Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
This is how I see it for next year.

LT - Herremans
LG - MJG/Cole/McGlynn
C - Jackson/Cole
RG - Andrews
RT - rookie (Britton/Loadholt)

There will definitely be some interesting battles going on in TC.
MJG is too slow to play left guard. He's best suited at right guard. I wouldn't mind starting him there and sliding Andrews to tackle. And I'd love to see McGlynn prove the staff right and win the left guard spot and then Cole beats out Jackson at center.

Keep in mind though there is a slight chance a name like Jason Brown or Jordan Gross becomes an Eagle and an even more likely chance we draft at least 1 lineman on the first day.

Herremans-McGlynn-Cole-MJG-Andrews*

*subject to change
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know MJG isn't an ideal LG but I don't like Andrews at RT. Cole isn't an ideal LG either.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
I know MJG isn't an ideal LG but I don't like Andrews at RT. Cole isn't an ideal LG either.
Cole is a lot more ideal than MJG. He's got quicker feet to say the least. Andrews is the type that can play any position but since tackle is a more important position than guard I'd slide him out there, especially since MJG has proven he's a viable starter. But I can't emphasize enough we will have at least 1 new lineman next year regardless of position. Hopefully Jason Brown.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
Meh. I think the only spot where the eagles would take an o-linemen in the 1st would be LT. Loadholt is primarily a RT. At right tackle there are more options, Andrews could easily move out, Herremans could move out to RT, and Justice isn't a complete bust at RT, yet. I'd take a guy who is a LT only, a guy like William Beatty, is my favorite.
I feel the same way you do about the RT position. We already have enough guys who could play there. But I could see us taking a C or something with our second first rounder and sliding people out. It would look somehting like this...

LT: Herremans
LG: McGlynn
C: First round pick
RG: MJG
RT: Andrews

Granted thats not my ideal scenario, but with the verstility of our O-linemen, almost anything is possible there.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
MJG is too slow to play left guard. He's best suited at right guard. I wouldn't mind starting him there and sliding Andrews to tackle. And I'd love to see McGlynn prove the staff right and win the left guard spot and then Cole beats out Jackson at center.

Keep in mind though there is a slight chance a name like Jason Brown or Jordan Gross becomes an Eagle and an even more likely chance we draft at least 1 lineman on the first day.

Herremans-McGlynn-Cole-MJG-Andrews*

*subject to change
I agree that MJG is best suited as the RG, but he isn't too slow to be the LG. I've been saying this since he got here, but he is very quick for a guy his size. Even at the weight he is, he was able to get downfield and lead the way for a few of the screen plays. Cole did it as well, but MJG isn't to slow to play LG.

I would love to get either of those FAs. I may just pee my pants.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:18 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
This is how I see it for next year.

LT - Herremans
LG - MJG/Cole/McGlynn
C - Jackson/Cole
RG - Andrews
RT - rookie (Britton/Loadholt)

There will definitely be some interesting battles going on in TC.
I could see ti like that, but I could just as easily see it with Andrews at RT and MJG at RG. Or Herremans at RT and MJG or Cole or McGlynn at RT, and we use a first rounder on OT. I think Britton could be a LT for our offense. He doesn't have the athletecism of the other LT porspects, but we don't need super-athletic LTs in our offensive blocking scheme. Britton is more of a mauler and in the NFC East, we could really use a mauler type LT, like Tra is his prime.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:44 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I agree that MJG is best suited as the RG, but he isn't too slow to be the LG. I've been saying this since he got here, but he is very quick for a guy his size. Even at the weight he is, he was able to get downfield and lead the way for a few of the screen plays. Cole did it as well, but MJG isn't to slow to play LG.

I would love to get either of those FAs. I may just pee my pants.
Yea but Cole is much better suited to play left guard being that he has much quicker feet, plus MJG is the roadgrader type who'll fit in perfectly at right guard.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
I could see ti like that, but I could just as easily see it with Andrews at RT and MJG at RG. Or Herremans at RT and MJG or Cole or McGlynn at RT, and we use a first rounder on OT. I think Britton could be a LT for our offense. He doesn't have the athletecism of the other LT porspects, but we don't need super-athletic LTs in our offensive blocking scheme. Britton is more of a mauler and in the NFC East, we could really use a mauler type LT, like Tra is his prime.
Oh yuck I'd be so pissed if Herremans played right tackle. The guy has good size but has no surge at all. He's awful at run blocking. He's meant to play as far away from where the ball is going to be run as possible. I love his pass block skills though I think he'd be a cool franchise LT. A dropoff from what we saw with Tra no doubt but still extremely ideal. And when you said MJG, Cole,or McGlynn at RT I hope you made a type and meant RG?
Old 02-12-2009, 07:15 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yea but Cole is much better suited to play left guard being that he has much quicker feet, plus MJG is the roadgrader type who'll fit in perfectly at right guard.
i agree that MJg is the perfect RG, but what you aren't getting is that his feet are quick enough to play either Guard, and he is mobile enough as well. How many screens was MJG leading the way for until he broke his ankle? Answer, a ****load.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:22 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Oh yuck I'd be so pissed if Herremans played right tackle. The guy has good size but has no surge at all. He's awful at run blocking. He's meant to play as far away from where the ball is going to be run as possible. I love his pass block skills though I think he'd be a cool franchise LT. A dropoff from what we saw with Tra no doubt but still extremely ideal. And when you said MJG, Cole,or McGlynn at RT I hope you made a type and meant RG?
'Twas a typo, and it could be for RG, though as I've said LG could work as well.

