Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2008 redraft discussion thread.

Ok, so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while to debate who teams would pick in last's year's draft if they knew what they knew now. So pretend it's Draft day April 2008 and team's scouts have returned from a time machine to tell them who to pick based on what they know from today. I think this raises some interesting questions: Would the Dolphins still take Long or perhaps Matt Ryan instead? Maybe they might even decide Ryan Clady is a better long term OT than Long and take Clady #1. What about the first RB taken. Would it still be McFadden or perhaps someone like Chris Johnson would move way up the draft and be the first RB taken. Redraft as many picks as you like. The more the better.

Here's mine:

Miami Dolphins: Matt Ryan
Yeah, I know Long is good and the Dolphins are later able to sign Pennington, but Ryan has the potential to give Miami a superstar starting QB from more than a decade. You don't pass that up for an LT.

St Louis Rams: Ryan Clady
This is a tough one, but I think the Rams would go with Clady because he fits a major need and is younger with better upside than Jake Long. They might even consider Flacco because Bulger has played poorly the last couple of years, but they hope drafting Clady will help Bulger play better.

Atlanta Falcons: Joe Flacco
The Falcons lose out on Ryan, but get a fine young QB in Flacco as a consolation prize.

Oakland Raiders: Darren McFadden
The Raiders should take Jake Long here, but Al Davis is stubborn and they think McFadden will prove to be worth this pick in the end.

Kansas City Chiefs: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
Yes, it can be argued that they would take Jake Long, but they have another pick at 15 and this draft was deep at OT. Cromartie is a fantastic talent and fits a need for the Chiefs.

N.Y. Jets: Chris Long
Another tough pick to call, but the Jets go with Chris Long to be what Vernon Gholston wasn't as a rookie. Long wasn't spectacular as a rookie, but he was solid and should make a good pro for a long time.

New Orleans: Glen Dorsey
The Saints choose to take Dorsey instead of repicking Ellis. Dorsey didn't set the world on fire as a rookie, but the Saints hope the home town favorite will be able to make more plays for them than he could as a rookie for KC.

Jacksonville Jaguars: Jake Long
The happiest team in the draft to be repicking. Harvey held out and then didn't make much of an impact as a rookie. Long fits a position that was even a need before the Jaguars lost a couple of players before the season.

Cincinnati Bengals: Chris Johnson
The Bengals have needs that could be argued as bigger than RB, but Johnson is a special talent with elite speed and good versatility.

New England Patriots: Jerod Mayo
There are some other guys that could be argued for here, but Mayo worked out pretty well for the Patriots, so they stick with him.

Ok, I'm gonna stop at the top 10...at least for now. This is obviously highly debateable and I look forward to being flamed....I mean having a discussion and seeing other people's redrafts.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am very happy with Mayo on the Pats, I wouldn't change the pick either. He is a stud already.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have the feeling that the Bears would have taken Forte in the first round if there was a redraft with what we know now.

He was way too important to our team to risk it on Chris Williams who didn't hardly play.
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I fell the same way about the Eagles with DeSean BB...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Long to KC. DRC? REALLY? Flowers had just as much of an impact. I would never change the Flowers pick. best pick by far for KC
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Chris Long to KC. DRC? REALLY? Flowers had just as much of an impact. I would never change the Flowers pick. best pick by far for KC
The Chiefs took 2 CB's and they both played a lot, right? DRC is a pretty special looking CB from what I've seen. They could still take Flowers, but pass on Carr later.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
The Chiefs took 2 CB's and they both played a lot, right? DRC is a pretty special looking CB from what I've seen. They could still take Flowers, but pass on Carr later.
Id rather Chris Long. Remember how many sacks KC had this past year. :)
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey lets base it off of one season! yea awesome!

i hate redrafts that occur within 2-3 years of a draft. It's dumb, one year isn't enough to see what the kid can do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would the Dolphins mess with a good thing and take Ryan over Long? They went 11-5 this year and have one of the brighter futures in the NFL...
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
Why would the Dolphins mess with a good thing and take Ryan over Long? They went 11-5 this year and have one of the brighter futures in the NFL...
Because Ryan gives them a long term answer at the most important position in football. Pennington is almost 10 years older then Ryan and...well....did you see that playoffs game. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just can't see Pennington ever leading a team anywhere in the playoffs.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

minnesota got jared allen with their first rounder(plus a little more). i'd do it again in a heart beat, especially after seeing what the jags traded to get a rookie de that hardly made any impact
Old 02-18-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good point on Pennington, but a QB can only go so far without a good line.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because Ryan gives them a long term answer at the most important position in football. Pennington is almost 10 years older then Ryan and...well....did you see that playoffs game. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just can't see Pennington ever leading a team anywhere in the playoffs.

That's what this studmuffin is for.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jordy Nelson pick confused the crap out of me at the time it happened, but I wouldn't change it now.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post

That's what this studmuffin is for.
Life's a lot harder when you don't have Mike Hart to give the rock.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Life's a lot harder when you don't have Mike Hart to give the rock.
You really don't think Chad Henne will have success given the situation he is in right now?
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Leodis McKelvin was a great pick for the Bills - that one should stay the same.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You really don't think Chad Henne will have success given the situation he is in right now?
I personally hate Michigan (my apologies), but I think Henne can become a successful NFL QB. He is just one of those guys that doesn't really stick out in any one aspect of his game, but has enough leadership qualities and othe intangibles, as well as good football knowledge, that is will be hard for him to fail.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

am i the only one who thinks redrafts are ******* useless?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Yeah, probably the only one in the world.

What else are we gonna do the week leading up to the combine?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
IIRC aren't the chiefs a tampa2 styled team, maybe not fully but run a similar system?

Carr and Flowers are excellent zone based corners. DRC has been awesome, but no reason for them to take DRC over Dorsey.

and also, wasn't it said their DC was running Dorsey at Nose and Tank tyler at UT?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't say I'd really change a pick for the Colts.

I looked back at the last 5 rounds, especially checking to see if they could have drafted a DT knowing in the future they would lose both NTs on the roster.

Marcus Harrison in the late 2nd is very tempting, but I'd rather have Pollak in the long run. So that was a no.

Chris Horton is the one guy, I might take him over Jacob Tamme or Steve Justice.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think there's a chance Otah, Slaton, Royal or Jackson don't go earlier than they were initially drafted. Flacco likely higher too.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Its pretty good to kill time. Redrafts after 1 season are useless though.

I like Joe Flacco and all, but Jake Long is very tempting at 3.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
personal wise sure, talent wise, KC wins it.