Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-05-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default Brad Johnson

FWST is reporting Brad Johnson is visiting Valley Ranch: http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/16838391.htm
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Johnson would be a solid pickup for the team.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/16838391.htm

I'm not onboard with the possibility of signing Johnson. We just released an old QB who is a sitting duck in the pocket.

If we want that, then just wait Bledsoe out & resign him.

JJT of the Morning News said the Cowboys wanted a younger experienced backup who would push Romo. He brought up the names of Patrick Ramsey & Joey Harrington.
DallCowby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

But our O-line will be much improved, so a sitting duck QB won't be as bad as last year.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We hope the protection is better.

Just my opinion. I would rather have a younger exp. QB like a Ramsey or Harrington backing up Romo.

I just don't like having Johnson as the backup. Testaverde, Bledsoe, been their, done that. Time to try something different.

We don't need a tutor for Romo. The Cowboys already have Garrett & Wilson for that.

Let's face it, if Romo goes down, we are screwed. So I say roll the dice with a player with some upside.
DallCowby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallCowby1 View Post
We hope the protection is better.

Just my opinion. I would rather have a younger exp. QB like a Ramsey or Harrington backing up Romo.

I just don't like having Johnson as the backup. Testaverde, Bledsoe, been their, done that. Time to try something different.

We don't need a tutor for Romo. The Cowboys already have Garrett & Wilson for that.

Let's face it, if Romo goes down, we are screwed. So I say roll the dice with a player with some upside.
Ramsey, Brooks, Harrington would al be nice backups
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Granted, I didn't see Johnson play much last year, but I sort of like the idea of a wiley vet like Johnson being another pair of eyes on the sideline--someone who can talk to Romo about what he's seeing. I read somewhere that Troy Aikman said that having another QB like that who he could talk to was a huge help to him.

However, I must admit that someone like Ramsay is a much more interesting pickup.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

I am all for Brooks.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
I am all for Brooks.
Please! Not Brooks!
Old 03-05-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Why, he is not that old, has experience, and when in a good situation he could win some games. Not even peyton manning can win in oakland.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Brooks is terrible. I like Johnson as the backup. I like Ramsey and Harrington as backups too. I prefer Ramsey to them all.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

I am fine with Ramsey as well.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least Johnson has proven he can win in this league. Ramsey (whom I like) or Harrington have not. I don't think either of those guys would push Romo. IF those two can push Romo, then he's not the QB we all think he is.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Man it sucks for Ramsey, I think he needs another STARTING opportunity. He was 1st round pick.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bring back QUINCY CARTER!
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Hey, don;t disrespect him like that. He had the talent to be a pro-bowler, just messed his life up. Did anyone catch Outside the Lines the other day? He was on it and I just feel bad for him, he was almost in tears because he knows he could be getting paid like a Michael Vick or Donovan McNabb right now. I know he broughbt it upon himself, but I just feel bad for the guy.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone other than Brooks is fine with me. You have to wonder if Harrington would be a lead candidate considering that he worked with Jason Garrett last year and that seemed to be a bounce back year for Harrington. Also, Kerry Collins could be a candidate because Garrett was a teammate of his in NY and was a good friend to him during those tumultous times for Kerry.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

we just signed johnson to a 3 year deal. im pretty disgusted with this.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Same hear, he will be 41 when the deal is over..........WTF?
Old 03-05-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.

You guys are getting this 3.5M in the first year confused with base salary, he most likely signed for 3 year/6M or so, which is decent salary for a veteran backup, who can manage the team for a couple of games if Romo goes down.
jdnoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

God, Brad Johnson is terrible. He was absolutely awful his last two years in Tampa, and even worse this past season in Minnesota. You guys better hope Romo doesn't get hurt, because Johnson is toast.

I can't believe he got $3.5 million salary year one.....

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I seem to recall Johnson doing a good job managing the Vikings right after Culpepper went down in '05. And let's not forget that there was probably be a third stringer on the roster if necessary.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:28 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
God, Brad Johnson is terrible. He was absolutely awful his last two years in Tampa, and even worse this past season in Minnesota. You guys better hope Romo doesn't get hurt, because Johnson is toast.

I can't believe he got $3.5 million salary year one.....
There are very few teams who can do well if their starting QB get hurt... Put Tom Brady out of New England, Peyton Manning out of Indianapolis etc...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX View Post
I seem to recall Johnson doing a good job managing the Vikings right after Culpepper went down in '05. And let's not forget that there was probably be a third stringer on the roster if necessary.
Weak part of the schedule. And it was the defense and special teams winning games, not Johnson.

When the Vikes played legitimate competition, Johnson was terrible....i.e. at home against Pittsburgh, I believe he had 3 turnovers including 2 in the red zone.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We all know Brad will be here a year maybe 2 tops, he is here incase of an injury or a Romo breakdown. Don't get to wrapped up on length.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote