Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 02-18-2009, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Breaking down the options at pick 19

Here is my big board of guys we are looking at at pick 19 (NOT IN ORDER):

DT Peria Jerry - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQgnFw5fMaA We have a huge need at DT and Jerry should be available. However he is relatively light at 290 lbs and will be 25 years old on opening day. How much of an upgrade is he really over Jovan Haye? Perhaps the Bucs would be much better off dumping a bunch of money on 330 lb Albert Haynesworth.

DE Larry English - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ad0Famkaas A guy who will get serious consideration from the Bears at pick 18. I believe he will be a 43 DE in the league and not a 34 lb. Gives us 2 exciting edge rushers for the next 5+ years.

CB Alphonso Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED9C6JWaoPg I know we just picked a CB last year but this guy is a playmaker. His speed and quickness would complement Talib's size and physicallity very well. Also Ronde is almost done and Buchanon sucked at the end of the year and is a FA.

WR Hakeem Nicks - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWakmo3_m2s Another guy that the Bears might take at pick 18. He has all the physical attributes of a #1 wr. Strong hands, good size, runs nice routes. My #3 wr this year.

WR Percy Harvin - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE-4-bzH9WI Might be the biggest playmaker in the draft but is raw. Will never be the #1 wr, will always be the exciting #2 to complement an Antonio Bryant or other #1 wr. Would give the Bucs some much needed spark.

OT Michael Oher - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjM8bL0X9P4 If he were to fall, I think the Bucs would have to consider taking him. He could fit in as either a LT or RT.

NO QB (I have Sanchez being gone and Freeman has BUST oooozing out of him)

NO RB (EG and Clifton Smith can get it done)

Last edited by Me Likey Rookies : 02-18-2009 at 12:49 AM. Reason: added videos
Me Likey Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:53 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Considering the new scheme, I think the odds on favorites at this point are CB's Alphonso Smith and D.J. Moore and perhaps DE Larry English. If we lose Antonio Bryant in free agency, then WR does become pretty urgent. I do like Jarrett Dillard from Rice somewhere in Day 2, but I know he's not a #1 WR, but an excellent WCO slot player.

Oher would absolutely fit in with the zone blocking scheme that Jagodzinski wants to implement, especially at RT where I'm not sure how well Jeremy Trueblood will fare.

And I absolutely agree with you assessment on Freeman.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:43 AM    (permalink
StaticGator
Rookie

StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.

Good list. The one guy I would add is Eben Britton.
StaticGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who likes Josh Freeman?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:03 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They could be looking at Beatty if they want an OT. The others will be gone, and I don't think Britton fits in that role. Not a bad pick, really...

CB is a need, but it's more of a 3rd round and later need. Getting Talib really helped that situation a ton.

Jerry would be a great pick - probably the best one they can make. There's no way he's undersized for that defense...he's actually pretty big by Colts' standards.

English is an option, but there are so many Larry English-types... They could find a Cody Brown later on to do the same or better job.

I don't think WR will be an option unless Maclin or DHB is there... I really believe they'll invest heavily in the offense through free agency, and mostly address the defense via the draft.
________
Medical marijuana seeds

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 06:55 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sorry but I just can't see how OT is currently a position we would utilise a first round pick on.

Most people dislike Trueblood (not me personally) and even if he was to be replaced, we wouldn't do it in the first round.

As far as LT goes, Donald Penn is a young, improving starter. There is very little need to use a 1st rounder to upgrade a position in which we already have a good player. The pick would be much more usefully used addressing a position where no clear cut starter is identified ie QB, WR, DT, LE and now LB.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that Penn and Trueblood are good OTs but Oher is too good to pass up (and he wont be there now with Andre Smith messing up so its a moot point). We wont pick Beatty or Britton at 19.

I'd be pissed if we took Cushing.

And 24cadillac24, Josh Freeman is all measurables and no intangibles. Sure he can throw it 100 yards but he can't even read big 12 defenses, what is he going to do in the nfl? I am sure Raheem knows this coacing at KSU and will stay away.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my idea of the options....

Josh Freeman - I don't want him, but we still don't have a #1 guy at QB and I doubt the new staff sees McCown as the guy and Johnson as anything more than a project. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see us take him...hell even trade up for him.

WR - This seems the most logical choice. We only have 4 WRs on the roster now, 2 of which are high draft picks who have done next to nothing on offense. I like Harvin, Maclin & Nicks, but I have a feeling that DHB is on the top of our list :(. Britt is out of the question as we already have Stovall & Clayton.

OT - Oh no...not another OT, lol. I wouldn't be upset if we took Oher or Andre Smith. Both are top-5 talents that are loaded with potential. I can't stand Trueblood and I don't see how any Bucs fan that saw us late in the season can say otherwise. The guy is a liability with his play and his temper.

DE - I don't like the idea of drafting Larry English. He's about the same talent level as Greg White and we really don't need to spend a top-20 pick on another situational pass rusher. We need a bookend who can start and play 3 downs. I wouldn't mind taking Tyson Jackson for that role, but not English or M. Johnson (although I'm a big fan). We can always grab a guy like Stryker Sulak later on to give us a nice situational edge rusher and ST contributor. The value is really high there.

DT - Jerry would be a huge upgrade in our interior (as would Ziggy Hood), but we don't have room ATM.

LB - Laurinaitis would be a nice piece for our defense and he's very versatile. Any other LB would make me angry.

To summarize, here's what I expect:

1. WR
2. Freeman
3. Jackson

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After the money they're shelling out to Clayton and Bryant plus the trade for KWII, I'd be a bit more surprised if the Bucs went WR in the first than I would have been this time last week.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Money for Clayton....how much?

But I did think about the Winslow factor and it does cloud the situation, however we really have no targets at WR. Even if you consider Clayton a #2 guy, we still don't have a proven 3 or 4. There are lots of WRs available in the 3rd, but there's also some good ones at the top. The value at WR is greater than the other positions IMO.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-01-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Money for Clayton....how much?

But I did think about the Winslow factor and it does cloud the situation, however we really have no targets at WR. Even if you consider Clayton a #2 guy, we still don't have a proven 3 or 4. There are lots of WRs available in the 3rd, but there's also some good ones at the top. The value at WR is greater than the other positions IMO.
http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/

5 years 24 million, 10.5 mil guaranteed, could go up to 26 million with incentives.

Given that Derrick Brooks and Cato June were just cut a few days ago, wouldn't an OLB make more sense?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/

5 years 24 million, 10.5 mil guaranteed, could go up to 26 million with incentives.

Given that Derrick Brooks and Cato June were just cut a few days ago, wouldn't an OLB make more sense?
10.5 mil guaranteed. rofl.

I expect to sign some LBs in the offseason. We also have some young promising guys there already. Laurinaitis would be nice, but not anyone else.

We have LBs who can play. We only have 1 WR that can catch more than 30 balls in a season. WR is definitely a bigger need, especially when our QBs need all the help they can get.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-01-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Captain Fear
Rookie

Captain Fear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

DE - If we were to go DE in the draft, I would also like to see us go with a prospect in the mould of J. Tuck. Someone who can play end on 1st and 2nd, then swing in to DT on passing downs.

QB - I'd prefer to wait until next year to go after an elite talent, rather than reach on a questionable prospect this year. Not to write the season off, but rebuilding mode usually ='s poor records. Thus we should be well positioned next year to go after a top QB.

I'm usually not a fan of 2nd-3th round QB's, but trading back in the draft would make sense in order to re-coup some picks lost on KWII. Addressing LB and QB there could prove fruitfull. However, I generally want this every year and it never happens, so I'm not holding my breath.

AT 19, WR seems where the value seems to be at. I'd like to see Nicks or DHB. However, we will have a lot of unsatisfied pass catchers if we don't do something at QB. Since we have so many holes and positions that can be upgraded, I'm down with any value grab at 19.
Captain Fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Tampa signs Antonio Bryant to a long-term deal, I would think WR is all but eliminated at that point, no?
Old 03-01-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Yea. It is clear that Bryant, Clayton, and Winslow are the future recieving options (even though Clayton sucks). I think we end up trading up for Sanchez or staying put and taking Jerry or English.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
jj45
Rookie

jj45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Take sanchez at 19 then trade up for harvin

jj45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
jj45
Rookie

jj45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Take sanchez at 19 then trade up for harvin

jj45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how the hell did you manage to double post in a span of 50 minutes

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
how the hell did you manage to double post in a span of 50 minutes
LOL, I didn't notice that. That is so weird.

Im cooling on the idea of Sanchez after reading articles on how much junoir QBs have struggled. Stafford had played a lot for a junior, so if it is in terms of games played he's not that bad off. Sanchez on the other hand has very few games even for a junior.

I also worry that too much stock is being put into that one Bowl Game. I hadn't seen much of his play for the rest of the season. It is likely that the Rose Bowl was one of his best games, and evaluating someone mostly on their best game is going to get you an overrated view of him.

I think he is a much bigger risk than I originally thought when he first declared.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:45 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I'll never cool off on Sanchez after seeing that All Pass video Me Likey Rookies posted. What he accomplished in that one game throwing the football is more than Stafford did in his career. Sanchez has all the qualities one desires in a QB....why ignore him because of his class?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-02-2009, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Staggart
Rookie

Staggart smells like sex panther.

do not like jerry.

1. If one of the big three OTs are left you gotta take them.

2. linebacker- If Cushing is there take him

3. WR- I am not really liking percy too much... I like Nicks followed by DHB only then should harvin be drafted.

4. Only first round dlinemans I would get is raji and orakpo They probably wont be there.

5. Only then should we draft a qb or hb
Staggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I'll never cool off on Sanchez after seeing that All Pass video Me Likey Rookies posted. What he accomplished in that one game throwing the football is more than Stafford did in his career. Sanchez has all the qualities one desires in a QB....why ignore him because of his class?
Im not saying ignore him. Sanchez playing so few games increases the risk and that should downgrade him a bit in terms of where you rank him. Which is likely why their is a decent chance he will fall into the teens.

Despite the risk I wouldn't pass on him if he fell to TB. Im just not as thrilled as I would have been when he first declared.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggart View Post
do not like jerry.

1. If one of the big three OTs are left you gotta take them.

2. linebacker- If Cushing is there take him

3. WR- I am not really liking percy too much... I like Nicks followed by DHB only then should harvin be drafted.

4. Only first round dlinemans I would get is raji and orakpo They probably wont be there.

5. Only then should we draft a qb or hb
1. Maybe. I wouldn't follow that rule myself, but the logic isn't bad.

2. Lord no.

3. I like Nicks and Percy and Maclin a lot. DHB/Britt not so much.

4. Everette Brown>Orakpo. We don't really need another RE but Brown would be worth it for his pass rushing alone. I'm kinda cooling off on Jerry because we have so many DTs and so many other glaring holes.

5. Sanchez should be at the top of our board. After him, QB/RB shouldn't be a last resort....or any resort. Wells would be a nice luxury....that we can't afford.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
Im not saying ignore him. Sanchez playing so few games increases the risk and that should downgrade him a bit in terms of where you rank him. Which is likely why their is a decent chance he will fall into the teens.

Despite the risk I wouldn't pass on him if he fell to TB. Im just not as thrilled as I would have been when he first declared.
OK cool. I hope he gets "downgraded" quite a bit.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-02-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Disregard everything I said about DT and Jerry. I had no idea Haye was a FA and he just signed a 4 yr $16 mil deal with Tennessee. UT is probably the biggest need on the team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-02-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanchez (or Cutler) or bust.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote