I hope so... so much

Old 03-10-2013, 06:57 AM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope so... so much
I don't. Overrated product of Roethlisberger. Plus with the exception of Moss, WRs who are mainly deep threats don't won't in this offense.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:28 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Report came out that New England is very interested in Wallace. I doubt its true but just read it over at espnboston.
Brady's deep ball seems to be the first thing that is going with his game. He overshot a good number of receivers last year. With that being said he threw 2 of the nicest passes of his career against the Texans so what do I know. I would love Wallace, but at the same time I have to be a bit weary. Our last 2 veteran wide receivers haven't worked out so well, and Wallace would be a far greater financial risk than the other 2.

He could blow the top off of the way defenses try and cover us, and completely change the dynamic of our offense, but if Brady doesn't trust him like he didn't Ocho we're just as well off setting 8-12 million a year on fire. I think Wallace is a dynamic threat who is getting a bit too much crap from Pittsburgh fans right now. Sure he makes some mistakes and never became a complete receiver, but they're going to miss him when their offense goes all Patriot Playoff offense every 4 or so games because Antonio Brown and co. can't get open against press man coverage.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:17 AM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never been a huge Wallace fan. I think Greg Jennings is a much better player. But I'd welcome another quality veteran receiver, no matter what the flavor. If they could somehow keep Welker, sign a good free agent WR, and draft another good one, that would be best case scenario.
TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote