Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who was better in a 4-3
Chiefs 56 50.00%
Broncos 10 8.93%
Packers 43 38.39%
All will be successful 3 2.68%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2009, 02:24 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skills vs. size are two very different things. I just don't like the skills that Kampman has translated to the 3-4.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:12 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Skills vs. size are two very different things. I just don't like the skills that Kampman has translated to the 3-4.
I think he's going to be a dominant bull rusher, but the other skills have to develop (which isn't guaranteed to happen). And he can stop the run, but he can't let himself get lost in space and he might be too slow to catch runners on the outside.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kampmann makes his money with leverage. He's one of the best leverage bullrushers in the game. Reminds me of a poor man's Strahan.

With the switch to rushbacker, its gonna be much harder for him to use leverage, because he's not squatted down, and isn't short enough to get under pads like Harrison and Woodley of the Steelers do.

And thats just the pass rushing aspect of it. How fluid are his hips in coverage and run stuffing?

I think he's much better suited as a natural base LE in a 4-3, but we'll see how he fares. He's the one real question mark to this transition.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Kampmann makes his money with leverage. He's one of the best leverage bullrushers in the game. Reminds me of a poor man's Strahan.

With the switch to rushbacker, its gonna be much harder for him to use leverage, because he's not squatted down, and isn't short enough to get under pads like Harrison and Woodley of the Steelers do.

And thats just the pass rushing aspect of it. How fluid are his hips in coverage and run stuffing?

I think he's much better suited as a natural base LE in a 4-3, but we'll see how he fares. He's the one real question mark to this transition.
That's what I am curious to see too.. I want to see how he does standing up and in coverage and basically reading his keys up right..
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arizona's defense was basically a 3-4 in a 4-3 base. That's what Pendergrast runs. It's a hybrid. The Chiefs will likely run the same thing with more emphasis on 3-4 fronts.

I see them moving Dorsey around the DL. He'll play both NT and DE, I see that as the most effective way to utilize him until he can handle the NT duties full-time. He could definitely develop into a Casey Hampton. But he could be a Jay Ratliff in the mean-time.

The Chiefs need to focus on getting a few 3-4 DE's and OLB's. Plenty of options in UFA, but they should also probably be the ones to pull the Jarron Gilbert trigger in the 2nd round if Tyson Jackson isn't there.
________
Glass Pipe

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:54 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

The Broncos have Mike Nolan, instant fail!