Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
The more I read about this Haley dude the more I think Bowe will be the best receiver ever. Wait he already is :D
True dat! Best of all time!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would Haley try to trade for Leinart???
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That is some thing that has crossed my mind but that question really is would Pioli?
Old 02-06-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
That is some thing that has crossed my mind but that question really is would Pioli?
He liked Leinart's back up. Why wouldn't he like Leinart?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He liked Leinart's back up. Why wouldn't he like Leinart?
that is like saying you like the fat girl's hot friend and because of that you like the fat one too ;)

Leinart struggled in Haley offense at Arizona, doubt he would do any better in the same offense at KC.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
tony77

Haley has a Tomlin quality about him; he doesn't seem to like dealing with the press and is focused on his football team only. Which is why I think he will do well.

I also think that the Haley hire spells the end of Larry Johnson's career in KC. If Haley wasn't putting up with Owens or Boldin, he certainly won't be dealing with Johnson either; trade him to Cincinnati for their second-rounder.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They already have a better QB on their roster.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I think it's a mistake. How hard is it to call plays when you have Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin? He took advantage of having two of the best WRs in the league and a QB that could get them the ball. Kansas City doesn't have that. He had the passing game going, but how can you fail when you have that to work with. The running game under him ranked 29th and 32nd. That's not going to be big trouble for a young developing team that doesn't have a quarterback.

Add in the problems he has with his players and I'm not sure what they're seeing in him.
Pioli has a history with him so I'll trust his judgement. Pioli knows what he is doing.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellonEarth84 View Post
Looks like Pioli won't be duplicating the success he had in New England.

Players don't like Haley, plain and simple... It won't work out. Bump this in 2 years when he gets fired.
Coming from the dumbass with -555 reputation.

If you are against this then I feel even more confident.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony77 View Post
I also think that the Haley hire spells the end of Larry Johnson's career in KC. If Haley wasn't putting up with Owens or Boldin, he certainly won't be dealing with Johnson either; trade him to Cincinnati for their second-rounder.
I would be down right shocked if the Chiefs got a second round pick for LJ if that offer came they better jump all over before they change their mind.

Larry Johnson's trade value has dropped big time I would be more then happy getting a 4th round pick at this point.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I would be down right shocked if the Chiefs got a second round pick for LJ if that offer came they better jump all over before they change their mind.

Larry Johnson's trade value has dropped big time I would be more then happy getting a 4th round pick at this point.
Hah, I would be shocked as well if anyone offered anything near a 2nd for him, even a late 2nd. Wouldn't suck though, that's for damn sure. We could use it to draft another RB!

Old 02-06-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Hah, I would be shocked as well if anyone offered anything near a 2nd for him, even a late 2nd. Wouldn't suck though, that's for damn sure. We could use it to draft another RB!
Shonn Green or P.J. Hill would be a perfect addition at that point.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
NIPS
Rookie

NIPS is a cocksman.NIPS is a cocksman.NIPS is a cocksman.NIPS is a cocksman.NIPS is a cocksman.

Haley has a resume that says:

1 year as a playcaller

Will you hire me?

He will flop in KC, lets not kid ourselves. He as 1/4 of the talent on that collection of bust than he had in Phoenix.. eh
NIPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIPS View Post

1 year as a playcaller

Will you hire me?

He will flop in KC, lets not kid ourselves. He as 1/4 of the talent on that collection of bust than he had in Phoenix.. eh
Your right the draft doesn't exist and there is no way to add talent to your team.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:19 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIPS View Post

1 year as a playcaller

Will you hire me?

Shanahan had at least 10 years of play claling, how'd that work out this past year?

Lets not kid ourselves. Harbaugh, Smith and TOmlin didn't have much play calling. Its all about having the right system, front office and players. Play calling experience doesn't mean that much. If it did Shanny, Gruden, Reeves, and the likes would all have jobs.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:46 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3359/...26d6b2.jpg?v=0
Seperated at birth!?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 02-07-2009 at 09:57 AM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:31 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Chan Gailey is staying on as OC but it really depends on who the DC is and his staff. Our defense was way too bad last year.
HC - Haley
OC - Gailey
DC - Crennel?
Old 02-07-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
HC - Haley
OC - Gailey
DC - Crennel?
That would actually be a good hire if your ok with moving to a 3-4 Orakpo would make a lot more sense then at #3.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a bad hire, but I'm skeptical on how he'll do. I mean, who on these forums couldn't successfully run an Offense with Fitzgerald, Boldin, Warner, Edge and that other back (ugh, can't remember his name)

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
Not a bad hire, but I'm skeptical on how he'll do. I mean, who on these forums couldn't successfully run an Offense with Fitzgerald, Boldin, Warner, Edge and that other back (ugh, can't remember his name)
Hightower. A lot of people could. I'm not sure I like the hire either but that's who we've got. I'm more concerned with who is going to be our DC to be honest.

Old 02-07-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
That would actually be a good hire if your ok with moving to a 3-4 Orakpo would make a lot more sense then at #3.
That looks like what will happen. Crennel as Assistant Coach as well can really help Haley out. I would like it, though I'm not sure if the 3-4 is going to be ideal for them.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would Derrick Johnson be effective in a 3-4 defense?
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hightower. A lot of people could. I'm not sure I like the hire either but that's who we've got. I'm more concerned with who is going to be our DC to be honest.
Why thank you!

There's still a few good possibilities.

Romeo Cronell, Brian Stewart, Sean McDermott...Jim Haslett if your desperate.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they go with the 3-4, where will Dorsey play? Can he handle NT?
Old 02-07-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dorsey would prolly play DE, that would be my guess

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote