Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Byron Leftwich?

Where does he end up?

I'm curious about this because I see everyone fawning over Cassell and I'm wondering if he could end up on a team with playoff aspirations missing a QB.

Probably need a solid OL and a decent run game.

Minnesota? Detroit? KC?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably Minnesota...

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think he'd do quite well in Minnesota.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He needs time to be anywhere near half decent so he should talk to Minny, he's a solid starter in the NFL IMHO but if you start getting pressure on him with that slow ass wind-up it's tee up time...But he looked good in spot duty for Pitt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
He needs time to be anywhere near half decent so he should talk to Minny, he's a solid starter in the NFL IMHO but if you start getting pressure on him with that slow ass wind-up it's tee up time...But he looked good in spot duty for Pitt.
He's got awesome power/accuracy, but.. I wish I could see him put a little touch.

I just don't know if he's the primary FA QB or where he'd fit.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets seem like a good option. Chicago was also a rumor for a while.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

Ummm, he's a backup for life now. He will never ever be looked at to lead a franchise ever again. Sorry to the Leftwich and Marshall fans out there, but he had his chance with a pretty decent team and he threw it away by never getting in shape, by never putting in the time and effort it takes to be a great QB. He's a backup lifer.
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioPalmer View Post
Ummm, he's a backup for life now. He will never ever be looked at to lead a franchise ever again. Sorry to the Leftwich and Marshall fans out there, but he had his chance with a pretty decent team and he threw it away by never getting in shape, by never putting in the time and effort it takes to be a great QB. He's a backup lifer.
Meh...sure nobody is going to just hand him a job going into training camp. But I expect him to get a few offers to compete with a young guy in camp. Everyone knows who washed up Daunte Culpepper has been for the last few seasons and he started five games for Detroit this year. He could very well choose to come back to Pittsburgh, though. It's a good situation for him.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:02 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings...

Great offensive line, great running game and they have the speed at wide receiver so Leftwich can throw those bombs. The Vikings should definitely give him a look this off-season.
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't know... Seeing the FA pool of QB's he's got to be one of the best options.

Kurt Warner, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
Matt Cassel, UFA, New England Patriots
Kerry Collins, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Jeff Garcia, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Rex Grossman, UFA, Chicago Bears
Kyle Boller, UFA, Baltimore Ravens
Charlie Batch, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
David Carr, UFA, N.Y. Giants Ryan Fitzpatrick, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals
Byron Leftwich, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
J.P. Losman, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Luke McCown, UFA, Tampa Bay Bucs
Dan Orlovsky, UFA, Detroit
J.T. O'Sullivan San Francisco 49ers
Patrick Ramsey, UFA, Denver Broncos

Thats your QB Free Agency group.

Batch will likely be back in Pittsburgh.

Cassell will be the Hot guy..

Leftwich, Losman and Garcia are the next tier.

With only 2 "Top" QB's coming out in Stafford/Sanchez.. I can definitely see Leftwich being given a shot in some camp to start.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:06 AM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

No the Vikings are better off taking Josh Freeman with their 1rst round pick and developing him while Gus Ferotte gets killed for a few games. You guys need a long term answer, not a washed up bust. You guys have a unbelievable group of young talented building blocks, don't throw that away relying on Leftwich.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
Vikings...

Great offensive line, great running game and they have the speed at wide receiver so Leftwich can throw those bombs. The Vikings should definitely give him a look this off-season.
I agree. At this point he's better than any other option they have right now. He was an adequate starter in Jacksonville just barely above the level of game manager. He'd be a pretty good fit in Minnesota I think with an entire offseason of training to get used to the scheme and personnel. Might as well give it a shot.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:08 AM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I don't know... Seeing the FA pool of QB's he's got to be one of the best options.

Kurt Warner, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
Matt Cassel, UFA, New England Patriots
Kerry Collins, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Jeff Garcia, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Rex Grossman, UFA, Chicago Bears
Kyle Boller, UFA, Baltimore Ravens
Charlie Batch, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
David Carr, UFA, N.Y. Giants Ryan Fitzpatrick, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals
Byron Leftwich, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
J.P. Losman, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Luke McCown, UFA, Tampa Bay Bucs
Dan Orlovsky, UFA, Detroit
J.T. O'Sullivan San Francisco 49ers
Patrick Ramsey, UFA, Denver Broncos

Thats your QB Free Agency group.

Batch will likely be back in Pittsburgh.

Cassell will be the Hot guy..

Leftwich, Losman and Garcia are the next tier.

With only 2 "Top" QB's coming out in Stafford/Sanchez.. I can definitely see Leftwich being given a shot in some camp to start.
Cassell got franchised, didn't he. So he's out of the mix. I thin these teams need to stay away from FA QB's. So very few times do they actually pane out and make significant impacts and take control of their franchise. The teams desperate for a QB need to draft one of the big 2 this year or take a chance on Josh Freeman or Nate Davis. They are better opotions then Leftwich.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:21 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldn't be shocked if he's brought in to compete in Tennessee with Simms and Collins both free agents. They brought him for a workout around the same time they signed Simms to "update their records" and apparently he did alright.

I understand why he wasn't extended in Jacksonville as he just wasn't living up to his draft placement but I'm surprised he hasn't been given that much of a shot elsewhere since. It's not like he was horrible, just nothing special.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:53 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

St. Louis...compete with Bulger.

I think he's strive in our newer offense...You have Jackson, McMichael and he could get it down deep to Avery, and Burton, and quick 5 - 10yd strikes with Holt.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:01 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I would be fine with Leftwich. The only thing that really concerns me is his mobility and his time to throw the ball. I know both have been questioned in the past. Right now If i had to pick a QB from the FA it would be Garcia. He knows the system and has helped out teams that he went too. Also from living near the Buffalo area and being the the non buffalo bills fan in my family I do not want JP Losman for many reasons.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
St. Louis...compete with Bulger.

I think he's strive in our newer offense...You have Jackson, McMichael and he could get it down deep to Avery, and Burton, and quick 5 - 10yd strikes with Holt.
With the windup and less mobility than Bulger, he'd get killed behind that St.Louis offensive line.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will echo everyone on here and say Minnesota would be the best place for him.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:10 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minny is basically the best place for any QB if we're only talking about team's that have a high need for QB.

Great Offensive Line - check
A top tier RB - check
Above average to good receivers - check

I'm not disagreeing with anyone, because it is the best place for Leftwhich. But that's not really saying much.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:10 AM    (permalink
Rayray52
Veteran

Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.

Also the QB competition in Minnesota is piss poor at the moment
Rayray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:49 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
No the Vikings are better off taking Josh Freeman with their 1rst round pick and developing him while Gus Ferotte gets killed for a few games. You guys need a long term answer, not a washed up bust. You guys have a unbelievable group of young talented building blocks, don't throw that away relying on Leftwich.
You don't think the Vikings would be better off taking Byron Leftwich to be the guy now while they train a guy?

Leftwich was drafted in what.. 2003? I'd hardly say he's washed up.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:51 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Cassell got franchised, didn't he. So he's out of the mix. I thin these teams need to stay away from FA QB's. So very few times do they actually pane out and make significant impacts and take control of their franchise. The teams desperate for a QB need to draft one of the big 2 this year or take a chance on Josh Freeman or Nate Davis. They are better opotions then Leftwich.
Drafting a QB is not a better option for teams built to "Win now" especially with Josh Freeman who needs atleast a year under a vet's tutelage and Nate Davis who also should've left his senior year.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:33 AM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he could wind up with the Jets too if Favre retires. Sign Leftwich and maybe draft a QB in the mid rounds. Start Leftwich, and let Clemens, Ratliff, and the rookie compete to be the #2/QB of the future.

I think next season, the Vikings will have one of either Leftwich, Derek Anderson, or Sanchez as their starter.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:39 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I shun you for saying that Minnesota takes Josh Freeman rather than picking up a FA QB. *Slaps in face* Minnesota already has a toolsy QB and the Vikings need to get a qaurterback and make a run at the super bowl now!

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:16 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JP Losman will end up in Minnesota and be EPIC. :D
Leftwhich will end up in NY as a Jet.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote