Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
What happens to David Booty?

I'd say get Garcia, keep trying to develop Jackson and Booty.
Forgot all about Booty.....alright. Remove the rook from my previous suggestion then. And with Jackson, I feel like Frerotte is the better game-manager backup type. I'd like him more if he had to just sub in for a game or two rather than Jackson.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we do this, then we ******* better be planning to draft a QB in the first round.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man you know its the slow time of year when a thread on Sage Rosenfels goes 3 pages...
Old 02-23-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Man you know its the slow time of year when a thread on Sage Rosenfels goes 3 pages...
yeah, but once free agency starts, alot of teams can start talking **** about finally getting that missing piece
Old 02-23-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do they want another borderline starting QB? Do they think stockpilling QB's is the way to go?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Why do they want another borderline starting QB? Do they think stockpilling QB's is the way to go?
they gonna cut Childress and hire Gruden!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's what i'd do signed Jon Gruden.
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Gruden approach, lol.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
You beat me to it.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Quote:
That's what i'd do signed Jon Gruden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
The Gruden approach, lol.
All in the same minute, haha....oh Gruden...you'd better get back to the NFL soon or we'll lose one of our best running jokes.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramage View Post
A little suprising as Scaub has missed time each of the last two years, but still an decent move, it shows your commitment to your starting QB and should give you another talented guy to put on the field. Might also give them the confidence to take a flyer on a guy like Pat White if he's willing to play a slash/wildcat role to get his foot in the door.
I don't think it shows commitment to Schaub as much as it shows the Texans getting amazing trade value for Rosenfels. The Texans will be looking for a potential replacement for Schaub in this draft. They have an option to make this Schaub's last year.

There's a $10m option at the end of this year for the remaining 3 years on his contract... I really think the Texans are going to be looking for a potential starter.
________
California medical marijuana dispensaries

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:53 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
All in the same minute, haha....oh Gruden...you'd better get back to the NFL soon or we'll lose one of our best running jokes.
I win, u fail

Old 02-23-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I don't think it shows commitment to Schaub as much as it shows the Texans getting amazing trade value for Rosenfels. The Texans will be looking for a potential replacement for Schaub in this draft. They have an option to make this Schaub's last year.

There's a $10m option at the end of this year for the remaining 3 years on his contract... I really think the Texans are going to be looking for a potential starter.
Then why didn't the Texans trade him last year when the Viks offered a 3rd? lol.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

So Alt fans who are the two players you guys drafted for the picks you got for Schaub I'm not sure?
Old 02-23-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
If we do this, then we ******* better be planning to draft a QB in the first round.
Who? Freeman...?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
So Alt fans who are the two players you guys drafted for the picks you got for Schaub I'm not sure?
i think someone like Blalock and Houston

Old 02-23-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Essentially, half of Sam Baker (pick included in deal to Washington to get him), a small piece of Jamaal Anderson (moved up two spots and got him), and Justin Blalock (the 2nd rounder straight from Houston).

Follow Me on Twitter!

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 02-23-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ATL moved up for Anderson?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
ATL moved up for Anderson?
Not FOR him, but the trade with Schaub moved them from 10 to 8 as well as getting 2 second rounders (one in 07, one in 08)

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 02-23-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Then why didn't the Texans trade him last year when the Viks offered a 3rd? lol.
Stupid move on the Texans' part. They could've had a potential starter out of the 2008 class. They probably kept Sage because they weren't sure of Schaub's health and thought Rosenfels might be their starter. They smartly gave up on that idea this off-season. Also, they probably weren't thinking of getting rid of Schaub last year, so they needed a viable back-up to keep them in the playoff hunt.

Sage is such a piece of trash though... He's just like Frerrotte and Kelly Holcomb. He's great when he's trying to prove himself in a backup role, but as soon as he's the man, he falls apart.

JD Booty is their best option (and actually a pretty good one to be quite honest) at QB. He'll make accurate throws and keep them in a position to win games. Might even make some plays while he's at it as he gets comfortable. Booty never got a chance to get comfortable at USC. He was backing up Leinart, and by the time he got done doing that, he had Mark Sanchez breathing down his neck...
________
VAPOR GENIE VAPORIZER REVIEW

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:53 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

wait so after one year when Schaub was prolly the best QB that franchise had ( yea i know) they wanted to get rid of him?

Do u actually have anything to back that up

Old 02-23-2009, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Josh Freeman here they come.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Who? Freeman...?
The way Sanchez allowed himself to get picked apart this week might open the door for him being available to Minnesota when they pick. If he were to be there, i'd be extremely surprised if they didn't take him.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What honestly is going through the mind of Spielman and Childress when they are making any decisions concerning the quarterback position?

What improvement would Sage Rosenfels bring?

He'll be an improvement, but at what extent? The name Gus Freotte comes to mind.
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote