Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
Im embarrassed youre an eagles fan.
Okay yea you're a Dodger/USC fan. You've probably never even stepped foot in the city. Shouldn't you be rooting for the Raiders or Chargers?
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
If you're wrong, you're wrong. You're dealing with a super-competitive and emotional guy. He's going to tell you what's up.
So let's show him up in front of everyone? I don't know where you work, but you should try that. It'll go over really well.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Okay yea you're a Dodger/USC fan. You've probably never even stepped foot in the city. Shouldn't you be rooting for the Raiders or Chargers?
oh ok, so because im a fan of some L.A. teams because i was born in L.A. doesnt mean i cant decide who my favorite NFL team is? I actually have been to Philly and have been an Eagles fan for as long as i can remember.

i also know what would help the team....
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So then what's the purpose of having coaches? Let's let the inmates run the asylum.
That almost made sense. Now, pretend for a second you don't like the Eagles and were completely neutral for the NFCCG. You see Boldin's being taken out for Breaston and you don't see Q's reaction. Do you not say, "what the ****? Why are they taking out one of the top 10 WRs in the league? Especially a top 3 blocking WR?" Of course you do. Just because someone's a coach doesn't mean they're always right. I've argued with coaches before. Does that make me a terrible person? I've been right at times, I've been wrong at times. My team must have been oh so divided.

Why do Eagles fans complain all the time about Andy Reid's offensive philosophy? He's the coach. He must be right.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So let's show him up in front of everyone? I don't know where you work, but you should try that. It'll go over really well.
Which is completely the same thing. I work in a restaurant right now to pay for college. If I have a bone to pick with my boss, and Lord knows I do, I do it in his office. Where do you want Q to get his point across? Behind the Gatorade cooler? Should they run into the locker room while the defense is on the field? Should they have the OL make a big circle around them so they can talk to each other without anyone noticing?
Old 02-11-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
oh ok, so because im a fan of some L.A. teams because i was born in L.A. doesnt mean i cant decide who my favorite NFL team is? I actually have been to Philly and have been an Eagles fan for as long as i can remember.

i also know what would help the team....
Well, you obviously have never played organized sports because a selfish brat like Boldin wouldn't help the team.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
That almost made sense. Now, pretend for a second you don't like the Eagles and were completely neutral for the NFCCG. You see Boldin's being taken out for Breaston and you don't see Q's reaction. Do you not say, "what the ****? Why are they taking out one of the top 10 WRs in the league? Especially a top 3 blocking WR?" Of course you do. Just because someone's a coach doesn't mean they're always right. I've argued with coaches before. Does that make me a terrible person? I've been right at times, I've been wrong at times. My team must have been oh so divided.

Why do Eagles fans complain all the time about Andy Reid's offensive philosophy? He's the coach. He must be right.
Because Andy Reid isn't my boss. I buy Eagles merchandise and tickets. I partially pay his salary. I'm a paying customer therefore as fans we should have say.
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, you obviously have never played organized sports because a selfish brat like Boldin wouldn't help the team.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Zyro might get drafted for baseball. Defiantly read he throws 92 MPH and struck out Travis Snider a couple years ago. So yeah...

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
I find it adorable how your only response is, "well you clearly don't play sports/never been to a city/don't watch Team X if you don't agree with my viewpoints". Yes, he probably has played sports. No, he doesn't have to agree with you.

Zyro, aren't you a fairly accomplished baseball player?
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
ive never played an organized sport? WOW, are you joking me right now. I have been playing sports for as long as i can remember and i know for a fact that the first time a coach does something that is hurting the team im going to be the first one to say something, if im playing well and he takes me out....thats hurting the team. That is what Boldin did.

Ive never played organized sports....wow.
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Which is completely the same thing. I work in a restaurant right now to pay for college. If I have a bone to pick with my boss, and Lord knows I do, I do it in his office. Where do you want Q to get his point across? Behind the Gatorade cooler? Should they run into the locker room while the defense is on the field? Should they have the OL make a big circle around them so they can talk to each other without anyone noticing?
Handle it in a mature way, not throw a tantrum. I'm sure that's how most players, good or bad, would've handled the situation.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Because Andy Reid isn't my boss. I buy Eagles merchandise and tickets. I partially pay his salary. I'm a paying customer therefore as fans we should have say.
So? He's still the coach. He obviously knows everything. Andy Reid is Brian Westbrook's and Correll Buckhalter's boss (in a way). Do you think they agree with his strategy to throw 9,814 times per game?
Old 02-11-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
ive never played an organized sport? WOW, are you joking me right now. I have been playing sports for as long as i can remember and i know for a fact that the first time a coach does something that is hurting the team im going to be the first one to say something, if im playing well and he takes me out....thats hurting the team. That is what Boldin did.

Ive never played organized sports....wow.
Then you should know that showing up your coach in front of a team during a game is a detriment to the team.
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I find it adorable how your only response is, "well you clearly don't play sports/never been to a city/don't watch Team X if you don't agree with my viewpoints". Yes, he probably has played sports. No, he doesn't have to agree with you.

Zyro, aren't you a fairly accomplished baseball player?
Hey sniper, yeah im going to the number 1 ranked NAIA school in the country right now, and will get innings as a closer this year as a freshman.

I was the MVP in the state last year as a senior and have 2 state championships (one in baseball and one in football)

I got drafted this past summer Twista....what do you have on that?

dont call me out when you have no proof of ****.
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
So? He's still the coach. He obviously knows everything. Andy Reid is Brian Westbrook's and Correll Buckhalter's boss (in a way). Do you think they agree with his strategy to throw 9,814 times per game?
Of course they don't, but I'm sure they handle it in a mature way.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Hey sniper, yeah im going to the number 1 ranked NAIA school in the country right now, and will get innings as a closer this year as a freshman.

I was the MVP in the state last year as a senior and have 2 state championships (one in baseball and one in football)

I got drafted this past summer Twista....what do you have on that?

dont call me out when you have no proof of ****.
Why would anyone lie about that over the internet?
Old 02-11-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Then you should know that showing up your coach in front of a team during a game is a detriment to the team.
if hes making a bad decision and hurting the team someone should say something! ill be that guy, and so will Boldin.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Why would anyone lie about that over the internet?
ill send ya links, just google it.

you can even check out the highlight film at the bottem of my sig, and go from there. i dont give a ****.
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
if hes making a bad decision and hurting the team someone should say something! ill be that guy, and so will Boldin.
Like I said, there's nothing wrong with that. But don't show him up in front of everyone else. Be a man and talk to him about it.
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Handle it in a mature way, not throw a tantrum. I'm sure that's how most players, good or bad, would've handled the situation.
Anquan Boldin is 28 years old. He's probably been playing football for the past 23 years or so. Odds are, his biggest football-related dream is winning the Super Bowl. He's standing there not in the game due to his ******** OC. He's an elite WR. He's seeing the Eagles coming back and he's seeing his shot at a SB being pissed away after so many rough years with the Cards. DO YOU REALLY ******* THINK HE'S GOING TO SAY, "Oh Gee, Todd. Could we have a word about your recent play-calling? I feel it's rather drab and predictable. May we discuss your removal of one of the league's best wideouts in a big situation over tea and crumpets, perhaps at this present moment?"
Old 02-11-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Like I said, there's nothing wrong with that. But don't show him up in front of everyone else. Be a man and talk to him about it.
i bet some of the other guys would have liked to do it, but they didnt have the balls to actually do it.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Zyro, where do you play?
Old 02-11-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Anquan Boldin is 28 years old. He's probably been playing football for the past 23 years or so. Odds are, his biggest football-related dream is winning the Super Bowl. He's standing there not in the game due to his ******** OC. He's an elite WR. He's seeing the Eagles coming back and he's seeing his shot at a SB being pissed away after so many rough years with the Cards. DO YOU REALLY ******* THINK HE'S GOING TO SAY, "Oh Gee, Todd. Could we have a word about your recent play-calling? I feel it's rather drab and predictable. May we discuss your removal of one of the league's best wideouts in a big situation over tea and crumpets, perhaps at this present moment?"
Whether he knows better or not, Haley is still his boss. No way around that. And as we know, Reid isn't the smartest, who's to say he won't make a similar decision to Haley? It's like you guys think everything is going to be smooth sailing with Boldin.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Zyro, where do you play?
Lewis & Clark State College- 16 time NAIA National Champions

http://www.lcsc.edu/athletics/Baseba...es/clanton.htm
Old 02-11-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
i bet some of the other guys would have liked to do it, but they didnt have the balls to actually do it.
No they have the balls to not do it. Haley is his coach and his superior. Whether you agree with him or not, to belittle him like he did shows a lack of maturity and discipline.