Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:13 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.
Default Nnamdi Asomugha Not Getting Tagged?

The first person I thought would get franchised tagged would be him yet he has still not been tagged. Today is the last day so what are they waiting for?

Last edited by The Legend : 02-19-2009 at 03:16 AM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:18 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please let him go Raiders,and then please sign him Ravens!!!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:26 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Please let him go Raiders,and then please sign him Ravens!!!!
As long as he doesn't sign in the NFC East, I'll be happy. =D

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:31 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would kill to have a lock down corner like him on the ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:33 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All the buzz is that the Raiders are close to inking a long term deal with Asomugha in the next couple days. Last I heard they were working feverishly to get something done tonight.

If the negotiations falls through, they'll definitely tag him again, since Lechler has already been brought back.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:33 AM    (permalink
Cocelesti

I would have nothing against getting him to Miami. Maybe a little wishful thinking, but his contract would be ridiculously high. But I find it hard to imagine that the Raiders would release him so easily.

They will probably find out something.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:59 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

They have like 20 Hours to tag him.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:54 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I imagine they're waiting to the last second because they're probably in the midst of negotiations for a new deal. Not that a tag would prevent that from continuing, but it acts as an initial deadline or sorts.

Or maybe the Raiders are still weighing their options. The last CB they tagged (Woodson) ended up signing the tender right away unexpectedly as a power play, stripping $10M off their cap room figure, when they really hadn't planned for that $10M to count yet.
OzTitan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:46 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
I imagine they're waiting to the last second because they're probably in the midst of negotiations for a new deal. Not that a tag would prevent that from continuing, but it acts as an initial deadline or sorts.

Or maybe the Raiders are still weighing their options. The last CB they tagged (Woodson) ended up signing the tender right away unexpectedly as a power play, stripping $10M off their cap room figure, when they really hadn't planned for that $10M to count yet.
They tagged Aso twice now.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:41 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sadly, he isn't going anywhere.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/019775.html

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
As long as he doesn't sign in the NFC East, I'll be happy. =D
u mean NFC

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know nothing is official yet (that's part of the reason I added the link), but based on what's come out so far I think it's pretty safe to say that the Raiders aren't letting him walk.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be shocked if he is not tagged if they can't get a deal done at the least a tag and trade but I don't even see that going down.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one needs to bother saying they want him, he's the best corner in the NFL and we all want him haha.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hope he doesn't stay with the raiders...maybe he should to the broncos and make the best cb tandem.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:16 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanna see him get out of Oakland so bad, but I guess Al figures that's about the only draft pick that panned out and he's not letting him go anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I would be shocked if he is not tagged if they can't get a deal done
Same here.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way he hasn't learned his lesson after being there for however long he has been in Oakland.

I think its better for both parties to franchise him and trade him. Oakland has no need for a shutdown CB when they can get help at other positions, and Asomugha can go to a place where his coverage skills will actually be appreciated by some wins.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
gramage

The ravens need to get a hold of Asomugha. If he is franchised I think they should offer their 1st rounder with a couple other picks over the next two years. They get him, keep working with Fabian Washington and hold out hope Rolle has one more year and the secondary is in good shape.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
They tagged Aso twice now.
This time, if it happens, would be the second time. I'm not sure if that was what you were saying or not.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Best corner in the league won't be a free agent

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ers/index.html

Quote:
Asomugha, Raiders nearing deal
By Jim Trotter, SI.com

Nnamdi Asomugha and the Oakland Raiders are on the verge of a landmark contract that could bring the All-Pro cornerback $26 million, at least, in guarantees over the next two years, a source familiar with the negotiations said today.

Agent Tom Condon has forwarded the proposed contract to the NFL's Management Council for approval, which is usually the final step before a deal is finalized.

Asomugha, one of the game's top cornerbacks, will be franchised for a second consecutive year if the Management Council rejects the contract proposal. Teams have until 4 p.m. today to designate franchise players; the Raiders would use the tag on Asomugha to protect themselves from losing him in free agency without compensation.

The $26 million approximates what Asomugha would earn over the next two years if the Raiders used the franchise tag on him in 2009 and 2010. The source said the guaranteed money could climb as high as $29 million over the next two years. Even more noteworthy is the proposed deal, which runs six years for salary cap purposes, includes an out clause that would allow Asomugha to become an unrestricted free agent after the 2010 season.

Yesterday, the Raiders reached agreement with free-agent punter Shane Lechler on a $12 million, four-year deal that reportedly includes $9 million in guarantees.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Interesting. Oakland has been doing a lot of cramming guaranteed money into the first two years. The Javon Walker contract was exactly the same (in fact, all his guaranteed cash will be paid out by this June). I thought 26 million in guarantees was about right about a week ago, but now I'm very interested to see the structure of this contract. It looks pretty unique.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm shocked he'd sign now, without testing the market. especially for a deal that sounds nearly identical to what he'd get if they kept tagging him.
Except here he has some long term security if he gets hurt, which was one of the major concerns he voiced after getting tagged the first time last year.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im not sure why he signs with oakland again

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
gramage

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
im not sure why he signs with oakland again

Money. What do you think winning trumps cash? To quote Lawyer Milloy "you can't feed your family with superbowl rings."