Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 02-14-2009, 12:18 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Looking back on the 07 draft

This is starting to look like a very good draft for us....

1 JaMarcus Russell- Starting to look like a franchise QB. Get him more weapons and better olinemen and we could see a great QB in the making

2 Zach Miller- Future pro bowler here. Once we finaly sure up the oline this guy is going to have alot of catches

3 Quentin Moses- I was really happy we got this guy in the 3rd round. He was cut during the preseason though

3 Mario Henderson- Looks to be a starting OT for us. Was pretty dominant the last few games of the season

3 Johnnie Lee Higgins- One of the best returners in the NFL, will probably be our #2 or 3 WR for a while

4 Michael Bush- I remember I woke up and saw we draft this guy. HUGE smile on my face. He looks to be the thunder we need to go with McFaddens lightning

4 John Bowie-Got hurt this season, fast player that might be a good nickle CB

5 Jay Richardson-Has shown flashes of being a decent DE. Alright against the run but needs to work on getting pressure on the QB

5 Eric Framton-I have no idea what happened to him

6 Oren O'Neal-Was really disapointed he got hurt. Hes a pretty damn good blocker

7 Jonathan Holland- Who?

Overal this draft looks to be our best one so far since 2000. Russell, Bush, Miller, Henderson and JLH look to be good players.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
This is starting to look like a very good draft for us....

3 Mario Henderson- Looks to be a starting OT for us. Was pretty dominant the last few games of the season

4 Michael Bush- I remember I woke up and saw we draft this guy. HUGE smile on my face. He looks to be the thunder we need to go with McFaddens lightning

5 Eric Frampton-I have no idea what happened to him

Overall this draft looks to be our best one so far since 2000. Russell, Bush, Miller, Henderson and JLH look to be good players.
My 2 cents: I don't know if I'd describe Henderson's play as dominant, I'd say serviceable. I also wouldn't describe Bush as Thunder. He certainly has the size, but that's just not his running style. He's not the Brandon Jacobs type runner, but he looks really good none the less. As for Frampton, he got cut and is playing ST for someone (can't remember which team I saw him on). Everything else I pretty much agree with.

The success/failure of this draft class lies on Russell's shoulders. If he busts, then I don't think this can be considered a good draft even if we did get a few other good players out of it.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I agree with Stash. Mario wasn't dominant but he definitely was an upgrade over both Harris and Sims, and Bush doesn't run as hard as he could.I'm pretty sure Frampton plays for Minny now or maybe Detroit.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The '08 draft after only a year hasn't exactly been all that bad either ..
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I wanna see us give Branch a try at FS this year.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
I wanna see us give Branch a try at FS this year.
I liked what I saw from him in limited time last year. He definitely has the physical ability, we'll just have to see if he has legit football skills or if he's just another one of Al's workout warriors.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:26 AM    (permalink
Mercurial
Rookie

Mercurial hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hey Raider Nation...

I'm a Lions fan, and I'm concerned about how we will use the #1 pick...

So I was hoping you could participate in a little survey I'm doing. If you could go back and redraft, how many of you would still take JR @ #1? And if not, who would you take?

Thanks... I have to admit that I'm not the biggest JR fan, but I was curious to see how you guys look back on your draft...
Mercurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i think when a team has been as bad as ours (raiders).... every draft they have to go into the draft as every player they draft has to be someone who will compete for the starting position from day one rather then drafting many experimental projects who have potential but might take few years before they show.
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
Hey Raider Nation...

So I was hoping you could participate in a little survey I'm doing. If you could go back and redraft, how many of you would still take JR @ #1? And if not, who would you take?

Thanks... I have to admit that I'm not the biggest JR fan, but I was curious to see how you guys look back on your draft...
Hated the pick when it was made. Don't like it now.

Calvin Johnson was the clear cut #1 player on the board. I'm not usually a proponent of taking a WR that high, but Megatron was something special. That's the direction we should have gone.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey Raider Nation...

I wasnt happy we look Russell over Johnson back when it happened. Right now its still up in the air for me. Johnson has allready shown he can be a Pro Bowl type WR, but too many people are writing off Russell. Russell has shown flashes of being worthy of the pick many time and theres time he looks bad. The thing is he is only 24 I think and it was his first season starting. Plus he is on a bad team and hadKwame Harris as his LT for almost the whole year.

Johnson wouldnt have made a big impact for us since we would still have a whole at QB and who ever the QB would be would have a bad Oline.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:04 AM    (permalink
OaklandRaider56
Rookie

OaklandRaider56 is a cocksman.OaklandRaider56 is a cocksman.OaklandRaider56 is a cocksman.OaklandRaider56 is a cocksman.OaklandRaider56 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Hey Raider Nation...

Joe Thomas
OaklandRaider56 is offline   Reply With Quote