Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 02-12-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002
Default Salutations

Hi folks, I'm an Eagle fan but I come to you in peace. I come to ask about the hospitality of your town. I am taking a trip to DC for school (field trip oh boy!!!!) I will be staying 4 days 3 nights on the Georgetown campus. I've never ever been to DC or even south of Delaware for that matter. I don't know anything about the surrounding area or the town itself. I won't have transportation unfortunately. However, I am coming to ask, what are some quality bars and resteraunts around the area that are friendly and I can get my fill for a decent price? I'm sure some of the people I'm staying with (still never actually talked to them LOL) will show me some parties around campus, but I'd much rather sit down and relax in an establishment. Is there anything around town besides the obvious you suggest I see? Any part of town I should avoid? And how is mass transit?
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You really don't need any transportation where you are going. All you need is public transportation. There are a TON of places to go out in the Georgetown area. It's one of my wife and my favorite places to go for a full day of shopping, walking, eating, drinking, etc. I am a BIG fan of Paolos. It's right in the heart of Georgetown. A great chill place to eat and have a few drinks at the bar. Here is a link - http://www.paolosristorante.com/. You really can't go wrong in the Georgetown area.

If you want to check out the DC area while you are in town head to the Capital to do some site seeing one afternoon and for more good food check out Dupont Circle. Theres a great sports bar in Dupont but I can never remember the name. Its huge and has a ton of pool tables, darts, and shuffle board. I always have a great time there. I'll ask a friend of mine what it's called and get back to you.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
You really don't need any transportation where you are going. All you need is public transportation. There are a TON of places to go out in the Georgetown area. It's one of my wife and my favorite places to go for a full day of shopping, walking, eating, drinking, etc. I am a BIG fan of Paolos. It's right in the heart of Georgetown. A great chill place to eat and have a few drinks at the bar. Here is a link - http://www.paolosristorante.com/. You really can't go wrong in the Georgetown area.

If you want to check out the DC area while you are in town head to the Capital to do some site seeing one afternoon and for more good food check out Dupont Circle. Theres a great sports bar in Dupont but I can never remember the name. Its huge and has a ton of pool tables, darts, and shuffle board. I always have a great time there. I'll ask a friend of mine what it's called and get back to you.
How much is a drink at Paolos? What do they have on tap? And what type of people usually go in there?

And if I go to that sports bar, I'll make sure no one knows about my Philly ties LOL
Old 02-12-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All you need to do is use the metro, its cheap, and really easy to get around the city.

Georgetown has tons of places...just walk down M street and theres tons of bars/restaurants. Georgetown has a decent amount of preppy/snobby kids though...but its still nice

You can always just hop on the metro and go to Chinatown by the Verizon Center...pretty good Irish Pub there...Fado I think.

The craziest bar scene is probably Adams Morgan. You can take the Metro there too. Theres just a ton of bars/lounges/clubs and stuff along the main drag you can go in.

Any place you go in DC is gonna be kind of expensive...Georgetown probably the most expensive though because most of their bars don't need to have happy hours or drink specials because most everyone in the area has money.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
How much is a drink at Paolos? What do they have on tap? And what type of people usually go in there?

And if I go to that sports bar, I'll make sure no one knows about my Philly ties LOL
I'd say Paolos is one of the more reasonably priced places in Georgetown. I usually stick with Peroni bottles or Stellas on tap while I'm there but I can't remember exact prices.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:07 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

I'm antsy I've never ever been to DC
Old 02-12-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Are there a lot of snobby types around the area I'm going to be? I hate those type of kids.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are there a lot of snobby types around the area I'm going to be? I hate those type of kids.
If you're in Georgetown than yea there will be some. Georgetown University man...kids buying 10$ beers with their rich ass parents money...thats just how it is there. If I was you I would take the metro to Adams Morgan one night.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Red_BearSkins
Rookie

