Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:07 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I would keep Tarvaris Jackson. He looked improved last season.
improved is the key word here. He went from Abysmal to Very Bad.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:38 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vikings need a game manager. Not an all-star quarterback. I think Rosenfels can handle that at least.

I can hope that they still go for Cassel or Garcia right?

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:39 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to wait and see on this. It's not like a team wakes up and makes this decision. I am guessing they watched alot of tape of him, and studied him really in depth to come up with the idea to trade for him, and incorporate him in the WCO. All he has to do is stick to the reads and he will be fine. I am guessing the stuff they saw on tape confirmed all this.

So I will have to wait and see how he does, especially during pre season games after he learns the system.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:20 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
I have to wait and see on this. It's not like a team wakes up and makes this decision. I am guessing they watched alot of tape of him, and studied him really in depth to come up with the idea to trade for him, and incorporate him in the WCO. All he has to do is stick to the reads and he will be fine. I am guessing the stuff they saw on tape confirmed all this.

So I will have to wait and see how he does, especially during pre season games after he learns the system.
The Vikings actually pursued him last offseason as well, but the Texans wanted a 2nd rounder. So yeah I think they have taken a nice long look at him and like what they see.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:22 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
The Vikings actually pursued him last offseason as well, but the Texans wanted a 2nd rounder. So yeah I think they have taken a nice long look at him and like what they see.
Then I'd be confident that they did their hw when it came to him vs other guys to run the WCO like Garcia. They must have seen something on film that made then decide to go after him instead of Garcia.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:25 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's one of those moves that nobody even thought was an option. Everyone thought it would be Garcia, Cassel, Warner or a rookie. I know I'm shocked and I think other fans are as well, but I guess we will just have to wait and see how it pans out.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is only a 4th, so I guess it could be worth it?!
Im trying to see their line of thinking on this one....

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:43 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
It's one of those moves that nobody even thought was an option. Everyone thought it would be Garcia, Cassel, Warner or a rookie. I know I'm shocked and I think other fans are as well, but I guess we will just have to wait and see how it pans out.
Yeah I figured it would be Garcia, not really Cassel, and def. not Warner. Warner is a Air Coryell guy, and wouldn't see him as a WCO offense guy. That would have been very suprising.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:02 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
What upswing? They're 16-16 the last two years with consecutive 8-8 records. It's better than the 8-24 they were the two years prior, but c'mon... Schaub is great for that offense, but the improvement to the OL and (subsequently) running game is why they made the jump to mediocre from awful.

Schaub's too fragile. He always has been. When your starting QB is only on the field for 69% of your games (at best), that's not good! You want to go ahead and invest $10m up front for another 3 years of a guy who hasn't been able to play more than 11 games in a season on a team that's trying to rise to power in the AFC South?

I love Schaub, but the Texans seriously need to be looking for someone else, and unless he goes through 2009 with a perfectly clean bill of health, he's (unfortunately) gotta go...
And if you're Houston, what are you gonna do? Unless there's a team out there willing to trade their commodity at quarterback, you're screwed and stuck with what you got (which isn't a horrible option). Schaub is good, and the improving OL and running game (like you mentioned) will only help him perform better. What would you do? Draft a quarterback and release Schaub? You're back at step one. Houston can only go forward from here, and getting rid of Schaub for anything less would be a huge step back.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
SAGE TO SAIL TO VIKINGS
Posted by Mike Florio on February 24, 2009, 10:39 a.m. EST

As it turns out, the Vikings will have an Iowa native playing quarterback in 2009. As it turns out, it won’t be the Iowa native that some had envisioned.

The Houston Chronicle reports that, a year after the Texans nearly traded quarterback Sage Rosenfels to the Vikings, the deal is going down.

Rosenfels will head to Minnesota for a fourth-round pick in the 2009 draft.

The trade will be finalized on Friday, the first day of the league year and the first day on which trades can be made.

Rosenfels grew up in Iowa and played at Iowa State. The move means that fellow Iowa native, Kurt Warner, most likely won’t be landing in Minnesota.

Signed through 2009 at a salary of $1.35 million, Rosenfels likely will be agreeing to a new contract as part of the transaction.
So its likes its all done just need to wait for Free agency to start to get it done. Can't be upset with it he is an upgrade over what we have and will bring competition to the QB core we have. The vikings did a get a taste of Sage last year when Schaub went down and He went like 224 yards and 2 td and a Pick on them.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I start getting all pissed off and that, but then I look at the other underrated pickups like Chester Taylor, Ben Leber, and Shaincoe. I understand this position carries more importance, but I'm going to keep the pitchfork stored for now.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vikings kinda seem like they're playing it cheap with their QB to me. I know a lot of fans think teams just need a QB who won't lose games, but there's a reason organizations like the Steelers, Giants, Colts, Eagles, Chargers, Patriots, Ravens, etc spend big money and high picks on their QB position.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
IceKubes
Rookie

IceKubes hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
The Vikings need a game manager. Not an all-star quarterback. I think Rosenfels can handle that at least.

I can hope that they still go for Cassel or Garcia right?
I doubt Sage is going to be a game manager type of QB. If you haven't seen him play the last couple years the best advice I would have is take a look at his completion percentage and YPA. Both are very high. He goes down field and really makes a ton of big plays. Unfortunately he takes so many risks that he will throw his fair share of boneheaded picks. Hes a gunslinger. If he is the starter from day 1 and feels secure about that he might tone it down a bit but he won't change too much. He is who he is. For a fourth rounder the potential reward is greater than the risk. For the Texans, might as well get a draft pick while hes still under contract.
IceKubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he'll do wonders for Sidney Rice, he's always had potential for 1000 yards and double digit TD's, with somebody tossing the rock around he'll breakout, he's money in the red zone with jumpballs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think he'll do wonders for Sidney Rice, he's always had potential for 1000 yards and double digit TD's, with somebody tossing the rock around he'll breakout, he's money in the red zone with jumpballs.
Yeah, he had someone named Andre to work with in Houston, but its Sidney Rice that will help him turn the corner alright.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Look at the difference between AJ with Schaub vs AJ with Rosenfels and say that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sidney Rice is a China-doll.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sidney Rice is a China-doll.
Unfortunately that is looking to be true. That said, he is a very talented China-doll, maybe if we can find some kind of revolutionary adhesive to hold him together...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just an FYI:

The Vikings are expected to release Gus Frerotte if they complete their acquisition of Sage Rosenfels.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6279451.html

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bottom line is, Sage had 1 year left on his deal (which is why the price is lower this year than last), and Houston can go out and sign someone just as good as Sage to backup Schaub, and make sure that hes there for more than one year, and they get a 4th rounder out of it.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess we will see on Friday if they do it!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Bottom line is, Sage had 1 year left on his deal (which is why the price is lower this year than last), and Houston can go out and sign someone just as good as Sage to backup Schaub, and make sure that hes there for more than one year, and they get a 4th rounder out of it.
Everyone is praising Houston for their ability to get something for a backup. Minnesota is who is being trashed, not Houston.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's official...

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote