Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 03-13-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the more positive move front Kerry Rhodes adds to the safety crop. Seriously most safeties in the league suck, yet a lot of teams are bending over backwards to give up decent ones. Rhodes would be amazing for us. He won't come quite as cheap as others though.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like everyone else I don't understand the move, and I doubt we'll ever know.
Is it ego? Does BB think Welker is such a security blanket for Brady the offense can't evolve? Does he have some trade in the making?

Whatever the reason though, I have to imagine NFL players aren't going to be too keen to come play for BB. The man is cold.

Last edited by Blackluck : 03-13-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amendola, 5 years, 31 Million, 10 guaranteed. Solid.Please stay healthy for us. Now go get Greg Jennings and resign Vollmer and Talib. Draft Hunter in the 1st. Win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All is well!!

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Amendola, 5 years, 31 Million, 10 guaranteed. Solid.Please stay healthy for us. Now go get Greg Jennings and resign Vollmer and Talib. Draft Hunter in the 1st. Win.
Yeah. Seems like a lot for an oft injured guy. Given the hits Welker has endured over the years, not holding my breath. But otherwise, agree with the plan.

(Which means of course a fullback will be our first pick lol.)
Old 03-13-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BB wouldn't of done this without a clear bill of health. I'm excited to see him suit up.
Hoping we can sign some other broke guys now; Vollmer and Talib.

Are we really cutting Lloyd?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

All the local media chatter has us cutting Lloyd, but unless we get someone else in FA that seems risky IMO. We still are very, very thin at WR, and if Amendola goes down we almost literally have no one else. Maybe we load up on WRs in the draft, but even if we do it takes rookie receivers a long time to develop (or in our case, not at all since we took Branch.)
Old 03-13-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Certainlt looks like welker wanted to go and do his best to **** on bb and ne on his way out.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, cutting him seems dumb at this point. We loaded up on linebackers, running backs and tight ends. I guess this could be the year we do the same with WRs though.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Reiss
Since 2010, Welker has caught passes at a rate of 12.5 receptions for every drop (326 catches, 26 drops).

Amendola’s success rate is considerably higher at 21.9 receptions per drop.

Welker’s 11 drops last season were second-most in the NFL. Amendola’s drop rate (2.1 percent of targets dropped) rated second-lowest in the NFL.
...and this is why Wes is gone and Danny is in.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hernandez is essentially a WR and Vereen had displayed good ability to make plays split out wide. It's not like this offense has a shortage of targets even if Amendola goes down.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:20 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently the deal offered by the Patriots was 2 years $10 mil. with incentives to reach $16 mil. Welker was clearly trying to stick it to BB and took less money overall, but more money guaranteed. I don't blame Bill for anything regarding Welker. He clearly overvalued his own services, and I'm really happy we got Amendola. He's a younger version of Welker with better hands and more explosiveness. His injuries are a concern, but I'm sure that Bill has had that checked out.

I hope BB turns his attention towards Vollmer, Talib and Cason now. Protecting Brady is paramount, and Vollmer is arguably the best RT in football. I'd be happy keeping Lloyd and drafting a few young receivers. I'm actually less concerned now than I was a week ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:04 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some clips of Amendola I put together based on last year's season opener:

Old 03-14-2013, 07:18 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently we did have the chance to match Denvers proposal, Reiss is reporting Welker's camp contacted us after Denvers proposal and we just said no thank you, were going for Amendola. Lol, harsh.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:42 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really not surprised by it, though. Think about how Welker acted since his contract was up to start 2012. He was outspoken in the media about his contract. He heldout. He then was clearly lacking focus when he returned. When he finally had a big game he said something along the lines of 'it's nice to stick it to Bill' and then, to top it all off, he calls the Patriots offer "laughable." It sounds like they offered a very similar deal that he scoffed at and then he came running back (when he realized the offer was right on par with his actual market value) expecting them to match Denver's offer, which was only different in guaranteed money.

I would love to hear/see/read more about Brady's comments. I'd be surprised if they weren't directed more towards Welker than they were towards the club.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I'm not sure about that last part Elvis. I think Brady realizes that right now, were looking like a 2006 offense in terms of WRs. And I don't blame him. We all said last year we needed a deep threat, and now we swapped Welker for an injury prone clone. Don't get me wrong, I love the potential there, but I'm slightly worried about his health. We should really go out and get a deep threat, and heres hoping it comes in the draft.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-14-2013, 09:01 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amendola and Welker are different types. Amendola can line up wide and win more often but isn't as good inside. However he offers more in terms of explosive plays. I watched week 10 against SF and he ran a couple of whips against Carlos Rogers and got 5 yards of separation both times. Bear in mind that Welker couldn't get away from Rogers this year. I think it indicates that an outside guy will be a big priority in the draft though

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all i got to say is with his injury history, Amendola better not be returning punts/kicks this year like he did for the Rams

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
all i got to say is with his injury history, Amendola better not be returning punts/kicks this year like he did for the Rams
Let's be honest, we all know he will be playing special teams. Even with Edelman we will find a way to have him handle some return duties.

Feed Moncrief
Old 03-14-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I really hope we re-sign Edelman. Between him and Amendola we should be able to have one slot guy healthy at any given point.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

So we might be making a serious run at Revis now..........

Feed Moncrief
Old 03-14-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Feed Moncrief
Old 03-14-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
i doubt it. i saw rumors yesterday we were making a serious run at Larry Fitzgerald. Who knows man lol

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Lots of poo to fling, hoping for stickyness . . .

Old 03-14-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Lots of poo to fling, hoping for stickyness . . .
At least these rumors can get our hopes up briefly

Feed Moncrief