Red_BearSkins hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Theres a great sports bar in Dupont but I can never remember the name. Its huge and has a ton of pool tables, darts, and shuffle board. I always have a great time there. I'll ask a friend of mine what it's called and get back to you.
Cool place, it's got a couple projectors. It's called Buffalo Billiards. It's got 2 bars, one huge one in the center, and then another in the backroom. The backroom bar is less crowded, you can get drinks faster there. This is actually the only bar I really know in Dupont Circle

If you go to a movie, check out the Uptown, I think it's the biggest screen on the East Coast that's not an IMAX. It's in Cleveland Park, they've got a couple bars across the street from the Uptown, those are more laid back. There's a small billiards place with a couple tables there called Atomic Billiards. Right next door is Uptown Tavern, if there's a UFC fight, that bar will show it.

Love Adams Morgan. When your drunk, head over to the Falafel Shop, it tastes fantastic. But if you go to Adams Morgan, you have to not get antsy about it being really crowded, it's definitely not everybody's scene. We often hit up Tom Tom's, very popular bar, very crowded, if you bring some ladies and dance (in the back on the first floor) you'll be bumping into everyone there. Don't think I've ever seen a fight break out in Tom Toms, everyone just knows it's impossible to not bump into someone there so they just ignore it. The upstairs of Tom Tom's is more chill, they've got couches you can relax on.

A more college-kid bar in Adams Morgan is Millie-Al's (Millie-n-Al's?!? I don't know how it's spelled), dollar jello shots when the skeleton dances. But again, Adams Morgan is reeeaaalllyy crowded. 18th street gets so packed during it, it's worth checking out at least once just to get in the atmosphere.
Red_BearSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:18 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_BearSkins View Post
Cool place, it's got a couple projectors. It's called Buffalo Billiards. It's got 2 bars, one huge one in the center, and then another in the backroom. The backroom bar is less crowded, you can get drinks faster there. This is actually the only bar I really know in Dupont Circle
yea thats the one. my buddies and i always end up at that back bar because its right by the shuffleboards too. spent a few late nights chugging beers back there. right next to metro too.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Red_BearSkins
Rookie

Quote:
yea thats the one. my buddies and i always end up at that back bar because its right by the shuffleboards too. spent a few late nights chugging beers back there. right next to metro too.
Yeah the metro part is awesome, I missed it once...decided it wouldn't be a bad idea to just walk home. Home was ALL uphill, it wasn't a good idea.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

+1 for the Adams Morgan area.

I've never been, still too young, but I've heard it's a good time from a lotta friends.

I know in/around Chinatown near the Verizon center there are some clubs and a huge Greene Turtle that gets pretty packed.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Red_BearSkins
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
+1 for the Adams Morgan area.

I've never been, still too young, but I've heard it's a good time from a lotta friends.

I know in/around Chinatown near the Verizon center there are some clubs and a huge Greene Turtle that gets pretty packed.
Don't know Chinatown. But back before I was 21 without fakes, we used to hit up the hookah bars in Adams Morgan. They used to have a great one, let you drink in there, hookahs were insanely cheap, looked like a hole in the wall, but you got what you paid for. I don't think it exists anymore cause of the smoking laws. If it does, it's name is Azela's, 5 bucks a hookah for the whole night.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

hookah bar is still there in Adams Morgan
Old 02-21-2009, 01:37 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WHAT UP TWISTA?

I didn't know you were posting around here....
NotRickJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

I actually liked the DC area. Outside of Philly of course, DC is the town I like most of all NFC east teams. I stayed in a duplex house at the corner of New Hampshire and 8th. Working class area but the thugs didn't mess with students. I always read about DC being rough, where are the bad parts of town?
Old 03-04-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
I actually liked the DC area. Outside of Philly of course, DC is the town I like most of all NFC east teams. I stayed in a duplex house at the corner of New Hampshire and 8th. Working class area but the thugs didn't mess with students. I always read about DC being rough, where are the bad parts of town?
Anacostia and other parts of south east, some parts of NE. You'll know when your in a bad neighborhood.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote