Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Loggerhead
Rookie

Loggerhead hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Loggerhead hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Haley is new Chief's HC

I question whether he has the composure to be a successfull head coach. See his spats with TO and Anquan Boldin.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...to-the-chiefs/
Old 02-05-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the chiefs could've done better, but he is hot commodity right now so I dont blame them.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a no-brainer...I'm happy for him though, I felt he drew up some really nice game plans down the stretch for that team, and I think he deserves a shot.

If they can get a solid QB they will have a nice young team to build around, let's see what he can do without an abundance of offensive weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll see how this goes. He's a good X's and O's guy, but I don't know anything about his personality. I wonder what this means for Tyler Thigpen and Mark Sanchez?
Old 02-05-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point in time you have to trust Pioli's judgement

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh. I agree that Scott Pioli knows what he's talking about but man. I'm not sold on this guy being HC material. Was kinda hoping for Leslie Frazier personally.

Oh well. We'll see how he does.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Loggerhead
Rookie

Loggerhead hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Loggerhead hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I dunno I thought Herm Edwards shouldn't have been fired. I thought he had this team on the right track. If Haley is smart he will keep Chan Gailey as OC.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggerhead View Post
I dunno I thought Herm Edwards shouldn't have been fired. I thought he had this team on the right track. If Haley is smart he will keep Chan Gailey as OC.
I'm probably the only Chiefs fan on these boards who really wanted Herm to stay. It was probably time for him to go though. He's a great coach (imo, don't destroy me T-Rich!) and will land on his feet, no question.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember when Parcells pushed him? That was so funny. I was happy when he left the Cowboys... and he was just a WRs coach. LOL.

Good for him. He'll have a chance to establish himself all over again with a fresh start. I really wonder how he'll handle his own emotions or if he's going to keep fighting with the players.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Remember when Parcells pushed him? That was so funny. I was happy when he left the Cowboys... and he was just a WRs coach. LOL.

Good for him. He'll have a chance to establish himself all over again with a fresh start. I really wonder how he'll handle his own emotions or if he's going to keep fighting with the players.
Wow I totally didn't connect that that was him, lol.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll believe it when there is a credible source

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with others that he's a better X's and O's guy than he is as a coach. He doesn't really seem to mesh with the players on a team. But who knows.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NO WAY! This is a rumor I've never heard!

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Wow I totally didn't connect that that was him, lol.
Yeah Haley started yapping to the refs and Parcells yanked his collar and pushed him to the side. Parcells hates assistants talking to the officials and he tells them not to... that he'll do it. Parcells always treated Haley like a kid and Haley always acted like a kid.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's a mistake. How hard is it to call plays when you have Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin? He took advantage of having two of the best WRs in the league and a QB that could get them the ball. Kansas City doesn't have that. He had the passing game going, but how can you fail when you have that to work with. The running game under him ranked 29th and 32nd. That's not going to be big trouble for a young developing team that doesn't have a quarterback.

Add in the problems he has with his players and I'm not sure what they're seeing in him.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Haley had that offense firing on all Cylinders.. but.

I think I think there were better candidates to grab.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actively changing my mock to Crabtree as a Chief.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a bad hire, in terms of Xs and Os, because the guy does know his offense. The thing I'm worried about is his character and how he deals with the vets on a team that is clearly rebuilding. What are the chances that LJ is out of town by training camp?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how coordinators with lots of talent on their unit get jobs, and then they usually screw it up... We shall see though...
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:50 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I'll believe it when there is a credible source
Here's one:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...offensive-boss

It's not official yet because there's no contract, but it's been set in motion for sure.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:51 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's hard to question Pioli at this point, but I am seriously wondering if this guy can lead a group of men to a championship level, or even one that is competititive. He seems pretty unstable to me.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this was the right hire for them. Hopefully he related wel to the young guys. L.J. was going to leave no matter who they hired.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:54 AM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
I think it's hard to question Pioli at this point, but I am seriously wondering if this guy can lead a group of men to a championship level, or even one that is competititive. He seems pretty unstable to me.
I kind of agree. Im just not a big fan of the coaches that scream and get into arguments. Player coaches are a lot better because the players will put there heart and soul out there for them not just play for them. Like Rex Ryan :)
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:19 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I was crossing my fingers that we'd get Leslie Frazier. I think he'd be a better fit, but it isn't my decision.

Like it's been said, it's hard to go against Pioli at this point because he's known for getting the job done.. but with that being said, he has been with Belichick for how long? He hasn't had to hire a head coach.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:48 AM    (permalink
GO_Chiefs
Rookie

GO_Chiefs is a cocksman.GO_Chiefs is a cocksman.GO_Chiefs is a cocksman.GO_Chiefs is a cocksman.

Who shall I give credibility to more?

Got to love Armchair QB's who know more than Scott Pioli. I'll trust his decision making.

Haley to the Chiefs: Arizona offensive coordinator to be KC head coach
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

Chiefs hire Haley as head coach
Haley to the Chiefs: Arizona offensive coordinator to be KC head coach

The Chiefs have hired Arizona Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley as their new head coach, a source close to the situation told The Kansas City Star.

Details of Haley’s contract were unavailable. It was also unclear when the Chiefs would make the announcement. The Chiefs would not confirm Haley’s hiring.

While The Star learned this week that the Chiefs planned to speak with Haley, the other candidates they interviewed have not been publicly identified. A representative with the Fritz Pollard Alliance, an organization that promotes NFL teams providing equal opportunities to minority candidates, said the Chiefs complied with the league’s Rooney Rule, which requires a team to interview at least one minority candidate for its head coaching vacancy.

Haley began his coaching career in 1996 as an offensive assistant coach with the Jets. Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli and Haley worked together in New York from 1997 through 1999, Pioli as the director of pro personnel and Haley as the wide-receivers coach.

The two then went their separate ways. Pioli followed Bill Belichick to New England, where the Patriots won three Super Bowl championships.

Haley moved on to coach wide receivers for the Bears and the Cowboys before joining the Cardinals last year.

Arizona advanced to the first Super Bowl in franchise history this season mainly on the strength of Haley’s offense. Arizona finished third in the NFL in scoring, fourth in total offense and second in passing yardage. The Cardinals set a franchise record by scoring 427 points.

The Cardinals then advanced to the Super Bowl, where they lost to Pittsburgh, by scoring at least 30 points in all three of their NFC playoff games.
GO_Chiefs is offline   Reply With Quote