Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-05-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran

Bohleive hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default JJ vs. Cody

Since we are pretty much set at OLB now (thank god for no Porter), why don't we discuss the position battle that will take place instead of whining about FA or bashing JJ.
I think that we'll see a rotation of JJ on first and second downs with Cody coming in on thirds, so the position will be kind of shared. I also think that depending on Cody's progress, his health and our cap situation next season JJ could become a very movable commodity as trade fodder. I look at him this season not just as a starter, but as a very valuable insurance policy in case Cody gets hurt or doesn't progress. Hopefully beyond this upcoming season, Cody will allay those doubts and we will have another mid-rd guy being groomed as depth so JJ will be expendible.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For once Bo I agree with you, if this is what happens I have no problem with it, I would love to see JJ and Cody as a rotation I think it would suit both of them best.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it will lead to a great training camp battle.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

i think jarrett will win the battle rather easily and go on to have 8+ sacks.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
Wishful thinking, we could only hope. Personally I think we must take an OLB day 1.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
I highly doubt he gets 8+ sacks, Ill be happy if he gets 5.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really dont feel there will be a battle for who starts. I think Jarrett is going to be the man from day one of camp. Theres noway they give it to Cody over him. He doesnt have half the game experience and Johnson is just a flat out better player.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree there will be a rotation between them, unless one is just flat out miles ahead of the other
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Wishful thinking, we could only hope. Personally I think we must take an OLB day 1.
I Agree With That
I Think Anthony Spencer Is Way To Good For Us To Pass Up
Spencer Can Learn Under Terrell and Ray For A Year
Meanwhile We Can See What JJ and Cody Can Do For Us
But Spencer Still Has The Talent To Become The Starter

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
RaVeNFaNaCtIc
Rookie

RaVeNFaNaCtIc hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like the idea of Dan COdy and JJ rotation, and if that is what we will do i doubt we take a OLB in the first round. I dont think we should focus on replacing A.D. yet but focus more on replacing Trevor Pryce, I think taking Ray McDonald in the second round would be a great replacment for the future. I would like to see us take a o-linemen in the first round or a Cornerback.

Give Kyle Boller 1 Last Chance
#1 supporter of Demetrius Williams!
I used to be MaddenPlayer52
RaVeNFaNaCtIc is offline   Reply With Quote