Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
To play in our offense, a back must need hands. I don't think Reid would use a first round pick on someone who has an ambigous set of hands, unless he's AP or something. And Wells is nowhere near that. He has no redeeming qualities as a back. He has nice size and played for a prestigous school, therefore people get a chubby over him. And he still runs like a *****. Not NFL material. Sorry.
Wells runs very well for a 240 pounder. I'll bet he times in the high 4.4s, low 4.5s. Wells seems like he relishes contact and will stiffarm any fool out of the way. That "prestigious school" you refer to happens to be a piece of donkey **** that can rot in hell. If you think I like Wells because he played for Ohio State, you need to learn more about me. Wells finished tied for 4th in the nation for runs of 20+ yards despite playing 2-3 less games than everyone. He's a beast.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yep and he said him and his coaches' relationship can't be repaired and he won't be with the team again. To me that sounds like someone who puts themselves ahead of the team.
Because you were there all year and know everything that goes on behind the scenes, right?
Old 02-11-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Because you were there all year and know everything that goes on behind the scenes, right?
Where there's smoke there's fire. Every interview I hear with the guy it's all about him, very similar to TO.
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Where there's smoke there's fire. Every interview I hear with the guy it's all about him, very similar to TO.
and after every post of yours i read i want to cut my wrists...
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Of course right now every time you hear him he is talking about himself. He is trying to get traded or get a new contract. He is going to talk about how he deserves it and how he is unhappy.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Of course right now every time you hear him he is talking about himself. He is trying to get traded or get a new contract. He is going to talk about how he deserves it and how he is unhappy.
Stop twisting twista's words on him! Gosh!
Old 02-11-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Wells runs very well for a 240 pounder. I'll bet he times in the high 4.4s, low 4.5s. Wells seems like he relishes contact and will stiffarm any fool out of the way. That "prestigious school" you refer to happens to be a piece of donkey **** that can rot in hell. If you think I like Wells because he played for Ohio State, you need to learn more about me. Wells finished tied for 4th in the nation for runs of 20+ yards despite playing 2-3 less games than everyone. He's a beast.
I'm sure he has decent footspeed. I don't question that or his physical skills. My biggest concern is him and his toughness. He shies away from contact and was a huge benficiary of playing in a run-first offense. And I wasn't implying you were an Ohio State fan, I was saying the masses usually hold its football program in high regard because of its track record producing NFL players, it wasn't an indictment of your views.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
He shies away from contact
Um, que?

Quote:
and was a huge benficiary of playing in a run-first offense.
How is that a benefit when you have a crappy OL and a freshman QB? The defense is constantly putting 8 in the box. That doesn't help things.

Such a ridiculous run.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Um, que?

How is that a benefit when you have a crappy OL and a freshman QB? The defense is constantly putting 8 in the box. That doesn't help things.

Such a ridiculous run.
Yea but he still was given the ball an excessive amount of times. And the supporting cast around him wasn't that bad. Whether he's truly good or not is another debate, but teams still game planned with Pryor in mind. Robiskie, and the other receivers weren't bad.

As for that run, that isn't bad. But I honestly don't think it was a run a guy like Moreno or McCoy couldn't make, plus they can catch and run harder.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Yea but he still was given the ball an excessive amount of times. And the supporting cast around him wasn't that bad. Whether he's truly good or not is another debate, but teams still game planned with Pryor in mind. Robiskie, and the other receivers weren't bad.

As for that run, that isn't bad. But I honestly don't think it was a run a guy like Moreno or McCoy couldn't make, plus they can catch and run harder.

once again, you talk like you know that wells cant catch.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
No he wasn't. 20.7 carries per game this year, 21.1 carries per game last year. Robiskie is good, but again, the passing game regressed A LOT from last season. The rest of the WRs didn't do anything.

Quote:
You have no evidence that Wells can't catch. The highest amount of catches any RB has had since 2004 for Ohio State is 17. That's peanuts. It's not a WCO offense.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
i cant wait until i can neg rep you again.
Got him for you. This guy is a complete tool bag.

As far as Boldin goes, I think he would be great for the Eagles. This TO 2.0 crap is the standard reactionary ESPN bull crap that makes me want to puke. The dude is a number one receiver. The Cardinals have two number one receivers and don't have the money to pay they both. It's a crappy situation. From what I've read, Boldin doesn't have any problem with the team and has been a model team mate. He's frustrated, I'll give you that, but he's NOT Owens. Hell, he made a responsible decision getting himself AWAY from reporters. That's not TO. Never ripped into a quarterback, and he's been supportive of both Leinart and Warner.

So basically; you're being a reactionary toolbag.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
No he wasn't. 20.7 carries per game this year, 21.1 carries per game last year. Robiskie is good, but again, the passing game regressed A LOT from last season. The rest of the WRs didn't do anything.

You have no evidence that Wells can't catch. The highest amount of catches any RB has had since 2004 for Ohio State is 17. That's peanuts. It's not a WCO offense.
Who's to say all of the sudden he will catch. There is no point in drafting an ambigious set of hands, especially when there's at least two better backs, Moreno and McCoy, available.

So, let's say he can catch. We still have a soft-running injury prone Tony Hunt clone.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So, let's say he can catch. We still have a soft-running injury prone Tony Hunt clone.
...except he runs the 40 about two tenths of a second faster than Hunt and plays about a second faster on the field...Nice one.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-11-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Dude got into a heated verbal spat with Todd Haley, who's regarded as a player's coach. And then he had the audacity to say he won't be with the team again.

How do you think he's going to react if a stubborn know it all incompassionate tool like Reid calls a few plays he doesn't agree with?
Old 02-11-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Who's to say all of the sudden he will catch. There is no point in drafting an ambigious set of hands, especially when there's at least two better backs, Moreno and McCoy, available.

How can you say "all of a sudden he will catch" we dont know if can!
Old 02-11-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
...except he runs the 40 about two tenths of a second faster than Hunt and plays about a second faster on the field...Nice one.
Wells has a faster 40, but Hunt ran harder on the field. Hunt's problem was he didn't get enough carries. Wells' problem is that he runs like a *****.
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Dude got into a heated verbal spat with Todd Haley, who's regarded as a player's coach. And then he had the audacity to say he won't be with the team again.

How do you think he's going to react if a stubborn know it all incompassionate tool like Reid calls a few plays he doesn't agree with?
We pass 70% of the time....why wouldnt Boldin like that?
Sniper
Legend

Quote:

Except for the whole problem where Chris Wells isn't soft, and to compare him to Tony Hunt is absurd. Chris Wells missed less time in college than Adrian Peterson. He runs hard, he'll stiff-arm the blue hell out of you and he can take it to the house.

Ask Chevis Jackson how hard Wells runs. Tony Hunt could never pull off those types of runs in that video even if he were playing Madden. To compare Wells to Hunt is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

Come on, would a Michigan fan be pimping an Ohio State player so much if he weren't really, really good?
Old 02-11-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
How can you say "all of a sudden he will catch" we dont know if can!
Damn you ******* people, when I say, "Let's say" it implies hypothetical.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Boldin called Haley a *****. You know what? He was right. The Eagles couldn't stop the pass and the Cardinals tried to sit on their lead. Boldin was right. And please, I love Steve Breaston, but he can't sniff Boldin's jock. Q should have been in that package.

Quote:
We ******* pass a bazillion times per game, and they're all short passes with YAC potential. Boldin would be a kid in a candy store.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Damn you ******* people, when I say, "Let's say" it implies hypothetical.
ladies and gentlemen im talking to 5 year old little girl who isnt getting her way.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Wells has a faster 40, but Hunt ran harder on the field. Hunt's problem was he didn't get enough carries. Wells' problem is that he runs like a *****.
You're an idiot. I don't give a **** if I get infracted for it. If you really think Tony Hunt ran 1/10000th as hard as Chris Wells, you're ******* high.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
You give Wells the same amount of carries as you give Hunt and you'll see the results pretty plainly. Problem is you can't. Any NFL coach in their right mind would start giving Wells more carries right away and it wouldn't be a mistake either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-11-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Haralson98
Rookie

Haralson98 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Yep and he said him and his coaches' relationship can't be repaired and he won't be with the team again. To me that sounds like someone who puts themselves ahead of the team.
Bottom line, It's very tough to keep 2 #1's on your team. Boldin has made multiple Pro-bowls and he's not even paid like a top 10 WR in the league. Players like Lee Evans and Bernard Berrian are making more money than Boldin and they haven't even sniffed the pro-bowl. Boldin needs a change of scenery and a chance to prove he's a #1 wideout in this league.
Haralson98 is offline   Reply With Quote