Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
A months prescription of Prozac and a 7th rounder.
Done and done.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sadley enough Sage is probably and upgrade as of right now over what they have.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well this is an upgrade but I'm glad their standards are so low that they'll trade for Rosenfels

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Hmmmm, If Sage "Failcopter" Rosenfels can fetch a 4th rounder, I wonder what ole VY could net us?
do you remember that minor leaguer that was traded for a bunch of bats?

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And the Vikings are now out of the market for a QB. :D
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear Vikings,

Please continue to address your QB position with a combination of Tjack and s Vets who are best remembered for head butting walls and helicoptering fumbles until AD is 30. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Titletown.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
do you remember that minor leaguer that was traded for a bunch of bats?
This really made me laugh. Good stuff. I'll rep you once i can.

As for the story, you can't help but chuckle if you're a Vikings fan. Sage mother f'ing Rosenfels? Seriously? Geez, what the hell are they thinking? These stop gap QBs are never gonna win any games for them. I don't wanna hear the "He doesn't need to win, just not lose" crap. Last year there was plenty of times the Vikings could have put a game away or beat the team they were playing and didn't because of horrible quarterback play. The easiest example is the Colts game. This is embarrassing.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houston will be needing a backup veteran QB badly now. Minnesota manages to upgrade over Frerotte, but they still need a young QB to develop for the future. Josh Freeman could be a fit at #22.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
This really made me laugh. Good stuff. I'll rep you once i can.

As for the story, you can't help but chuckle if you're a Vikings fan. Sage mother f'ing Rosenfels? Seriously? Geez, what the hell are they thinking? These stop gap QBs are never gonna win any games for them. I don't wanna hear the "He doesn't need to win, just not lose" crap. Last year there was plenty of times the Vikings could have put a game away or beat the team they were playing and didn't because of horrible quarterback play. The easiest example is the Colts game. This is embarrassing.
I would be fine with stop gap QBs if we would actually get a guy with a high ceiling. But no, Chilly seems content waiting for Jackson to develop into something he is not. He is putting all his eggs in one basket with Jackson and it is going to cost him his job.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brodie Croyle to Houston for a 1986 Transformers Aluminum Lunchbox
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Brodie Croyle to Houston for a 1986 Transformers Aluminum Lunchbox
So that when Schaub gets injured in 3 games they can have a guy that gets injured even quicker? I like it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Cocelesti

I wonder what Houston chooses to do now? And is not sure Rosensfels is the solution in Minnesota.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice job Minnesota. Keep trying to win with one crappy veteran after another. Waste the best running back, run defense and pass rusher. That way all we have to talk about is their wasted potential.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It isn't done yet. Houston wants a third (which Minny offered last year,) the Viks are offering a 5th. I still wouldn't be surprised if Houston stands stubborn.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Cocelesti

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
It isn't done yet. Houston wants a third (which Minny offered last year,) the Viks are offering a 5th. I still wouldn't be surprised if Houston stands stubborn.
It will probably be a fourth round pick as it looks right now. I still think a third round pick will be too much for them ...
Old 02-23-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
wow....

i rather roll the dice on Jeff Garcia. this makes no sense to me.
My thoughts exactly. Sign Garcia, dump Jackson, keep Frerotte around as a true backup, draft a mid-round guy to develop a little behind Garcia for a season or two.....

Much smarter way to go than Rosenfels imo.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
My thoughts exactly. Sign Garcia, dump Jackson, keep Frerotte around as a true backup, draft a mid-round guy to develop a little behind Garcia for a season or two.....

Much smarter way to go than Rosenfels imo.
What happens to David Booty?

I'd say get Garcia, keep trying to develop Jackson and Booty.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 02-23-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What happens to David Booty?

I'd say get Garcia, keep trying to develop Jackson and Booty.
I love JDB! I hope he does not get lost in the shuffle. he is bound for greatness!
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocelesti View Post
It will probably be a fourth round pick as it looks right now. I still think a third round pick will be too much for them ...
I'm just saying, Houston wants a third. And they have shown to be stubborn with not accepting offers.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 02-23-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i guess i'm fine with this. sage wont lead us to the super bowl, but at least we know he will lead us to a new coach
Old 02-23-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by russie View Post
i guess i'm fine with this. sage wont lead us to the super bowl, but at least we know he will lead us to a new coach
hahhaa another epic response!

NICE!
Quote:
Old 02-23-2009, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Cocelesti

Quote:
I'm just saying, Houston wants a third. And they have shown to be stubborn with not accepting offers.
Correct. I just think that price is too much compared to what they get.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please do this deal. I'm so sick of the Titans taking Schaub out of games, only to see Rosenfels come in and spearhead insane comebacks. The guy has a knack for killing the Titans.

The Rosencopter needs to take flight.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
IceKubes
Rookie

IceKubes hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Please do this deal. I'm so sick of the Titans taking Schaub out of games, only to see Rosenfels come in and spearhead insane comebacks. The guy has a knack for killing the Titans.

The Rosencopter needs to take flight.
This is how I feel about Haynesworth, get em both out of the AFC South and I'll be a happy camper.
IceKubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKubes View Post
This is how I feel about Haynesworth, get em both out of the AFC South and I'll be a happy camper.
Agreed. As a pseudo Colts fan the first player I want far away is Haynesworth and the second is Sage Rosenf...

Wait, what?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote