Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how about u make an argument why he isnt a #1

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:16 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
how about u make an argument why he isnt a #1
I wouldn't consider him a number one WR for a few reasons and also for a few different reason I would consider him a number one. I think it all depends on who you think is a number one and how you define it. Numbers don't define it to me, if they did then Wes Welker would be a WR you would build an offense around. I think the type of WR you are, the numbers, and the attention the defense pays to you all contribute in their own way in determining if a WR is a number one or not.

If you look at the numbers then you could easily say he is a nubmer one. Looking at T24L type stats like Yards after catch, touchdowns %, 1st downs caught, Yards after contact etc etc can prove that TJ is a number one. His nubmers are great. But is he a game changer, do defenses adjust their plan in accordance to TJ. Maybe, maybe not.

I don't see TJ as a true number one but has the numbers to be considered one for sure.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:29 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Wes Welker comparison is exactly where I'm going, too. Housh is bigger & stronger, but I still see him as a possession guy who lacks the speed to be a true game breaker. His numbers are fantastic, but that is b/c he has a talent like CJ to take all the extra attention while he does the dirty work underneath.

I don't know that there is any true way to argue his #1 vs. #2 (or anyone else for that matter) except to say I don't think he would be nearly as successful as the #1 threat. Double cover TJ and I'm guessing he can be held to zero catches by a good secondary.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
^ Being the best on the team does NOT make him a #1 guy worthy of #1 WR pay.

Don't believe me? Ask Donovan McNabb.
Exactly. He is best suited for being the number 2 guy.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

idk, he basically was the #1 this year, i mean seriously what did Chad Ocho Cinco do this year

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Wes Welker comparison is exactly where I'm going, too. Housh is bigger & stronger, but I still see him as a possession guy who lacks the speed to be a true game breaker. His numbers are fantastic, but that is b/c he has a talent like CJ to take all the extra attention while he does the dirty work underneath.

I don't know that there is any true way to argue his #1 vs. #2 (or anyone else for that matter) except to say I don't think he would be nearly as successful as the #1 threat. Double cover TJ and I'm guessing he can be held to zero catches by a good secondary.
That's what I was going for. He isn't the kind of player to demand double coverage. I'm not saying he isn't very good but he isn't the gamebreaker. He is more effective short, to medium range (redzone ability is awesome) but he really doesn't have much in big play threats. He might have that trick up his sleeve but I've never seen it.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
^ Being the best on the team does NOT make him a #1 guy worthy of #1 WR pay.

Don't believe me? Ask Donovan McNabb.
Maybe not worthy, but it does make the team willing to pay him like it. Bernard Berrian got $7.25 million a year last offseason. TJ will get at least that.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ That I can agree with, but I have they feeling that team will be disappointed in the result.

I hope he proves me wrong. I like TJ.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Maybe not worthy, but it does make the team willing to pay him like it. Bernard Berrian got $7.25 million a year last offseason. TJ will get at least that.
Berrian is also four years younger than Houshmadzadeh and is a proven deep threat in this league.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Berrian is also four years younger than Houshmadzadeh and is a proven deep threat in this league.
Housh's deep route is severely underrated because we don't utilize it very often. I'm not saying his deep routes are great, but above average for sure.

It seems like whenever a guy has great hands people immediately assume he has terrible legs.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:41 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With him along side Reggie I think he would continue to produce!!!
:)
I can dream...

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote