Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 02-05-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Notre Dame Football

I figured since there is a thread for Miami football, there may as well be one for ND football. Pretty much just discuss anything ND football related in here. What do you think the lineup will look like next year?

Last edited by Notredameleo : 02-05-2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: wrong forum
Notredameleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well the skill positions are pretty much set, except runningback, but that will be a rbc deal imo. Can't be sure about LT, it will either be Romine or Trevor Robinson kicking outside. If TR kicks outside watt could have one guard job with the other being filled up by olsen obviously. Wenger will be the center and Sam Young the RT. On he defensive side: Ian williams as nose guard with ethan johnson and hafis williams being our 3/4 ends and hafis perhaps moving inside when we play 43 (since we do both) with ethan again on the edge, this time with kerry neal. I feel they will try and move brian smith outside again if they can find someone they can trust to man middle (McDonald, Te'o filer Poluszny Calabrese) and play fleming outside as well. Blanton McNeill and the returning walls will share the two starting corner jobs between them and harrison smith will parter up with kyle mccarthey at safety.

Possible strategic changes?/expectations?
I expect a lot of 2 tight end sets. It will be tough to keep either rudolph or ragone of the field. It would also open up the field a bit for Tate and Floyd to be special.
I expect Hughes to be asked (not forced!!!) to play FB. This is a thing he should jump at imo cause he has the ability to be a pro FB, at rb not so much.
I expect a whole bunch of defensive linemen to see plenty of playing time with Ethan Johnson being the mainstay.
I expect most of our defensive recruits to see the field. Only dan fox I feel will not see the field.

Overall I expect next year to be sweet. I feel like we should at least get 9 wins (excluding a possible bowl win, im not projecting that game due to the fact i dont know who we'll play).

Ow yeah and our '10 recruiting class is gonna be #1 nationally(providing that alabama doesnt decide to let 40 guys sign, something i dont put beyond them)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

it'll be interesting to see what they do this season. i hope ND does good.
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just glad the Miami fans didn't screw it up and actually put their thread in the college football forum instead of the recruiting forum...
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I'm just glad the Miami fans didn't screw it up and actually put their thread in the college football forum instead of the recruiting forum...
Thats funny because I tried to move it, but I dont know how.. Also, I'm curious as to why youre so hostile? Seemed kind of rude to attack someone for no reason. In my original post I didn't say anything bad about the Canes or anything, which is why im confused. Thanks for being a douche though. Dont worry Canes fans, I know all of you aren't like this a-hole!
Old 02-06-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
Thats funny because I tried to move it, but I dont know how.. Also, I'm curious as to why youre so hostile? Seemed kind of rude to attack someone for no reason. In my original post I didn't say anything bad about the Canes or anything, which is why im confused. Thanks for being a douche though. Dont worry Canes fans, I know all of you aren't like this a-hole!

haha, If you think that was hostile you may be more sensitive than a 14 year old girl watching The Notebook.

Grow some thicker skin bro, you even admitted you messed up.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Notre Dame sucks dick.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Notre Dame sucks dick.
that is just sad

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-06-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
that is just sad
sucking dick is sad.;)

But on a serious note, do you domers think Shaq will crack the starting line-up no.3 WR?
Old 02-06-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
sucking dick is sad.;)

But on a serious note, do you domers think Shaq will crack the starting line-up no.3 WR?

get a bunch of playing time yes, but he has some nice players in front of him. so yeah i think he sees the field(if he doesnt want to redshirt but i dont think he wants that) but isnt our third receiver

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-06-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
get a bunch of playing time yes, but he has some nice players in front of him. so yeah i think he sees the field(if he doesnt want to redshirt but i dont think he wants that) but isnt our third receiver
Oh yeah, I forgot about Kumara (or whatever his name is).
Old 02-06-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
since you are a sc fan and considering our last game you are forgiven for actually not knowing we have any wideouts on our roster

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-06-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kamara sucks but there is a lot of talent at the WR position. John Goodman, Deion Walker are both ahead of Shaq atm and Robbie Parris may be as well. It'll be touhg for Shaq to crack the top-3 this year, but he should get a fair amount of playing time.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Kamara sucks but there is a lot of talent at the WR position. John Goodman, Deion Walker are both ahead of Shaq atm and Robbie Parris may be as well. It'll be touhg for Shaq to crack the top-3 this year, but he should get a fair amount of playing time.
I actually liked him, thought he was one of the only players who "stood out", that and your RB (forgot his name). Ethan Johnson looked good in the bowl game too (but then again who didn't?).
Old 02-06-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I hate ND, Golden Tate is the ************* truth. That guy is a legit deep threat.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I actually liked him, thought he was one of the only players who "stood out", that and your RB (forgot his name). Ethan Johnson looked good in the bowl game too (but then again who didn't?).
He had a pretty decent freshman campaign, but then got fat and had a huge case of the dropsies this year. James Aldridge is the RB that did decently against you guys, but he has been a massive bust.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Quote:
haha, If you think that was hostile you may be more sensitive than a 14 year old girl watching The Notebook.

Truce, i dont want to argue, I was just in a bad mood!! Does anyone know how to move this?
Old 02-07-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

who do you guys think are our main targets in recruiting for the '10 class(besides lombards and martin who would be up there in my top).
for me: (only realistic targets) also added a ranking on how likely i think they are to come to nd.
1 Seantrel Henderson (6) opp: minnesota USC
2 Jake Heaps (7) opp: UW, BYU
3 Anthony Barr (2) opp: USC
4 James Hurst (3) opp: Indiana Tennessee
5 Khairi Fortt (9) opp: penn state BC
6 Justin McCay (8) opp: kansas mizzou
7 Chance Carter (1) opp: illinois
8 Tai-ler Jones (4) opp: georgia (tech)
9 Sean Parker (10) opp: usc offering
10 CJ Fiedorowicz (5) opp: illinois

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-07-2009, 11:05 AM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

Who the hell gives a ****, stop trolling. Either talk about ND football or don't even say anything. That simple.

I'm thinking ND could have a Big year this year...Floyd and Tate are a sick duo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!

Last edited by captainjack27 : 02-07-2009 at 11:07 AM.
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack27 View Post
Who the hell gives a ****.

Obviously you. :)
Old 02-07-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Obviously you. :)
...How? You were the one complaining that the thread is in the wrong place. I told you it doesn't matter where it is, just make comments pertinent to the thread.

Quote:
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack27 View Post
...How? You were the one complaining that the thread is in the wrong place. I told you it doesn't matter where it is, just make comments pertinent to the thread.
You are the one making a big deal about something that A) does not involve you and B) was over and dealt with already until you starting whining to me. My original post of
Quote:
was not complaining about it, it was simply responding to this opening statement by a ND fan -

Quote:
I figured since there is a thread for Miami football, there may as well be one for ND football.
If you think that's 'trolling' and not responding to something pertinent to the Miami - ND fan relationship you obviously know nothing about how we feel of each other. Miami fans will take any (this is the key word) opportunity given to talk trash to a domer when they bring us up.

But hey, great job giving a one sentence statement so much attention especially considering it didn't involve you and the person I directed it too already admitted it was not a big deal.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

Quote:
You are the one making a big deal about something that A) does not involve you and B) was over and dealt with already until you starting whining to me. My original post of

was not complaining about it, it was simply responding to this opening statement by a ND fan -

If you think that's 'trolling' and not responding to something pertinent to the Miami - ND fan relationship you obviously know nothing about how we feel of each other. Miami fans will take any (this is the key word) opportunity given to talk trash to a domer when they bring us up.

But hey, great job giving a one sentence statement so much attention especially considering it didn't involve you and the person I directed it too already admitted it was not a big deal.
If it wasn't a big deal, then why make such a long post. All I told you was to just talk about ND football...what's so hard about that?

Now the funny thing about what you said

Quote:
Miami fans will take any (this is the key word) opportunity given to talk trash to a domer when they bring us up.
No one brought up Miami. You were the first one to say anything. Reffering the Miami. Go ahead though, ruin another thread why don't you.

Quote:
Old 02-07-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
No one brought up Miami. You were the first one to say anything. Reffering the Miami. Go ahead though, ruin another thread why don't you.

Quote:
I figured since there is a thread for Miami football, there may as well be one for ND football.
*sigh*

Some people just can't admit they are wrong.

Move along, nothing to see here people. I will gracefully leave this thread until the day Notre Dame wants to play us again. :)
Old 02-07-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

Quote:
*sigh*

Some people just can't admit they are wrong.

Move along, nothing to see here people. I will gracefully leave this thread until the day Notre Dame wants to play us again. :)
I'm confused...because he said there was a Miami football thread...you have to mock ND fans?...ok, I guess that's cool

Quote:

Last edited by captainjack27 : 02-07-2009 at 02:24 PM.