Apparently you don't understand that not OL spots are the same if you think he will be the same type of player at RT (or LT) as he is at LG. First off, the opponents he is facing are different, the footwork is different, as is the mentality. Technique needs to be slightly adjusted, not to mention assginments on different plays. At RT he will be facing a DE more often than he was while playing LG, where he played mostly DTs. Most DEs in the league are smaller and weaker than the DT he's been on while at Guard. He will be able to get a better push at RT than he has at LG because oof the different people he is facing. Granted he won't become a mauler, and I agree that he is better suited at LT, but he could just as easily play RT.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
'Twas a typo, and it could be for RG, though as I've said LG could work as well.

Apparently you don't understand that not OL spots are the same if you think he will be the same type of player at RT (or LT) as he is at LG. First off, the opponents he is facing are different, the footwork is different, as is the mentality. Technique needs to be slightly adjusted, not to mention assginments on different plays. At RT he will be facing a DE more often than he was while playing LG, where he played mostly DTs. Most DEs in the league are smaller and weaker than the DT he's been on while at Guard. He will be able to get a better push at RT than he has at LG because oof the different people he is facing. Granted he won't become a mauler, and I agree that he is better suited at LT, but he could just as easily play RT.
He still wouldn't be very good at RT. His overall runblocking technique is his problem. And I don't think him trying to run block guys like Justin Tuck is going to be pretty. And he doesn't have the surge to play the right side. He's a LT. I think he should be good there, which is why I'm kind of impartial to drafting a left tackle, but rather an interior guy.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:22 AM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
i agree that MJg is the perfect RG, but what you aren't getting is that his feet are quick enough to play either Guard, and he is mobile enough as well. How many screens was MJG leading the way for until he broke his ankle? Answer, a ****load.
His mobility isn't really a question, but rather the quickness of his feet off the ball. A left guard needs to be a little more nimble, hence why I'd like to see Cole there and MJG on the right.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
His mobility isn't really a question, but rather the quickness of his feet off the ball. A left guard needs to be a little more nimble, hence why I'd like to see Cole there and MJG on the right.
His feet are just fine, unless your comparing him to a top LT, but his feet are plenty quick enough to play LG, Coles feet aren't that much quicker than his. In our blocking system, there isn't too much of a difference in assignments between guards, or tackles for that matter. Personnell affects it yes, but assignments are the same. It is a simple system where you basically take care of the guy in front of you. Depending on the defense's alignment, you will chip and go out to the backer, but all the linemen do it, at least on occasion. What one guard is asked to do, so is the other, same goes with the tackles. Now the competition the separate linemen go up agianst, combined with their different skill sets, make them into the positions they are, but the bsic idea of the blocking schemes are the same...

Old 02-13-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Not really sure where else to put this, but with doing the research for Jason Brown in the Mock Off-season, I fell in love...

I already knew Brown was a monster for the Ravens, but digging deeper into his past I found things that I just love about him. He is smart, super athletic, and very, very strong. Not to mention his versatility. He can play any interior O-line position because of his skill set. Not only has he played Center for the Ravens, but started at LG and was even recruited as a RT for North Carolina. He is balanced, but not in the normal sense. He is elite in both categories, running and passing, and is really, really quick, and would be able to devastate as a blocker downfield on screens. With his versatility our OL can do numerous things in the coming seasons if he were to sign here. He can play LG due to his athletecism and great technique, but play RG because he is a mauler and straight up monster road grater. We already know he is a beast as a Center. And then I found out how much work he does for charities and funds and all things of the like. Since he has been in the NFL in 2005, he has been involved in around 50 charities or funds or benefits. That rivals what Dawk does and would garner immediate respect fropm the rest of the team. He is a leader as well, having experience there as well. Oh the possibilities...
This fits nearly as well here as it does in the team section. I only put it there because this seems more like a thread for guys that are laready on the team.