Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 02-20-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Twinblade
Rookie

Twinblade needs more cowbell.
Default Is TD out of his mind here?

Why should he pull out of the AH sweepstakes and let him fall in the bucs hands? Then bring up some BS "Build threw the draft" when every other 31 teams will be doing the same thing on draft day.

The falcons has been suffering and has been looking for a forcer at the DT spot, but when one hits the FA, they start backing out? Are the falcons trying to be much worse on defense then the 2008 season?

So instead of getting help for Abe, Abe is going to have to carry this sorry @$$ defense, once again.

Clever move Mr. TD..clever move...

Not only is he wanting to re-sign Brooking and Lawyer Milloy but backing out on most FA's?

I guess next season, the falcons will have to prove that their 2008 season, was not a fluke...I don't think they play the Lions, Rams, Chiefs, Packers and Raiders next season.

Maybe this is some kind of smoke screen on TD's part so talk wouldn't be going out of control.
Twinblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:52 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Might be a smoke screen, might not.

Either way, I'm reasonably sure that TD is better qualified to determine whether we should pursue Haynesworth than you, so - while entitled to your own opinion - probably best to ease back on throttle.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Twinblade
Rookie

TD is relying to much on Rookies, you can still get young players in FA, but this team is could go 8-8 next season, duo to a bad defense.

Last edited by Twinblade : 02-21-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather spend my money elsewhere. He demands too big of a contract. It's nice to see you posting again, Twinblade. I believe you said something about quitting two particular forums if we drafted Matt Ryan. So far, I've seen that you've kept your part of the bargain. That's good, since now you can always post here instead of FF and AFMB, heh.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Twinblade
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libid21 View Post
I'd rather spend my money elsewhere. He demands too big of a contract. It's nice to see you posting again, Twinblade. I believe you said something about quitting two particular forums if we drafted Matt Ryan. So far, I've seen that you've kept your part of the bargain. That's good, since now you can always post here instead of FF and AFMB, heh.
Who knew Matt Ryan would come in and prove so many fans wrong.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinblade View Post
Who knew Matt Ryan would come in and prove so many fans wrong.
Not too many, but you still didn't have to sound like Matt Ryan was definitely going to be the next Ryan Leaf. I'll never forget you over in some other forums practically crying your eyes out because some people would be sending Matt Ryan to Atlanta in their mock drafts.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Twinblade
Rookie

There wasn't a really good rate in QB's going early in the first, succeeding lately, that is why I never liked taking a QB in the first round. You would never know what you would get and how they pan out.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like it or not, he's going to get the benefit of the doubt until he proves he doesn't deserve. It looks to me like he's doing things the 'Patriot way' by making occasional big signings such as Michael Turner, but mostly relying on mid level free agents and the draft. The pressure is on him to have another stellar draft. Even if the team takes a step back in 2009, the way he's doing things should be good for the long term. One thing to keep in mind is guys like Roddy White and Justin Blalock who may be up for new contraxts within the next year.

One thing that will be nice about having a lot of needs in the draft is the fact that it means the Falcons will be less locked in to picking certain positions and therefore will be less likely to need to reach.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tom Dmitroff was the NFL Executive of the Year. He knows whatsup, as oppose to online armchair GMs who think they know everything.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Twinblade
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Tom Dmitroff was the NFL Executive of the Year. He knows whatsup, as oppose to online armchair GMs who think they know everything.
That's everybody that isn't a GM
Old 03-11-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinblade View Post
That's everybody that isn't a GM
Not everyone questions the moves of the Executive of the Year and wonders whether or not he is out of his mind.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Mekias
Rookie

Mekias hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

While TD seemed to know what he was doing last year, there's still a possibility in my mind that he was just lucky. As such, I still have some doubts and will continue to second-guess his moves. If he can repeat last year's performance, THEN I might start trusting him a little more.
Mekias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:26 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol c'mon are yall serious? How in the world could anyone question TD after last year? Do you not remember how bad we was before he showed up? In one offseason we went from laughing stock in the NFL to playoffs based based soley on the moves he made. Now he isn't a idiot because he doens't pay a DT 100 million dollers. I thought falcons fan were smarter then that. I guess not
Old 03-12-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Mekias
Rookie

Mekias hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Are you being serious? It was one year. The annals of football are overrun with one year wonders who fail repeatedly again and again trying to recapture that one year of glory.

I'm cautiously optimistic with TD. He seems really smart and is capable of making difficult decisions when other GMs would hang on to guys way past their prime. But he didn't make all these decisions on his own, he didn't coach the guys on the field, and one year is still a small sample size.
Mekias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekias View Post
Are you being serious? It was one year. The annals of football are overrun with one year wonders who fail repeatedly again and again trying to recapture that one year of glory.

I'm cautiously optimistic with TD. He seems really smart and is capable of making difficult decisions when other GMs would hang on to guys way past their prime. But he didn't make all these decisions on his own, he didn't coach the guys on the field, and one year is still a small sample size.
And none of those 1 year wonder teams had a pro bowl QB. Once you get a franchise QB and a smart GM then everything else will work itself out. If he can fix that mess of a team that we was last year. Then he can find a few starters to fill out our defense.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Twinblade
Rookie

Until this team can prove that they can win back to back. d34ng3l021, your right, not everybody is going to question him but instead ride his wagon because he got lucky last season and now everybody thinks hes some kind of football god.

I do hope we break the trend and actually win back to back seasons, but until then, I will not jump on TD wagon.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
David-

Twinblade my man, I'm optimistic on our 2009 Atlanta Falcons, there is so much going for us on the offensive side of the ball and we have a great chance of doing the same for our defensive side. Have a little faith, it's not just a bandwagon. It's called being a fan =). Btw hey #falcon friends I missed you guys!