Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-22-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Which new HC will have the most success?

A NFL record 11 new coaches were hired this season (including 2 interim coaches in Singletary and Cable, as well as 2 coaches in waiting in Caldwell and Mora). Which HC do you think will have the most success?

My vote goes to Jim Caldwell. He goes on a team with a great offensive mind in Payton Manning. Harrison has lost a step but he has Wayne and Gonzalez ready to break out in his 3rd year. And although theyre losing Saturday they did draft 2 lineman last year to help prepare for this. I think Haley could have the most long-term success with all the young talent but in the immediate short-term my vote goes to Caldwell.

In case anyone needs a reminder, here's the 11 HC's.

Jim Schwartz
Raheem Morris
Josh McDaniels
Jim Caldwell
Todd Haley
Rex Ryan
Eric Mangini
Tom Cable
Mike Singletary
Steve Spagnuolo
Jim Mora Jr.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i want to see singletary and rex have a great year but it will be caldwell, hes inheriting a great great team
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rex Ryan. Mark it down. Just read what he's saying in his quotes. He wants a physical team that will run the ball, and that's exactly what he got. Plus he has a fantastic staff
Old 02-22-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just take Schwartz off the list, it's hopeless. Lions win 4 games this year MAYBE.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
just take Schwartz off the list, it's hopeless. Lions win 4 games this year MAYBE.
If Schwartz wins 4 or more games with that team they should build a statue of him outside the stadium.

As for my opinion on the rest...
Caldwell should easily be the best short-term guy with Manning and the rest of the Colts. I'm rooting for Mike Singletary though. Dropped pants and all.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rex Ryan if they can find a QB if not maybe Eric Mangini they have so much talent on the Browns they have to turn it around some time.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
NFLFreak2008

As much as I hope it is Raheem Morris, I am going to have to go with Jim Caldwell. He has Peyton Manning who will keep the team and offense in order and he has a lot of other talent to work with.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
gameplaya2435
Rookie

gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.

I'm holding out until we have the draft at least. If you started this thread at this time last year, who would have thought Harbaugh or Mike Smith would have had the years that they did?
Old 02-22-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going with Steve Spagnuolo. I believe he can over time turn it around in St. Louis.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
e-mac

Josh McDaniels, any Defensive improvement and they are a playoff team or Raheem Morris because I like Tampa as a young Defense to improve one of the two young kids I guess is what I'm saying i like the idea of new blood.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Burger
Rookie

Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tampa has the oldest defense in the NFL.
Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
e-mac

Kevin Carter, Derrick Brooks and Ronde Barber are old and that skews it Rudd, Talib, Gaines Adams, Tanard Jackson, Jovan Haye all young plus the upside in Sabby Piscitelli and Quincey Black is a young core but whatever...
Old 02-22-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i swear to god the next time someone uses the TAMPA'S DEFENSE IS OLD routine i am going to punch them in the face

brooks and barber are the only vital pieces of the defense who are old enough for their age to be a factor

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger View Post
Tampa has the oldest defense in the NFL.
They only have 3 players on Defense that are 30 or older, that's it. backups included.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:58 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All anyone in detroit has to do is win a game and they've got the franchise going in the right direction.

That said, Raheem Morris/

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll go with Jim Caldwell, he will win the Super Bowl.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going with Rex Ryan.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be so quick to nab Jim Caldwell. He made it a point in his press conference that a lot of things in Indy are going to change. He has already fun the DC out of town. He is inheriting a great team, but if the players don't buy in they could be in for a frustrating season. I am really praying it's Singletary but that's fairly obvious.

If Denver finds a hint of a defense McDaniels could easily be that guy.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
If Schwartz wins 4 or more games with that team they should build a statue of him outside the stadium.
Dude that would be classic if there was statue saying, "Jim Schwartz" went 5-11 with the 2009 Detroit Lions haha
Old 02-22-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's hard not to pick Caldwell, but if I had to pick second place, based on improvement, then I'm taking Mike Singletary.

I'm having a feeling that he is going to have a wonderful draft and will turn that team around sooner than people think. Division title might be a stretch, but wild card isn't totally out of the picture.

I've read and heard some of the things he wants to do and it's very intriguing to see how he process through it and what its results are.

Third place goes to Jim Schwartz. It's hard not to pick him, because the Lions have to get at least one win next year.
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Caldwell is guaranteed to have success because of the team he has taken over but I like Todd Haley as the longshot.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I wouldn't be so quick to nab Jim Caldwell. He made it a point in his press conference that a lot of things in Indy are going to change. He has already fun the DC out of town. He is inheriting a great team, but if the players don't buy in they could be in for a frustrating season. I am really praying it's Singletary but that's fairly obvious.

If Denver finds a hint of a defense McDaniels could easily be that guy.
I think the small changes will be very good for this team though. We needed a different DC because Ron Meeks was not aggressive at all. Larry Coyer really makes the most out of team speed and Indy's defense has plenty of that. Coyer also really emphasises pressuring the QB so look for possibly more blitzing.

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation420
Rookie

RaiderNation420 RaiderNation420 RaiderNation420

Cable Guy...
RaiderNation420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Burger
Rookie

Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cable will have one of the worst records in the NFL.
Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Loggerhead
Rookie

Loggerhead hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Loggerhead hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Tom Cable.