Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default A Look Into the Future O-Line Situation?

Just saw on the Eagles team site that Shawn Andrews is listed as both a Guard and Tackle. I don't recall seeing this before. Perhaps this means that Runyan may not be retained, or that they are exploring the options (that I have been saying for months now, not to gloat) of putting Andrews at RT and bringing MJG in at RG. With this developement, I think it is a lot less likely that the Eagles look for another OG for the future or a RT porspect. I think the team may be concentrating more on the LT position for our line...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think you guys need to find a way to get Nick Cole into the lineup.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I really think you guys need to find a way to get Nick Cole into the lineup.
A few of us think there may be competition for him as the starting Center, which is where he is listed as the actual backup. We also need to get MJG in there as well. I've been saying that since we drafted him, and he finally got the chance this year.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:13 AM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Just saw on the Eagles team site that Shawn Andrews is listed as both a Guard and Tackle. I don't recall seeing this before. Perhaps this means that Runyan may not be retained, or that they are exploring the options (that I have been saying for months now, not to gloat) of putting Andrews at RT and bringing MJG in at RG. With this developement, I think it is a lot less likely that the Eagles look for another OG for the future or a RT porspect. I think the team may be concentrating more on the LT position for our line...
I think Andrews has been listed at G/T for over a year.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002

I've been saying we should draft a center or a guard instead of a tackle for months now. And I also think Nick Cole should start whether it's at center or left guard. A name I like who's going to be available is Jason Brown on the Ravens. The dude owned Bunkley. He's an absolute roadgrader and can pass block just as well as Jackson. This guy will be a franchise center someday and I hope we can jump on him kind of like we did with Runyan in 2000. Assuming we do, our line should be something like

Herremans-Cole-Brown-MJG-Andrews

Apparently the staff loves McGlynn and sees him like another Jon Runyan, so if we can't draft a big name or bring in Brown we should be in decent hands with Herremans-McGlynn-Cole-MJG-Andrews.

With that being said I still feel we should try to bring in a decent amount of offensive linemen and make a large competition. Even if it means putting some good players or high picks on the bench, it still means we have battle tested and quality players at the most important position in football.
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
I think Andrews has been listed at G/T for over a year.
It is very possible. I've just never noticed it before, and it struck me as weird, considering I had never taken notice to it.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I've been saying we should draft a center or a guard instead of a tackle for months now. And I also think Nick Cole should start whether it's at center or left guard. A name I like who's going to be available is Jason Brown on the Ravens. The dude owned Bunkley. He's an absolute roadgrader and can pass block just as well as Jackson. This guy will be a franchise center someday and I hope we can jump on him kind of like we did with Runyan in 2000. Assuming we do, our line should be something like

Herremans-Cole-Brown-MJG-Andrews

Apparently the staff loves McGlynn and sees him like another Jon Runyan, so if we can't draft a big name or bring in Brown we should be in decent hands with Herremans-McGlynn-Cole-MJG-Andrews.

With that being said I still feel we should try to bring in a decent amount of offensive linemen and make a large competition. Even if it means putting some good players or high picks on the bench, it still means we have battle tested and quality players at the most important position in football.
I agree with you to a certain extent. If a franchise LT is available we should take a shot at it. We already have the interior OL loaded with great players. I know those spots may be vacated soon, but the tackles shuld be a higher priority than G or C, though not much higher. It all depends what the coaching staff plans on doing...

Old 02-09-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
I agree with you to a certain extent. If a franchise LT is available we should take a shot at it. We already have the interior OL loaded with great players. I know those spots may be vacated soon, but the tackles shuld be a higher priority than G or C, though not much higher. It all depends what the coaching staff plans on doing...
At the same time, I think we're loaded at tackle. Herremans has no business playing guard to begin with all he can do is pass block. He'll be perfect at left tackle, and Andrews is the type who'll be great wherever you put him, since tackle is more important than guard I'd consider him our franchise right tackle. Our line's biggest weakness last year was run blocking and as far as I'm concerned we need an interior upgrade. I wouldn't mind drafting a guy like Britton or Oher because I think they both would be great at left guard.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
At the same time, I think we're loaded at tackle. Herremans has no business playing guard to begin with all he can do is pass block. He'll be perfect at left tackle, and Andrews is the type who'll be great wherever you put him, since tackle is more important than guard I'd consider him our franchise right tackle. Our line's biggest weakness last year was run blocking and as far as I'm concerned we need an interior upgrade. I wouldn't mind drafting a guy like Britton or Oher because I think they both would be great at left guard.
Agreed, the OL coach would really maximize their potential. Can't remember his name right now, ugh.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:04 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Agreed, the OL coach would really maximize their potential. Can't remember his name right now, ugh.
Juan Castillo I think. Little guy that looks and talks like he should be coaching soccer if you know what I mean. But the dude is a damn good line coach.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Juan Castillo I think. Little guy that looks and talks like he should be coaching soccer if you know what I mean. But the dude is a damn good line coach.
Thank you! You haven't been here long enough like some of the Eagles fans here to know that I can completely blank on names sometimes, when it is really easy. As for Castillo looking like a soccer coach. No way in hell. I was 20 feet away from him and the OL in TC and there have been few times that I've heard more intesity (and profanity) from one person in a small amount of time. (Mike Gibson got beat, and Castillo was reaming him out!) He is a damn good line coach, one of the better ones in the NFL if you ask me.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:
Thank you! You haven't been here long enough like some of the Eagles fans here to know that I can completely blank on names sometimes, when it is really easy. As for Castillo looking like a soccer coach. No way in hell. I was 20 feet away from him and the OL in TC and there have been few times that I've heard more intesity (and profanity) from one person in a small amount of time. (Mike Gibson got beat, and Castillo was reaming him out!) He is a damn good line coach, one of the better ones in the NFL if you ask me.
No one swears more then the Michigan coaching staff. And it doesn't matter who we bring in Juan will make them at least respectable ex Cole, Herremans, Jackson, I'm sure that there is at least one more but I cant remember.

P.S. Who is Winston Justice?

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
When I said he spoke like a soccer coach, I didn't mean his attitude.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrews has been listed as a G/T for a while now.

I wouldn't mind seeing a lineup like this at OL...

LT- First Round Pick (Eben Britton?)
LG- Max-Jean Gilles
C- Nick Cole
RG- Shawn Andrews
RT- Todd Herremans

What say ye?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:57 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McGlynn is interesting, as is King Dunlap. Herremens backed up Thomas at LT for his first 2 seasons before becoming the LG. I happen to think that MJG at the very least will play LG this season (in competition with Cole). Runyan just had microfracture surgery, so he could be had at a steep discount. That being said, he will be a major question mark. While I love both Runyan and Thomas, I think the Eagles have enough depth at the OLine spot (outside of LT) to overcome not bringing Runyan back. I could be okay with Herremens at LT, but I'd prefer one of these rooks at the spot. I think with 2 first rounders and fewer major needs on the team (DE is pretty solid, LB is pretty set, interior OLine is intact, etc), we could make a run at a top LT. We'll see what happens. Likelihood is that at least 1 interior OL will be cut or traded before TC. I would expect at least 1 Day 1 pick to be spent on OLine...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So at 21 and 28, who could you see as a potential starting OT? Eben Britton? Phil Loadholt? William Beatty?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:38 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've liked Loadholt for about 3 years, but I'm not sure he has the quickness to play LT for the Eagles. I think Justice is a better RT than LT, and I feel similarly about both McGlynn and Dunlap. I could see them moving up if a guy like Oher fell. If they don't go OT with their first rounder, I'd be shocked.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:54 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Andrews has been listed as a G/T for a while now.

I wouldn't mind seeing a lineup like this at OL...

LT- First Round Pick (Eben Britton?)
LG- Max-Jean Gilles
C- Nick Cole
RG- Shawn Andrews
RT- Todd Herremans

What say ye?
I wouldn't mind that at all either, but if the coaching staff is as high on McGlynn as it seems, I think it could end up more like...
LT-First round pick
LG-McGlynn
C-Cole
RG-MJG
RT-Andrews

Either one I am a fan of, but thats somehting I've ben thinking about for a bit as well. That is a really young, talented OL right there, even with the LT spot being vacated.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:58 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
So at 21 and 28, who could you see as a potential starting OT? Eben Britton? Phil Loadholt? William Beatty?
Britton could. Theres talk of Oher falling that low. Loadholt would have to be RT, and I haven't seen Beatty play, but I've heard he is more of a finesse guy, and may not fit our offense well. I really wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles trade up this year. You look at all of our needs, and OT is really only what you'd consider a first round need.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But what about Winston Justice :D

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:02 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I've liked Loadholt for about 3 years, but I'm not sure he has the quickness to play LT for the Eagles. I think Justice is a better RT than LT, and I feel similarly about both McGlynn and Dunlap. I could see them moving up if a guy like Oher fell. If they don't go OT with their first rounder, I'd be shocked.
I've seen Dunlap in TC, he could easily play LT. In fact I'd say he's better suited as an LT. He has arms like nothing I've ever seen. His arms might be as long as I am tall (5'8), haha. He has enough quickness to be a LT and with this extra year, I'm sure he can do it if he needed to come in for an injury. The reason I thik he's better suited as a LT is because he can't devastate defenders like the RT traditionally should be able to do. Watching him play, he looks like more of a techniciean than a mauler, which is best suited for LT IMO.

I too would be shocked if we don't use a first rounder on some sort of O-Linemen.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:27 AM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
I've seen Dunlap in TC, he could easily play LT. In fact I'd say he's better suited as an LT. He has arms like nothing I've ever seen. His arms might be as long as I am tall (5'8), haha. He has enough quickness to be a LT and with this extra year, I'm sure he can do it if he needed to come in for an injury. The reason I thik he's better suited as a LT is because he can't devastate defenders like the RT traditionally should be able to do. Watching him play, he looks like more of a techniciean than a mauler, which is best suited for LT IMO.

I too would be shocked if we don't use a first rounder on some sort of O-Linemen.
Dunlap is easily a LT and nothing else. I don't think he has the surge to be a right tackle. And I don't want any part of Loadholt.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:33 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Dunlap is easily a LT and nothing else. I don't think he has the surge to be a right tackle. And I don't want any part of Loadholt.
I think Loadholt, if we could get him in the second, would be a good pick for a RT, the probablem with that is I really only think we'd pick him in the second if OL isn't addressed in the first, which many of us agree is very unlikely.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Loadholt, if we could get him in the second, would be a good pick for a RT, the probablem with that is I really only think we'd pick him in the second if OL isn't addressed in the first, which many of us agree is very unlikely.
Meh. I think the only spot where the eagles would take an o-linemen in the 1st would be LT. Loadholt is primarily a RT. At right tackle there are more options, Andrews could easily move out, Herremans could move out to RT, and Justice isn't a complete bust at RT, yet. I'd take a guy who is a LT only, a guy like William Beatty, is my favorite.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is how I see it for next year.

LT - Herremans
LG - MJG/Cole/McGlynn
C - Jackson/Cole
RG - Andrews
RT - rookie (Britton/Loadholt)

There will definitely be some interesting battles going on in TC.