Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:08 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default I don't get something about cutting T.O.

from rotoworld:

Quote:
Cowboys VP Stephen Jones refused to comment when asked if it's true Dallas is considering cutting Terrell Owens.
The owner's son is said to be spearheading the movement to release T.O., and Jones' refusal to shoot down the rumor indicates it's true. As usual, the Dallas locker room is divided on what the team should do with Owens. Feb. 8 - 9:36 pm et
I understand where they are coming from and why they may want to move on without him.

But why release the guy? You can't get ANYTHING back in a trade? Essentially it does the same thing to your cap room (right?) + you get rid of him + you get a draft pick to show for it.

I don't get it. Why for some players it's cut them or nothing? You're telling me no team would give up a 3rd or 4th round pick for Owens?

I mean the fact that they let this stuff leak to the media doesn't help in terms of negotiations if they were to pursue a trade... I just don't get it.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:34 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would trade for a 35 year old guy with diminishing ball skills that has proven to be a locker room cancer? If you can't make it in Dallas as a star then where can you make it?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:40 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's unlikely that anybody wants to pick up the rest of Owen's contract. He's past his prime and likely only going to be less effective with each coming season. At his age many player's effectiveness can go downhill real fast.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:33 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I seriously doubt anyone would give up anything for him.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:00 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TO has trade value, it's just very low. You've got to remember Moss was only worth a 4th round pick at the age of 30 -- Now what do you think T.O. is worth at the age of 35? lol.

Edit: I should clarify: I know Moss was worth more than a 4th, and the raiders got swindled. But you understand what I am saying :P
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:01 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
from rotoworld:

I understand where they are coming from and why they may want to move on without him.

But why release the guy? You can't get ANYTHING back in a trade? Essentially it does the same thing to your cap room (right?) + you get rid of him + you get a draft pick to show for it.

I don't get it. Why for some players it's cut them or nothing? You're telling me no team would give up a 3rd or 4th round pick for Owens?

I mean the fact that they let this stuff leak to the media doesn't help in terms of negotiations if they were to pursue a trade... I just don't get it.
This is something the Eagles tried when he left them. Its a little different situation, but teams will not trade for a guy when they could just sign him, and not give up the picks.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:20 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The popular thing to say is..."addition by subtraction"...there are a lot of people out there that think some relationships are beyond repair and you just cant win a championship with T.O.

Having T.O. and Roy together looks great on paper but, in reality it may not be all it was cracked up to be. Too many stars, too many bad attitudes, it doesnt bode well and now what do we have? A split locker room and a divided group of figure heads who run the team behind the scenes. JJ may have screwed this team and some think, the cutting of T.O. would be a step in the right direction at righting this sinking ship known as the Dallas Cowboys.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-09-2009 at 08:25 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:26 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can you imagine the drama if it came out that Owens was on the trade block? ESPN would jizz in their pants over that.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem in Dallas is not TO. It's just too easy to place the blame on him is all and the media feeds it into everyone's brains.

If Dallas just executed better, they'd have had a better season. ...eh, playcalling sucked too.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002

Would you rather remove a tumor immediately or let it grow?
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if the skins sign him then! Make it 3/4 NFC East teams then! lol. That would be kind of funny though.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody would give up anything for TO, maybe if he was still on his last year of his deal but not with that new contract.

I certainly don't put the blame on him but we have showed how important team chemistry is and it's just not going to happen with TO here, he will be holding interviews about getting the ball if he doesn't get a million targets a game, just gets old for a QB and offensive coordinator...Too many egos, I just don't see it working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wanna know where the chemistry is really messed up? Th OL. One very weak link at LG and it affected everything.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:34 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Wanna know where the chemistry is really messed up? Th OL. One very weak link at LG and it affected everything.
That and the fact that the QB doesn't want to do what the coach says, the team was divided as to who should be the backup QB, a receiver thinking his QB and tight end are plotting against him.
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The chemistry on the entrie team was messed up, whether it was T.O.'s fault or not.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
The chemistry on the entrie team was messed up, whether it was T.O.'s fault or not.
And that is why I celebrated the day they hired wade to replace the tuna.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garrett was a worse hire than Wade.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-09-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm getting the feeling from some of the Cowboys fans on here that they aren't expecting much next season from the Cowboys, or at least if they do accomplish something, it will be despite a lot fo these factors...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

A lot of us expect much of the same...primary reason I think we'll see the same problems is because, Garrett is still around. He doesnt have a clue and much of the offensive unit has no faith in him as playcaller. Hard to go a day without some one new on the team calling Garrett out this off-season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-09-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TO would net nothing in a trade. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he never played again, I can only see the most desparate of desparate teams offering him at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
A lot of us expect much of the same...primary reason I think we'll see the same problems is because, Garrett is still around. He doesnt have a clue and much of the offensive unit has no faith in him as playcaller. Hard to go a day without some one new on the team calling Garrett out this off-season.
What's the beef with JG? Why don't you like him?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets see the Jets go after him. Rex Ryan will put him in place. haha

seriously kidding, I don't want him on the Jets. I would wish him to go to the Pats but Belichek will figure out a way to turn him good. bastard
Old 02-09-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
He's a horrible play caller that builds no kind of rhythm or balance.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
He doesnt know how to ultize the weapons he has and he has over simplified his offense so much that opposing teams are calling out our plays as soon as we get out of the huddle. Ray Lewis, Dick Lebeau, Deshea Townsend among others. Have all had comments about knowing what play Garrett was going to call next, how we have the most predictable offense in the league, the most redundant playcalling....etc. Garrett's playbook is shallow and his playcalling is stale. He doesnt know anything about playcalling. He doesnt know how to establish rhythm, with a rhythm Qb no less and when we do find something, he always finds a way to mess that up.

He was handed the job and was not ready for it...he had great success for about 12 or so games in his first year here but, as soon as teams caught on to what he was doing, it has been a constant battle to maintain a consistantly good offense with him in charge. He is a major problem and I'd go as far as saying, the biggest problem this team has right now. Most of us were praying someone would be stupid enough to take him off of our hands...then this whole Reeves thing came up and gave us a little hope. Considering Reeves would have been mentoring Garrett and reportedly would have had a major role in coaching the offense....but, JJ went and messed that up...so, now we're stuck with the uselss Garrett trying to figure things out on his own, all over again. blah.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-09-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
He's a horrible play caller that builds no kind of rhythm or balance.
...and if you ask Ray Lewis... His offense is one of the most simplistic in the entire league. Garrett is such a bad OC... and would be worse as a HC, because he'd still want to call the offense.

The reason why we almost hired Dan Reeves was to mainly consult Garrett on how to be a better OC.