Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 03-13-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Panic level = 12!
I really don't get these posts. We can afford to lose Welker, were going to be alright. And thus far its looking like other teams aren't valuing him anymore than we were.

Also thus far Washington has been cited as the big team in the running for Talib, and I just don't understand how they even think thats possible with their cap situation being what it is. If the Pats dont have the cap for Talib, no way the Redskins do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, this is awesome.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-twitter-cameo

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Danny boy is probably banking on winning his lawsuit against the NFL over the cap penalty. Personnaly, I hope he wins b/c the good ol' boy agreement to not dump money in an uncapped year is BS. Effectively, Snyder (and Jones) did not break any rules and the NFL has no legal reason to penalize them. Another topic, another day . . .

Welker doesn't seem to be in the news much. Aside from a "teams are interested" note in a Globe blog, I'm finding very little that appears to be big interest. I'm with you, jvig, in Welker being expendable. I won't go so far as saying we're better off without him b/c we're not. But the offense will manage without him as long as there a reasonable replacement like Edelman, Amendola or even a guy like Cribbs, though I'm not sure how much he has left as an older guy, too. Essentially, losing Welker means more work for Gronk, Hernandez and maybe more RB screens. It's a managable loss that would be a better move for the franchise when compared to signing Welker to a big-money, long term deal.

Ultimately, I'm still hoping Welker just wipes the sand out of his va-jay-jay and signs with the Pats for a reasonable deal for both sides, based on what he sees in FA offers.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Gotta love him despite how difficult he makes this time of year sometimes

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:08 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lmao - only BB would spend some time tweeting via @LindaHolliday.

The clock bit cracked me up. His Football Life episode was awesome. I really wish all NFL fans would take the time to see this guy as he is with local media that he feels he can trust. I absolutely love his dry humor and he isn't afraid to show it regularly with the locals.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bernard Pollard cut by the Ravens. Imagine...

Feed Moncrief
Old 03-13-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Bernard Pollard cut by the Ravens. Imagine...
Yeah, the smart move is to ******* sign him immediately.

Then never let him hit anyone in practice. To you, Bernard, everyone is a redshirt.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I was totally coming in here to post that same damn thing. I love you guys haha

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-13-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In all honesty I laughed when Pollard gave Ridley his concussion this year. I mean the guy had a brain injury, and it blew out the last flicker of hope for our season, but the odds are just so damn outrageous that 1 guy could injure someone every damn time.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
In all honesty I laughed when Pollard gave Ridley his concussion this year. I mean the guy had a brain injury, and it blew out the last flicker of hope for our season, but the odds are just so damn outrageous that 1 guy could injure someone every damn time.
I know I was with a ton of people for my friends birthday party, and one of my best friends (a Colts fan) just turned to me jaw dropped in disbelief when the replay showed it was Pollard who knocked him out. It really is astronautical that its always him.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-13-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's the devil. Obviously.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of want Dansby.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
I kind of want Dansby.
I really don't. Let's see what Fletcher can do and take a flyer on an athletic coverage OLB in the late rounds/UDFA. I'm really pissed that they haven't brought in Antoine Cason, Derrick Cox or Greg Jennings. Vollmer should be re-signed soon, and Talib will probably find that it's a buyer's market and sign a one or two-year deal for a modest amount. Welker can get the **** out. I just hope he signs with the Bill or some other lameduck organization we pummel whenever we meet them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

OK but srsly now we need some ******* wide receivers

Feed Moncrief
Old 03-13-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OK but srsly now we need some ******* wide receivers
I know, but I'm in favor of drafting them despite the fact that we haven't developed a decent receiver since... Deion Branch... Ugh. Anyways, I really like Marquess Wilson, Cobi Hamilton and of course Cordarrelle Patterson. Robert Woods, Da'Rick Rodgers, Tavon Austin, Marquise Goodwin and Tavarres King are also players that I'm interested in providing the value is at least decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I know, but I'm in favor of drafting them despite the fact that we haven't developed a decent receiver since... Deion Branch... Ugh. Anyways, I really like Marquess Wilson, Cobi Hamilton and of course Cordarrelle Patterson. Robert Woods, Da'Rick Rodgers, Tavon Austin, Marquise Goodwin and Tavarres King are also players that I'm interested in providing the value is at least decent.
We need a proven FA or we need to trade for somebody. We can't rely on a rookie with our track record at drafting receivers. I am all for drafting a guy, but we can't put all our eggs in that basket. We literally have nobody on the ******* roster that plays wide receiver. Get Cruz and draft somebody. At least get Jennings, get them both and draft someone. We barely had anyone last year and now even those guys are gone. ****. ****. Time to sack up and spend some money.

Feed Moncrief
Old 03-13-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Letting Lloyd go now would be stupid. There isn't even a warm ******* body to call a WR on our roster without him.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Lloyd can go to. We should talk to Jennings. Amendola is waiting for what happens to Welker, and I'm like 100% positive if Welker leaves Amendola is a Patriot. Denver is in serious talks with Welker right now, and that does suck but seriously how is they are offering him more than we are? I don't see how they are willing to give him that much more than we are considering they are set at the position.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-13-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Say what you want about Welker but for all that he has done for us, if we let him walk for 2 years/$12 million we either pissed someone off worse than we ever have or we just didn't pay. I am not saying he is worth over $10 million a year but losing him FOR THIS is ******* stupid.

Feed Moncrief
Old 03-13-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Say what you want about Welker but for all that he has done for us, if we let him walk for 2 years/$12 million we either pissed someone off worse than we ever have or we just didn't pay. I am not saying he is worth over $10 million a year but losing him FOR THIS is ******* stupid.
I couldnt agree more. Its really hard to imagine that we didnt offer him at LEAST that deal.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-13-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MOAR Wide Receivers.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

We better have a contingency plan here. Brady is reportedly livid with this.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-13-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
We better have a contingency plan here. Brady is reportedly livid with this.
I don't blame him. I thought Welker would be back, but if we did lose him I figured it would be for some 4 year 40 million contract or something. Losing him like this is an embarassment and a slap in the face to a guy who has done a lot here (Welker) and the face of your franchise (Brady). You think Brady restructured his deal with Welker in mind? You think our FO doesn't realize that? I hate this move for way more than the team we field on Sundays, this just isn't how you operate. This isn't even how the Pats operate, this is way more over the top than any of our other penny pinching moves. It is a business but this is over the top if you ask me. The New England Patriots are not what they are today without Tom Brady, losing his go-to guy for this price ain't a good look boys.

Feed Moncrief
Old 03-13-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The **** are we doing. We could have had Welker, I'm not that upset that we didn't retain him, but we could at least be proactive with some kind of plan to stay the course or improve. Our whole approach so far is playing chicken with our own 3 players who happened to be 3 of the best on the market.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Watch Vollmer and Talib peace out too. Meanwhile we'll just sit tight with having the eighth best position in the cap space and sign Amendola and a couple third string linemen. Yeah I agree with Vito, I didnt mind losing Welker, but losing him to that deal is pathetic.

Quote:
Quote: