Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way this happens, he must have at least 35 mill left on that contract. Can't blame 'em for trying I guess
Old 02-14-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

if i had some control on what the raiders would do ....id give atlanta Al davis and a bag of chips for Vick.
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameplaya2435 View Post
Al Davis will pull the trigger, contract and all. You just wait. ;)
If they didn't have Russell I think he would.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought NFL players had contract stipulations regarding jail time. I think it is as if he retired, there is no contract, but the Falcons are the only ones who can sign him. Thats why they would need to trade the rights to him.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
gramage

Here's the contract that you would inherit in a trade:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...rner021309.htm
"Vick is serving time in a federal prison on felony charges related to dogfighting, but he is scheduled to be released in July. He is currently under contract to the Falcons through 2013, with the remaining five years of the deal worth $45.11 million, with another $3 million in possible Pro Bowl incentives. His 2009 base salary is $9 million, with another $6.43 million in bonuses."
Old 02-14-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

its way to early for Atlanta to even be mentioning trading Vick.
Vick still has a lot to prove before he can even think about playing in the NFL again. No team is going to want him right now because every team has plans for QBs. Unless someone gets hurt, or retires.
But just imagine if Vick signs with Carolina once Delhomme retires.
Vick, DeAngelo, Stewart, AND STEVE SMITH. shitwouldbedope

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordquas View Post
its way to early for Atlanta to even be mentioning trading Vick.
Vick still has a lot to prove before he can even think about playing in the NFL again. No team is going to want him right now because every team has plans for QBs. Unless someone gets hurt, or retires.
But just imagine if Vick signs with Carolina once Delhomme retires.
Vick, DeAngelo, Stewart, AND STEVE SMITH. shitwouldbedope
shitwouldbedayiquit being a panthers fan

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
There is no harm in trying.
That's what I'm saying. Sure, very slim anyone bites but if they don't, oh well.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Vick is among the top 20 quarterbacks in the league in my opinion. TD-INT ratio is nice, supremely athletic, by far the best scrambler ever, cannon arm. Low completion percentage but played in offenses that weren't built to take advantage of his strengths and with bad wide receivers throughout.
Vick hasn't played football in, what? Two seasons and you think he's top 20?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 07:35 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Vick was just THAT good.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Vick is among the top 20 quarterbacks in the league in my opinion. TD-INT ratio is nice, supremely athletic, by far the best scrambler ever, cannon arm. Low completion percentage but played in offenses that weren't built to take advantage of his strengths and with bad wide receivers throughout.
My thoughts exactly. If you put him on a team that has a nice run game with maybe a WR that can catch the ball when throw his way he can be a good QB.
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think I can name 10-12 teams vick could start on. Lets start with the NFC North Lions, Vikings, Bears. Now for the rest of the NFL. 9ers, Chiefs, Bills, Titans(due to Collins age), Jets, Browns. So I guess I can only name 9. Those are the teams I wouldn't even hesitate to take Vick for. There are a few more than I would allow him to compete for the spot.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He needs to go to the CFL or something for maybe a year or two, show he can still play a little, and some-what clear his name.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard John Clayton say the Rams last night. IDK why he said, or maybe it makes sense. He has to go somewhere where the fans don't give a ****. St. Louis abliges that.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Vick was just THAT good.
No, he sure wasn't. He wasn't even close to THAT good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
I think I can name 10-12 teams vick could start on. Lets start with the NFC North Lions, Vikings, Bears. Now for the rest of the NFL. 9ers, Chiefs, Bills, Titans(due to Collins age), Jets, Browns. So I guess I can only name 9. Those are the teams I wouldn't even hesitate to take Vick for. There are a few more than I would allow him to compete for the spot.
Vick (not to mention a vick who hasn't played in the NFL for two seasons and is coming out of JAIL) wouldn't start for an NFL team, unless some team got really really desperate.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 02-15-2009 at 12:45 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I was just kidding.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
(looks at vikings sig) NO THANKS!!!!!
Old 02-15-2009, 02:55 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramage View Post
Here's the contract that you would inherit in a trade:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...rner021309.htm
"Vick is serving time in a federal prison on felony charges related to dogfighting, but he is scheduled to be released in July. He is currently under contract to the Falcons through 2013, with the remaining five years of the deal worth $45.11 million, with another $3 million in possible Pro Bowl incentives. His 2009 base salary is $9 million, with another $6.43 million in bonuses."
His cap numbers mean more to Atlanta than the team that trades for him. Whoever trades for his rights is going to give him a short deal with a minimum salary a la Pacman Jones. The problem lies with Atlanta and absorbing all that dead bonus money.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Vick (not to mention a vick who hasn't played in the NFL for two seasons and is coming out of JAIL) wouldn't start for an NFL team, unless some team got really really desperate.
I meant in terms of football only, disregarding his baggage. I'm not expecting him to end up back in football.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
shitwouldbedayiquit being a panthers fan
... yeah right. You'd cry for a few days and put your "I <3 DeAngelo" shirt back on and you know it.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

I abhor Mike Vick ( even before the doggy dilemma), and don't think he ever was or ever will be a great NFL QB. but I can't help but imagine him in a Wildcat offense.

they get smoked.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
It's only a dumb argument if you're a Vick apologist. Anyone who watched Vick with an objective eye could see his poor passing skills limited the offense. If it wasn't for Crumpler, his completion% would have been more like 40%. Young WR's do not cause passes to be overthrown, underthrown, thrown behind of crossing routes, etc.
No it's a dumb argument because

A)Only one WR in Vick's entire career got better when he left, Roddy White.

B)It was the same WR who coming into the league pretty much every draft analysis said was it was going to take him a while to develop.

C)It was the same WR who did not even become a full-time starter until 2007 the year after Vick left. (White started 8 games in 2005 his rookie year and 5 in 2006, 2007 was first year he went into the year as a starter)

D)Same Wr who blossomed under the same WR coach who helped turn around the career of TJ Houshmanzedah.

This was nothing unexpected. Even Chad Johnson before the season said that Hue Jackson was going to mold the ATL receivers and that Vick would be a happy man, of course this is before the turmoil caught up to him.

There is no Vick apologist in these facts. The only objectivity is on those who reject these facts. Vick didn't hold receivers back. He didn't hold Crumpler back from being a Pro Bowl TE and being near the top of the league in terms of yardage, YPR, and TDs among TEs in the league.

And he didn't hold his receivers back. Roddy White the one guy who blossomed who Vick detractors try to use to tear down Vick, when there was a laundry list of reason that were even stated BEFORE he blossomed why it would be delayed.

Last edited by BBIB : 02-16-2009 at 01:58 PM.
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Chris Redman
Played in 2003 (Missed 2004, 2005, and 2006 season)

3 years in between starts

Before 2007:
7 TDs
5 INTs

After return (30 years old in 2007)
10 TDs
5 INTs

Tommy Maddox
Played in 1995. (Missed 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, and 2000 season)

5 years in between starts

Before 2001:
6 TDs
14 INTs

0-4 record as starter

After return: (30 years old in 2001)
42 TDs
42 INTs

15-16-1 record as starter

Todd Collins
Played in 1997 (Missed 1998, 1999, 2000)

3 years in between years in the league (9 years in between starts)

Before 2001:
16 TDs
19 INTs

7-10 record as starter

After return (30 years old in 2001)
6 TDs
0 INts

3-0 record as starter

-

An example of several players who missed as much time to more than Vick in between being in the league, and all of these guys just so happened to put up BETTER numbers when they returned.

Vick would be younger in his return than all of these guys and he was far more talented than all of these guys before he departed.

Vick is only 6 months older than Eli Manning. He's only 2 years older than Big Ben.

Im not buying the age or the time away from the game argument because neither are truly valid if Vick is in shape.

Last edited by BBIB : 02-16-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless he takes a GIANT paycut there is no way anyone is going to trade for him. I think if he really wants to come back though he will take a pay cut.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Unless he takes a GIANT paycut there is no way anyone is going to trade for him. I think if he really wants to come back though he will take a pay cut.
Im not sure they can cut guaranteed money. Falcons will have to cut him

Then he will have to sign for a team near the league minimum with incentives