Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 01-17-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1funguy View Post
Are you talking about Aldon Smith outta Mizzou?
No, I'm talking about Jimmy Smith, the corner out of Colorado.

I have changed the pick, however, to Von Miller.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:01 AM    (permalink
1funguy
Rookie

1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
No, I'm talking about Jimmy Smith, the corner out of Colorado.

I have changed the pick, however, to Von Miller.
I surely wouldn't have our FO take a DB at 18 unless it was Amakamura or Petersen.

Not at all sold on Von Miller either. I'd likely go with the DE from Cal (Jordan? I get all of these Cameron's mixed up) or Ayers.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:49 PM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Cam Heyward

I would also take Cam Heyward at #18, cuz he is the type of run stopping 5 tech we have needed since Olshansky left.
bergo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:28 AM    (permalink
evenar
Rookie

evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.

I would be a big fan of getting Cam Jordan, even though we'd might have to give up a second rounder to move up in the first and grab him. Plugging him in at left DE would instantly improve both our run D and pass rush.

As for the later rounds, I think Leonard Hankerson looks really good, he would make perfect sense in the 2nd round if we lose VJax or Floyd, and there seems to be some mid-round value for pass-rushers. A guy like Jeremy Beal seems to be dropping on draft boards, and I would also applaud it if they were to draft a corner in the 3rd to plug him in at nickel (and maybe be a long-term potential starter when Jammer is done).
evenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:39 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fine with any of the DL's currently graded in the first round except Bailey and Watt. Bailey's already on the roster, except his name is Vaughn Martin. And Watt just isn't that good in my eyes. It seems like everybody WAS mocking Jordan to the Chargers but if the senior bowl reports are accurate I think that ship has sailed, assuming they stay at #18. A.J. has the ammo to move up, however.

Someone to keep an eye on could be Ayers, because he's scheme diverse - right off the bat he could play the "joker" position that Applewhite usually mans. Long term if English fails, he could kick over to OLB, or if 2 or more of the LB's leave via FA, he could potentially slide inside. A player like that could be a really nice toy for Manusky to play with.

Basically I want a defensive player with star potential. Right now it's a very good group of role players with two borderline pro-bowlers (Garay & Phillips). I want one bona-fide star that will keep offensive coordinators up at night.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in the same boat chicken, except different position. I would LOVE to see a dominant ILB come our way. Maybe it's Butler who is already on the roster.

A SS would be terrific too, no more of this 'Steve Gregory, starter' BS.

But the bottom line is we don't know who will come our way or leave in free agency yet...we could have serious holes at FS and RT, along with obviously WR that would dictate how our picks will go.

So for now, dream big, dream Julio Jones.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:25 AM    (permalink
evenar
Rookie

evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.

I'll post my wishlist:
Obviously, I'd like the team to resign V Jax, Kevin Burnett, Erik Weddle and Floyd (he can be tendered?). Then I'd like us to get a safety to pair with Weddle in free agency, Danieal Manning, Michael Huff, Quintin Michell, Dawan Landry, Roman Harper and Sensabaugh would all be upgrades over Gregory/Oliver, and all are free agents. I would also like depht at ILB, but I would trust Donald Butler as a starter. If he fails, the 2012 ILB class looks really good...

Then I'd like us to go something like this:
1st: The best available at 5-tech or rush backer, lets just say Cameron Heyward.
2nd: Leonard Hankerson
2nd: We took Cam Heyward, lets say we add a guy like Dontay Moch (his stock will probably rise after his combine and pro day).
3rd: Marcus Gilbert maybe? Someone to challenge Clary atleast, if he is at all resigned.
3rd: Shareece Wright, he is a player who could come in right away and start at the nickel back position. Some character issues, supposedly, but was also a team captain.
6th: Depht at ILB...
This would give us 1 (2) rookie starter (Heyward and maybe Gilbert), depht at WR, CB and OLB, with a new free agent safety.

Last edited by evenar : 02-01-2011 at 09:29 AM.
evenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:26 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be Julio Jones.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:19 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm not that big a fan of Liuget, I don't like him as a 34 end, but he looks to have a very thick trunk and lower body, I wonder if the Bolts are going to try to bulk him up to play the nose.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok with this draft so far, and I can see the philosophy. I know everyone wanted Jordan but in our scheme, we prefer 300 pounders with more bone girth at DE, and Liuget had top 20 value. He doesn't have the star potential that I would have wanted ideally, but those options, namely Quinn, were off the board.

The Gilchrist and Wright picks I really like. They're both tough DB's that can tackle, play nickel, and play on coverage units, plus Gilchrist has return ability.

Brown is a personal favorite who I love.

The Mouton pick is a head scratcher and I'm going to guess Norv's spin on it won't make me feel too much better. Special teams I guess? Developmental pass rusher?
Old 04-29-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

Just watched Norv's interview. He talks about him mostly as a nickel MIKE linebacker and special teams player. Ehh, okay. Not sure that's worth a 2nd but whatever.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:32 AM    (permalink
1funguy
Rookie

1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I won't pan the choices. I do think that AJ has once again over-reached on the 2nd day. Over-reaction to last year's poor ST play.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hi gaiz

asdadda

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Hai bant

Anyway in the shadow of the bigger free agency players, I think it is pretty obvious the Chargers are having a great off season and are in good position here at the start of August.

Returning the #1 Offense and #1 Defense is legit as **** and begs the question: how are special teams looking? Not bad, with a new coach and basically an entire draft dedicated to gunners, and the re-signing of Kelley Washington. Last year the Chargers gave up 5 blocked punts and a sickening amount of huge kick returns.

Miraculously Nate Kaeding remains on the roster

Some interesting and relevant signings including Takeo Spikes, Bob Sanders, and almost all of our players. Jackson missed ten games last year as Rivers led a cast of nobodies to a dominant passing game. Gates is back too, along with Weddle and most of our depth. Looking good, ultimately the team has to be good enough to win games in the postseason and for the bolts that just means putting talent around Rivers, and right now that is what they have done.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:52 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved the Takeo Spikes pick up if he can mentor and train our youngins to have a neck almost as scarey as his I think our ILB is going to be great. Also like the LaBoy pick up much needed depth. Bob Sanders signing is a kind of signing if he does well Aj will look like a genius if not no one will care which is what I love about the pick up. Excited to see Butler get on the field this season.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:57 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I loved the Takeo Spikes pick up if he can mentor and train our youngins to have a neck almost as scarey as his I think our ILB is going to be great. Also like the LaBoy pick up much needed depth. Bob Sanders signing is a kind of signing if he does well Aj will look like a genius if not no one will care which is what I love about the pick up. Excited to see Butler get on the field this season.
Butler and Mouton getting mentored by Spikes would be terrific. They both have the ability to be really good linebackers in this D and Spikes obviously speaks for himself, coming off really a career year.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:28 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

hi

Does Gamble make the cut? He kind of went under the radar after the first game. I think he makes it from that first game alone I mean he's shown strides and with English out for who knows long he might have a chance.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
hi

Does Gamble make the cut? He kind of went under the radar after the first game. I think he makes it from that first game alone I mean he's shown strides and with English out for who knows long he might have a chance.
This just reminds me I'm happy Gamble made the squad. Nothing against English, but in one preseason Gamble showed more than English ever has. Hope they both succeed.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
This just reminds me I'm happy Gamble made the squad. Nothing against English, but in one preseason Gamble showed more than English ever has. Hope they both succeed.
I think Barnes should start. He's just so exlosive, I'd want to give him as many snaps as possible. I think he could easily get 10-15 sacks this season if he does.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Now with Castillo out sign another player for depth to keep our rotation going. There was not a big drop off when he left. This is a good opportunity for Martin and Luiget to get their reps or to step it up and take over. I'm hoping Luiget can make an impact this season I loved what I've seen from the pre season.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game guys. Good luck the rest of the way.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 09-27-2011 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Truthiness
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Good game guys. Good luck the rest of the way.
Same Vidazzle. If Cassel keeps throwing to Bowe like that he is going to keep Luck off the squad...
Old 09-28-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

hi

asdasdasdasdas

Old 09-28-2011, 08:08 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
hi

asdasdasdasdas
Bob Sanders experiment now to be replaced with Tommie Harris experiment. The only upside here is that I can go back to daydreaming about finally taking a first round caliber safety.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

yes bob sanders played a solid 2 games lol

now stucky needs a chance and get moved over esintead of sitting behind weddle