Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002
Default Why I say no to Boldin

Yes I know a big time receiver would be nice. It's an extremely nice luxery as we've seen with Arizona and the 2004 team.

But Anquan Boldin to me is TO 2.0

He argues with his offensive cooridinator and speaks of himself being traded and 'his' relationship to other players and coaches. He obviously puts himself above the team. And we want to trade a first round pick for him? Obviously nothing extremely drastic has come from the Arizona camp about him, but keep in mind not much came up about TO prior to his last few months in San Francisco. The guy is a ticking timebomb

So yes my Eagle bretheren. I hope you can think with your head and not your **** on this one. Obviously a big time receiver is nice but as TO taught us, be careful what you wish for.
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Jesus Christ do you people not value teamwork?

How many arrogant me first receivers do you have to get burned to realize cancer spreads and kills a team?
Old 02-11-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Yes I know a big time receiver would be nice. It's an extremely nice luxery as we've seen with Arizona and the 2004 team.

But Anquan Boldin to me is TO 2.0

He argues with his offensive cooridinator and speaks of himself being traded and 'his' relationship to other players and coaches. He obviously puts himself above the team. And we want to trade a first round pick for him? Obviously nothing extremely drastic has come from the Arizona camp about him, but keep in mind not much came up about TO prior to his last few months in San Francisco. The guy is a ticking timebomb

So yes my Eagle bretheren. I hope you can think with your head and not your **** on this one. Obviously a big time receiver is nice but as TO taught us, be careful what you wish for.
I can only reiterate this again, does anyone want to give me a viable reason as to why we should trade for Q?
Old 02-11-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Come on guys I deal with enough of this type of **** in other forums. WHY SHOULD WE TRADE FOR BOLDIN?
Old 02-11-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy posted a legit thread, no matter what you think. Post the pokemon pictures in the RDT. No more in here.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do not necesarilly think the Eagles should trade for him but I do not think Boldin will be like T.O. I think Boldin would help the eagles by giving them a WR threat and give Westbrook more open looks.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
iBoldin
Veteran

iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can only reiterate this again, does anyone want to give me a viable reason as to why we should trade for Q?
1. The man came back from a broken face. He is a warrior in all facets of the name.

2. At week 12, Boldin led all players in the NFL in touchdowns, even though he had missed two of those games.

3. He's really just had one falling out. How does that make him a locker room cancer. The NFL is a business, and he is trying to get himself the money that he thinks is fair. There were NO problems with him before the season.
iBoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
The guy posted a legit thread, no matter what you think. Post the pokemon pictures in the RDT. No more in here.
Dude, you killed Charizard. That makes me a sad panda.

Boldin is awesomeness. On an old team like the Eagles, he can contribute more right away in the closing window of opportunity that the Eagles have than say, Darrius Heyward-Bey or Kenny Britt. Put it this way. Anquan Boldin doesn't drop that 4th and 6 or whatever it was that Curtis dropped. He's been through a lot of **** in Arizona and he wants out. It'd be stupid not to make a move for him. Boldin is the guy that can catch the five yard slant and turn it into a 20+ yard play. Boldin is the guy you go to for a big play. Boldin is the guy that can open things up for Jackson, Curtis, <33333333333333 Avant etc...Boldin's run-blocking would open things up for the running game. You ***** about T.O, but honestly, you know damn well they should have paid him. They could have paid him $9 million and been fine with it. Instead, they pay Curtis, a mediocre receiver, 67% of his money and don't get half the threat for that 67%. Give Q a new deal and he shuts up. Give Q a new deal and he smashes fools into next week.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man my post got deleted. I'll just repeat... Twista's stupidity extends beyond baseball apparently.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoldin View Post
1. The man came back from a broken face. He is a warrior in all facets of the name.

2. At week 12, Boldin led all players in the NFL in touchdowns, even though he had missed two of those games.

3. He's really just had one falling out. How does that make him a locker room cancer. The NFL is a business, and he is trying to get himself the money that he thinks is fair. There were NO problems with him before the season.
TO came back from a broken leg he shouldn't have been playing on and had a great game. He's obviously a physical warrior, doesn't make him a good teammate.

TO has put up great stats too and though I'm not sure has likely led the NFL in some major categories.

TO's infractions were minor prior to his last few months in SanFran then things exploded. Extremely similar to the Boldin situation, with him saying things can't be repaired and he likely won't be a Cardinal. Aside from that, it tells me he puts himself ahead of the team. He's selfish. Don't want him.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You also think Chris Wells sucks, so your opinion means ****.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

this guy calls himself an Eagles fan?

wow....kill me now.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
You also think Chris Wells sucks, so your opinion means ****.
Are you kidding? The guy couldn't catch water if he fell out of a boat, and couldn't block to save his life. Not to mention he runs like he's scared to get hit.

Is there a trade or prospect any of you guys don't like?
Old 02-11-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
this guy calls himself an Eagles fan?

wow....kill me now.
Sigh, you're the one that should question your fanhood, being that you obviously want TO 2.0
Old 02-11-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Are you kidding? The guy couldn't catch water if he fell out of a boat, and couldn't block to save his life. Not to mention he runs like he's scared to get hit.

yes there is and we have made that clear.

Why the hell wouldnt someone like Wells or Boldin help our team? Are you frickin kiddin me. you are on crack.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Sigh, you're the one that should question your fanhood, being that you obviously want TO 2.0
i cant wait until i can neg rep you again.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm just giddy at the opportunity.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I got you because I hate that he is calling boldin TO 2.0 and I totally disagree
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Actually, we don't know if he can/can't catch the ball. Ohio State's offense is not geared towards passing to the RB. So we'll have to wait for the Combine to see how well Wells can catch. As for blocking, you're wrong again. He's no Mike Hart at it, but he's above-average for a college RB.

Quote:
Axe me 'bout Derrick Williams, yo.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Actually, we don't know if he can/can't catch the ball. Ohio State's offense is not geared towards passing to the RB. So we'll have to wait for the Combine to see how well Wells can catch. As for blocking, you're wrong again. He's no Mike Hart at it, but he's above-average for a college RB.

im waiting for him to tell us hes in love with Williams.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
im waiting for him to tell us hes in love with Williams.
I'll find a way to get him banned for it. ;)
Old 02-11-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'll find a way to get him banned for it. ;)
ill help....nothing would make me happier.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:

To play in our offense, a back must need hands. I don't think Reid would use a first round pick on someone who has an ambigous set of hands, unless he's AP or something. And Wells is nowhere near that. He has no redeeming qualities as a back. He has nice size and played for a prestigous school, therefore people get a chubby over him. And he still runs like a *****. Not NFL material. Sorry.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Haralson98
Rookie

Haralson98 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Anquan Boldin would be a nice addition to the Eagles. I don't believe he's a cancer at all, he just wants the money that he deserves. Until this year he's been playing for a disfunctional frachise that has been the doormat of the NFL for years and he's never b****** about a thing. He just goes out there every Sunday and performs and puts up numbers just as good as Fitzgerald does.

He had one meltdown with his coordinator and now this guy is a cancer, miss me with that. They've been talking contract negotiations for the last two seasons now and there hasn't been any progress in getting him a new deal. Arizona needs to trade that man or pay him the money that he deserves, I can see why he feels that he's getting disrespected.
Haralson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haralson98 View Post
I think Anquan Boldin would be a nice addition to the Eagles. I don't believe he's a cancer at all, he just wants the money that he deserves. Until this year he's been playing for a disfunctional frachise that has been the doormat of the NFL for years and he's never b****** about a thing. He just goes out there every Sunday and performs and puts up numbers just as good as Fitzgerald does.

He had one meltdown with his coordinator and now this guy is a cancer, miss me with that. They've been talking contract negotiations for the last two seasons now and there hasn't been any progress in getting him a new deal. Arizona needs to trade that man or pay him the money that he deserves, I can see why he feels that he's getting disrespected.
Yep and he said him and his coaches' relationship can't be repaired and he won't be with the team again. To me that sounds like someone who puts themselves ahead of the team.