Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:03 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
But yeah, I would love to see Lebron run a 40 just for fun these days. Just to give us a number. I know the 4.4 rumor but, that sure would be a hell of a sight.

6'9
270 pounds
4.4 40
400 lb bench
44" vert

The measurable *****'s dream player. haha.
Can we get him an invite to the combine just cuz' ?
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:14 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeBron would get injured in the first minute on the field. Like his commercial though where he signed with the browns. Fieldgoal kicking would get tougher.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:48 AM    (permalink
pete_norm
Rookie

pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With their mesurables, they would all play for Oakland :) Being good in those conditions is really tuff.
pete_norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
But yeah, I would love to see Lebron run a 40 just for fun these days. Just to give us a number. I know the 4.4 rumor but, that sure would be a hell of a sight.

6'9
270 pounds
4.4 40
400 lb bench
44" vert

The measurable *****'s dream player. haha.
That's pretty much all bull. He was 6'7 240 pounds at the draft camp, he put on some weight, but I don't think he's 2 inches and 30 pounds bigger than when he entered the league.

The 4.4 is laughable, and the 44 is speculated with no proof at all, and LeBron never does anything to prove it as anything more than speculation.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:02 AM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

I think there are a couple of big 1 or 2 guards who could make it as NFL wr's. Guys like:
Deron Williams: 6-3, 207
Baron Davis:6-3, 215
Dewayne Wade: 6-4, 216
Derrick Rose: 6-3, 190

These are guys that all have good size, are all explosive, quick guys, with great hops and hands, who have great vision which could help them read defenses.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:06 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
I think there are a couple of big 1 or 2 guards who could make it as NFL wr's. Guys like:
Deron Williams: 6-3, 207
Baron Davis:6-3, 215
Dewayne Wade: 6-4, 216
Derrick Rose: 6-3, 190

These are guys that all have good size, are all explosive, quick guys, with great hops and hands, who have great vision which could help them read defenses.
great basketball hands and great hands for catching a football are entirely different though. Plus, they'd get crushed going over the middle, would have to learn routes, adjusting to the ball etc. I don't really like these other athletes would make it in the NBA. there are some rare occassions like Lebron, but that's about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
That's pretty much all bull. He was 6'7 240 pounds at the draft camp, he put on some weight, but I don't think he's 2 inches and 30 pounds bigger than when he entered the league.

Rookie year

Now

Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:15 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeBron James could, without a doubt in my mind. Other people? Not really. He's the only one really built like a football player. Kobe isn't nearly quick enough anymore. LeBron would because he is massive and exceptionally quick and fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:18 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
LeBron would get injured in the first minute on the field.
Do you have any reasoning for this claim or do you just like throwing out statements with no basis in fact? Plenty of tall players have gone more than a minute without being hurt.

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:33 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The 4.4 is laughable, and the 44 is speculated with no proof at all, and LeBron never does anything to prove it as anything more than speculation.

Actually that's not bull, he did grow, I remember the broadcasters were talking about it because he was measured before the season and grew taller and gained weight.

Stop acting like it's so hard to believe, we probably won't see another Lebron James for another 50 years, he's a freak in every sense of the word in every aspect, he defies logic and most of his stats and measurables are off the charts.

Lebron was an All-State WR, I also don't think he would just get "broken in half", like just because it's football that means he's still not built like a brick house.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I heard LBJ was ranked the #2 player in Ohio before he dropped football.

The #1?

Old 02-06-2009, 09:44 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I fully believe that Lebron would be an all pro tight end

But it would take him about 4 years to reach his potential

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
I fully believe that Lebron would be an all pro tight end

But it would take him about 4 years to reach his potential
4 years? Seriously, how would you stop a fade to LeBron every single play?
Old 02-06-2009, 09:59 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron would make it. He's ungodly athletic and I think he had the type of body that could hold up to NFL abuse. He would be absolutely unstoppable on the goaline. Nobody would be able to do anything to stop it. He's the only NBA guy I think this is even worth being thrown around with though. Football athleticism is different from Basketball athleticism. I think you would find a ton of those guys would look a lot slower in pads or even in shorts than you would initially expect.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:06 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

you do know that he came out of high school and people do grow....

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FWIW, dunno how much stock anyone would put into his words, but Bron shot down the 270 pounds thing, said it was just a rumor, but he did say he was 6'9, which probably means 6'7 3/4 without shoes.

LeBron would no doubt make it in the NFL, but I just love how people are so convinced he would be a dominant force, and believe outrageous combine numbers when LeBron opted out so he wouldn't hurt his stock.

Still the best athlete in the world right now IMO, but do you guys believe he can grab a quarter off the backboard too?
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:16 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Do you have any reasoning for this claim or do you just like throwing out statements with no basis in fact? Plenty of tall players have gone more than a minute without being hurt.
Yeah but Iam sure they would have a hell of a time taking hits, and run blocking. Due to their height, they are at a disadv. because stronger football players, who are most likely shorter, could submarine them and get their pad level lower. Plus can these guys memorize a playbook?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:23 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
FWIW, dunno how much stock anyone would put into his words, but Bron shot down the 270 pounds thing, said it was just a rumor, but he did say he was 6'9, which probably means 6'7 3/4 without shoes.

LeBron would no doubt make it in the NFL, but I just love how people are so convinced he would be a dominant force, and believe outrageous combine numbers when LeBron opted out so he wouldn't hurt his stock.

Still the best athlete in the world right now IMO, but do you guys believe he can grab a quarter off the backboard too?
without jumping yes.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some NBA players could excel at football. There are guys such as Nate Robinson(Superprep All-American football player in high school) who simply chose basketball over football. Basketball pays better. That doesn't mean all NBA players could excel in the NFL, but a few could. I doubt there are any NFL players who could excel in the NBA. If they could, they would have chosen basketball over football.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Basketball players don't like to be hit in basketball. They would have alligator arms in the NFL.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron's too tall to ever be a football player, especially a tight end.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
basketball is pretty bad for your knees and damages them in a way that makes them really sensitive for impact injuries. Impacts like a football tackle. Besides that it takes training to learn how to absorb a hit and he never got that since he played football in high school.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

As soon as they got hit they'd quit, nuff said. Baseball players have a better chance of being football players than basketball players do.
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Lebron's too tall to ever be a football player, especially a tight end.
There are many TE's, DE's and OT's in the 6'7 to 6'9 range....
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
There are many TE's, DE's and OT's in the 6'7 to 6'9 range....
I can think of three off the top of my head and one of them just retired. Jon Ogden, John Henderson, and Leonard Pope.

Extreme height is often a disadvantage in football because of how much leverage is tied into the sport.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote