Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:07 AM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Looks like Pioli won't be duplicating the success he had in New England.

Players don't like Haley, plain and simple... It won't work out. Bump this in 2 years when he gets fired.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:21 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He looks like a guy that can fire up a young squad. Let the play on the field talk from here on out.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:15 AM    (permalink
Wyndham
Rookie

Wyndham hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellonEarth84 View Post
Looks like Pioli won't be duplicating the success he had in New England.

Players don't like Haley, plain and simple... It won't work out. Bump this in 2 years when he gets fired.
Scott Pioli ... kid on a message board.

Tough call.
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't like the Haley talk when it was just talk but the more I think about the move the more I like it I hope they keep Galiey as OC and get a vet DC to help him out.

That all being said they need to trade LJ asap no way what so ever these two can/will get along we will see how this all plays out.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO_Chiefs View Post
Who shall I give credibility to more?

Got to love Armchair QB's who know more than Scott Pioli. I'll trust his decision making.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
Scott Pioli ... kid on a message board.

Tough call.
Damn these people for having opinions contrary to ours, so lets insult them!

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I trust Pioli. I would rather have had Frazier. But now I want McDermott as DC, but that may not happen with the recent diagnosis of JJ.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:57 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't buy the grabbing Crabtree bit at all. I think that Pioli would be smart enough to grab the best player available even if it is Crabtree but don't pen him in just yet.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I don't buy the grabbing Crabtree bit at all. I think that Pioli would be smart enough to grab the best player available even if it is Crabtree but don't pen him in just yet.
I agree but would not be shocked what so ever if we took him.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:17 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why haven't i heard this on ESPN yet? I was listening to The Herd on my way to class and they were still speculating over Haley. Is he hired or not?
Old 02-06-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Damn these people for having opinions contrary to ours, so lets insult them!
Yeah! What is this, a message board or something?

Old 02-06-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Why haven't i heard this on ESPN yet? I was listening to The Herd on my way to class and they were still speculating over Haley. Is he hired or not?
They have been talking about it on ESPN (TV) all day and its on the ticker they have said its done.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3888387

For all the non believers!

Old 02-06-2009, 12:09 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
They have been talking about it on ESPN (TV) all day and its on the ticker they have said its done.
Oh, haven't watched TV. I just imagined i would have heard it on the radio.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somewhere Mike Shanahan is sitting around scratching his head with a confused look on his face...

Why not hire a guy with his credentials who already knows everything about your worst enemies? Has Shanny ever had a HC job outside of the AFC West?

Oh well... Haley is a Parcells guy, so he must be good right? Just as Maurice Carthon.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We never really found out what went on with Shanahan, did we? Maybe he didn't want the job? Unless I'm completely out of the loop..

And I really don't like this hiring but meh. Maybe he won't be so bad with Pioli around. And I really don't see us picking Crabtree because of this hire. He should know that Pioli makes those decisions and has the final say no matter what.

It's semi exciting to be a Chiefs fan. By all accounts our team was better than 2 wins and maybe a new FO and coaching staff will help us realize this.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's put it this way... if Pioli can surround Haley with enough talent, HC won't really matter as much as who the OC and DC are.

First test for Haley... can he build a competent staff?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Somewhere Mike Shanahan is sitting around scratching his head with a confused look on his face...

Why not hire a guy with his credentials who already knows everything about your worst enemies? Has Shanny ever had a HC job outside of the AFC West?

Oh well... Haley is a Parcells guy, so he must be good right? Just as Maurice Carthon.
Shanny may of passed, there will probably be quite a few good job openings next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Chan Gailey is staying on as OC but it really depends on who the DC is and his staff. Our defense was way too bad last year.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I have heard he wanted to much power and another reason he is making big money to sit out.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
tony77

For Shanny...rough economy, desire for personnel control, $7-$10M/yr.

All three things that don't jive in KC.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Pioli and Haley seem to be very familiar with each other. It feels like their best friends the way they're talking to each other and giving each other looks. I think this is a good hire after watching this news conference. I know its like that with alot of news conferences but I have a feeling about Haley. His stubborness will benefit him as a head coach. He doesn't cater to the stars but the team instead.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Cerni88
Rookie

Cerni88 is a cocksman.Cerni88 is a cocksman.Cerni88 is a cocksman.

At first, I absolutely hated this hire. What immediately came to my mind is what about the defense. How is Haley, an offensive guy going to fix their biggest weakness. I always felt that a lot of Haley's success was because he had great talent and Russ Grimm coaching the line. But he did get the most out of what he had. It is going to be interesting to see what Haley can do with the recieving weapons in KC, Gonzo Bradley Bowe. And I look forward to seeing if Piolo can build him a championship defense.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great hire by the Chiefs, he is going to make a great Head Coach, sad to see him leave but he deserves his shot

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

He didn't come across very well spoken in the PC IMO that being said Herm Edwards was a great talker and won six games in two years.

I like the hire but like I said before I hope they put a veteran coaching staff around him I hope they keep Chan Gailey as OC and get some one like Romeo Crennel as DC.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:07 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

The more I read about this Haley dude the more I think Bowe will be the best receiver ever. Wait he already is :D
Quote: