Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 11-09-2010, 12:54 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Other than a pass rusher, what would your guys next need be? WR if/when Jackson is gone? OL?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Amari Cooper or Melvin Gordon Please
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Other than a pass rusher, what would your guys next need be? WR if/when Jackson is gone? OL?
RT and SS are also big needs, maybe even ILB if Butler doesn't make it all the way back.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Jammer

I agree on the SS need, I also think AJ could pull the trigger on the Jammer transition to SS...assuming he and Weddle would work well together, that could be a monster duo (but both have stone hands!). This would create a need at corner.

I would love it if Gabe Carimi falls far enough in the first for us to take him and plug him into RT for 10 years! Even Marcus Cannon sounds like a good candidate for RT.
bergo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:45 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergo23 View Post
I agree on the SS need, I also think AJ could pull the trigger on the Jammer transition to SS...assuming he and Weddle would work well together, that could be a monster duo (but both have stone hands!). This would create a need at corner.

I would love it if Gabe Carimi falls far enough in the first for us to take him and plug him into RT for 10 years! Even Marcus Cannon sounds like a good candidate for RT.
The idea of a brawler rt is very appealling to me. Anything to get the running game going, and we just don't lose games when Rivers has time to operate. I am not a clary fan.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

awwwwwww yeah 5-5 and one game behind the Chiefs. Bring it Indy!
Old 11-27-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought you guys might enjoy this.
I loved Rivers at NC State.
Guy has always been a pure WINNER.
He's clutch as hell.

J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

hehe, i remember these videos from the summer of 2005 cropping up. They are magnificent but I would wager to say have been surpassed by his nfl highlights by now.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game. Good luck the rest of the way.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Good game. Good luck the rest of the way.
There's nobody here... not since November.
San Diego is so nice, they don't have time to spend indoors on the internet.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
TheMorningZoo
Rookie

TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, our season is lost-but we might as well go out on a high note and stick it to Denver. I was not a fan of the Norv choice when Schotty was canned (who I was a big fan of), and Norv's track record speaks for itself. Great Offensive Guru/Mastermind, but poor motivator and gameday coach.

I think he WILL get a pass and will be on the sidelines in '11, but I HOPE he doesn't. Our window of opportunity is closing, and we are far from the team we were when he took over. Gone is the run first, run second, pass third team that was stacked with L.T. in his prime, Lo' Neal, a rock solid mauling O-line, JWall, Merriman, etc. Now we have our pass first approach and a more finesse game as a whole. Norv has done wonders for Rivers, and he is like Manning and Brees in that he can get it done with no name players.

Here's to firing Norv, promoting Rivera, getting a new OC (Kubiak maybe?), and Singletary would be a nice addition to the coaching staff (LB's). I have seen a lot of love for Marvin Lewis as well as a DC, I need to do more research but we shall see what happens.
TheMorningZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:32 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only good thing that could come out of this is that Norv is kept at OC and we bring in a new HC that can lead us.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:49 AM    (permalink
1funguy
Rookie

1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No changes happening fast.

We need game-changers & maulers on defense. Beef. AJ appears to have a vegetarian diet.

I'll hold out hope for a better draft this year, but it will require a mindset change in our FO. Time to back down from the "we'll outscore everybody" mentality & build a nasty D.

I'd like to see an agreement reached to keep VJ. Learn how to handle him, AJ/Norv. We have a lot of time invested in the guy & he produces on the field. Figure out a way to curtail his misadventures. Not every talented player is going to be a choir boy, so wake up & learn to deal with those dynamics or keep telling yourself that mediocrity is acceptable.

I personally hope that we draft defense AT LEAST through our 1st pick of the 3rd. Seriously doubt that the 3rd for Cro (unless via playing time) turns into a 2nd, definitely not the one for Whitey. Even if they did, I'd go with the same idea re: defense outside of a possible mauler ROT.

The only way I possibly see a change at HC or GM would be a change in ownership which will also mean an address change.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default OT's and CB's and Even ILB's

Picking middle of each of the first 3 rounds, plus the extra 2 and 3...this class seems to be semi deep at positions we need...so I have confidence we will find what we need in the draft to make a run at a Lombardi next year health permitting. Hopefully AJ adds another vet or two in Free Agency to fill the losses that are sure to come (WR, Linebacker, etc).

Its disappointing to lose another opportunity in the tournament, but this team will have plenty of opportunities (minus ST follies and injuries) in the next 3-5 years to get it done on the Lombardi front.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
1funguy
Rookie

1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Picking middle of each of the first 3 rounds, plus the extra 2 and 3...this class seems to be semi deep at positions we need...so I have confidence we will find what we need in the draft to make a run at a Lombardi next year health permitting. Hopefully AJ adds another vet or two in Free Agency to fill the losses that are sure to come (WR, Linebacker, etc).

Its disappointing to lose another opportunity in the tournament, but this team will have plenty of opportunities (minus ST follies and injuries) in the next 3-5 years to get it done on the Lombardi front.
What extra 2? I haven't seen anything yet that says the Cro pick nor the Whitehurst pick has turned into a 2nd. Have no idea what the conditions were to raise either, but offhand I'd say that Cro's is the only one with any chance to become a 2nd & that would have to be based on snaps. He surely didn't do anything spectacular re: INT's, tackles, points, etc.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

Default Cro is the extra Two

I am assuming the Cro pick is the extra two, based on the # of snaps he played. I have seen this in several mocks on the web.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
1funguy
Rookie

Quote:
I am assuming the Cro pick is the extra two, based on the # of snaps he played. I have seen this in several mocks on the web.
I've seen it there as well but have no info regarding escalators. Until it's in stone, I'm going to continue playing with 3 3rd's.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

Default Cro Pick

I saw on ESPN today that if the Jets win and get into the divisional round, its a 2...so I will be a big Jets fan this weekend.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
1funguy
Rookie

Quote:
I saw on ESPN today that if the Jets win and get into the divisional round, its a 2...so I will be a big Jets fan this weekend.
As distasteful as this is ..... GO JETS!!! :-D
Old 01-09-2011, 12:30 AM    (permalink
bolts2388
Rookie

bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

Quote:
Jets win and Chargers win. Chargers now get Jets 2nd-round pick in Antonio Cromartie trade.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

Default I am hoping all Defense, onless we get a RT

Now that we have 5 picks in the first 100, I am hoping we get mostly D, with a potential RT to replace Clary (although I do hope we resign him).

I am pumped we got the extra 2 for Cromartie, he is talented but a headcase, and we need a physical corner to help in the run game, especially in our division.

C'mon AJ do another 2004 draft for us, and we'll be back in business.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:31 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Safety
Corner
Gaurd
DE
WR

Pretty excited about this year's draft

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
1funguy
Rookie

Quote:
Now that we have 5 picks in the first 100, I am hoping we get mostly D, with a potential RT to replace Clary (although I do hope we resign him).

I am pumped we got the extra 2 for Cromartie, he is talented but a headcase, and we need a physical corner to help in the run game, especially in our division.

C'mon AJ do another 2004 draft for us, and we'll be back in business.
Same here. Although I must say - as distasteful as it is to me to envision AJ drafting DB's, we need to start considering a CB who can learn behind Jammer as his eventual replacement.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:11 PM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

Default Asomugha

I think AJ may roll the dice on a proven vet CB in Asomugha or even Champ Bailey. Either that or draft a rook and he plays nickel his rookie year then moves to the outside when Jam is ready to become a Pro Bowl Safety!
Old 01-15-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm working on my first mock draft of the season and have Jimmy Smith mocked to the Chargers. What do you guys think of that? Originally I had Cam Jordan but changed the pick after reading this thread.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:30 AM    (permalink
1funguy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I'm working on my first mock draft of the season and have Jimmy Smith mocked to the Chargers. What do you guys think of that? Originally I had Cam Jordan but changed the pick after reading this thread.
Are you talking about Aldon Smith outta Mizzou?