Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 02-08-2009, 12:06 PM    (permalink
ravensfan3jt
Rookie

ravensfan3jt smells like sex panther.
Default My Ravens Draft/Offseason thoughts

The ravens need to draft a corner in round 1 which will add another great player to their defense such as DJ Moore or Alphanso Smith, and than in the second round they need to draft a receiver i think Kenny Brit is a good fit here because he is the tall type of deep threat the ravens need also Brandon Lafell would be a good second round pick. Last year many receivers picked in the second round showed tons of potential and contributed immediately such as Eddie Royal and Desean Jackson. Or they could go the other way and choose a receiver in the first round such as Jeremy Maclin, Hakeem Nicks or Darius Heyward Bay (I really don't think Percy Harvin fits well with the ravens) and in the second round get a corner like Asher Allen, Sean Smith, Victor Harris or Tevard Lindley. In the third round we need to get a linebacker most likely an inside linebacker because either Lewis, Scott or Both are leaving and we need a replacement in this draft such as Darry Beckwith or Jason Phillips, Jameel McClain may even be able to fill in he was an undrafted free agent last year and the ravens signed him and he had both of their safties. Antawn Barnes would replace Suggs next year if they lose him and may even replace Jared Johnson even if they get Suggs, Lewis, and Scott back. In the fourth Round we should get a DT or DE for more depth on the D-line Gregg, Banaan, and Pryce are all getting old and we should look to add someone to play with Ngata.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't Layfell going back to college? Or am I a dunce?
Old 02-08-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
ravensfan3jt
Rookie

oh yea sorry
Old 02-08-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trevard Lindley is going back also.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
ravensfan3jt
Rookie

sorry about that to
Old 02-08-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO Our draft day should go like this......

If available the Ravens should go Heyward-Bey, if he's gone get Nicks, and if he's gone then shop that pick for a WR. Rd 2 there has been talk of Laurinaitis slippin and it seems as if Ray Ray is outta here so I nab JL and call it a day 1. Rd 3 I look at Jairus Byrd CB of Oregon, if he is not there which I doubt I look for Robert Ayers DE, Tennessee or Kyle Moore DE, USC.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
ravensfan3jt
Rookie

I agree with the reciever part but i think Tavares gooden is a good player to replace lewis im not saying he will BE ray lewis but i think he can fill in for him
Old 02-08-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensfan3jt View Post
I agree with the reciever part but i think Tavares gooden is a good player to replace lewis im not saying he will BE ray lewis but i think he can fill in for him
Right I agree but we run a mostly 3-4 scheme and we need 2 inside LBs, and IMO Gooden/Laurinaitis would be dominant!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 02-08-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
ravensfan3jt
Rookie

yea but if we lose lewis that would most likely mean we keep scott so we would have johnson and suggs on the outside and gooden and scott in the middle i also think i good idea might be to replace johnson and start barnes instead
Old 02-08-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's no way Little Animal falls all the way to our 2nd pick. Maybe the second round, but not our pick in the 2nd. I would like WR in the first, or a corner if DHB/Nicks/Britt/Maclin aren't there.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Why does everyone think Harvin is a bad fit for us?? He is a playmaker and has top level speed...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Why does everyone think Harvin is a bad fit for us?? He is a playmaker and has top level speed...
I don't think he does have top level speed. He has AMAZING burst and agility, but his top-end speed isn't as good as some think it is. There were plenty of games where he was caught from behind with an open field in front of him, and a guy like DHB or Maclin probably would of taken those plays to the house. I don't really think he is much of a deep threat in the league, although he'll be great for a team that runs a ton of screens and spreads the ball around.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
ravensfan3jt
Rookie

i do not like harvin at all we already have a guy kinda like him in ray rice
Old 02-09-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

well as a ravens fan I made a list of what I'd do.
1. Resign Ray Ray and T-Sizzle.
2. Trade Willis McGahee for Anquan Boldin.
3. Draft Alphonso Smith and Ramses Barden.

ps. How would you guys feel about Larry Johnson? I mean hes from Maryland..

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordquas View Post

I do not think we could get Boldin for Willis.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
ravensfan3jt
Rookie

yea they would never do that, what about trade heap and mcgahee and maybe a 4th or fifth for boldin draft either smith at Corner (alphanso or sean) and draft barden

i wouldnt want johnson he is a troubled player and we dont need all of the press on the ravens
Old 02-09-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
I do not think we could get Boldin for Willis.
throw in a 4th. all the cards got at RB is Hightower once Edge leaves.

they need a shmuck like him

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
Old 02-09-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
ravensfan3jt
Rookie

i still dont think they would give up boldin for mcgahhe and a fourth they could just sign johnson themselves we can give them heap to and draft another big te in the draft
Old 02-09-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

heaps the man. the reason his numbers went down is because our offense was designed for joe flacco. he got thrown to less and was asked to block more.
we don't need to trade him.
larry johnson is a hell of a good runningback who calls Baltimore home.
screw McGahee. hes overrated, fat, and has asthma attacks in the huddle.
not to mention he gets rocked in the open field and fumbles the rock

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
Old 02-09-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
ravensfan3jt
Rookie

hes not overrated a year ago he was fifth in the league in rushing he was slowed by injuries this year
Old 02-09-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensfan3jt View Post
yea but if we lose lewis that would most likely mean we keep scott so we would have johnson and suggs on the outside and gooden and scott in the middle i also think i good idea might be to replace johnson and start barnes instead
Totally disagree, regardless of Ray re-signing or not Scott is a goner. so we'll need to pick up a good young ILB in the draft or free agency.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 02-10-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Totally disagree, regardless of Ray re-signing or not Scott is a goner. so we'll need to pick up a good young ILB in the draft or free agency.
I think that's more of an opinion lol. If Ray leaves, I would bet there's a good chance of Scott returning.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rays not leaving. Mark that down.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh and by the way, I doubt we will be "franchising" lewis. If we use the tag, its either gonna be on Jason Brown or Terrell Suggs. *Heres Why*
Old 02-10-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordquas View Post

LOL

Willis for Boldin!! Yah right, maybe in some alternate dimension where everybody is ********.
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote