Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:28 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
All I had to read was the first sentence of that article to know it wasn't true. Jerry Jones saying he isn't going to spend money is like saying the Yankees aren't going to spend money.

I say they at least make one big offer to a free agent or make a decent trade proposal to Carolina for Julius Peppers. They are bound to make a big splash, especially with the cap limit just increasing.
And you obviously have no clue what the heck you're talking about.

There's no chance in hell we offer ANYTHING for Julius Peppers, and there won't be any "big" offers to FA's. If we throw any type of money at a FA it will be to Chris Canty, or a smallish offer to another guy that can come in and fill his spot. The cap limit increased by what, 4 million dollars? That's not a whole lot, and we still have to sign draft picks and make room for that big contract extension for Ware.

Offering for Peppers.... LOL.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:43 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, because we've seen in the past couple years that they haven't made a big splash, with getting the following guys:

Terrell Owens
Roy Williams
Leonard Davis
Tank Johnson
Zach Thomas
Akin Ayodele
Pac Man Jones
Ken Hamlin

yep, that shows good history that they won't make an offer to any big free agent, let alone make an offer for Peppers, who has stated Dallas as his top team he wants to go to.

Not to mention the fact that the possibilty of both Terrell Owens, Roy Williams might be let go come draft day.

I wouldn't totally rule the possibilty out.
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wait, Tank Johnson and PacMan is a big move?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:26 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
wait, Tank Johnson and PacMan is a big move?
financially may have been I forget how mcuh they spent on those two clowns.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:38 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really hope peppers doesnt go to dallas. If they got peppers and lewis, their defense would be ridiculous

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea, because we've seen in the past couple years that they haven't made a big splash, with getting the following guys:

Terrell Owens
Roy Williams
Leonard Davis
Tank Johnson
Zach Thomas
Akin Ayodele
Pac Man Jones
Ken Hamlin

yep, that shows good history that they won't make an offer to any big free agent, let alone make an offer for Peppers, who has stated Dallas as his top team he wants to go to.

Not to mention the fact that the possibilty of both Terrell Owens, Roy Williams might be let go come draft day.

Terrell Owens was brought in when there was a dire need for a WR. Huge difference here. And seriously, the last five are "big splashes"? Ken Hamlin was brought in on a one year deal, Akin Ayodole was given league average, Zach Thomas was given a one year deal, Jones and Johnson played for chump change. So if ESPN makes a big deal out of it, you think it's a big signing? LOL

Quote:

This made my blood boil. Roy Williams, the same Roy Williams whom we JUST traded for, gave up a ton of draft picks, AND signed to a big extension? Seriously? We might let him go? Jesus, i'm having a very hard time not calling you something infraction worthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Not at all. Tank Johnson played for about 600k a year, and so did PacMan. The only thing we lost for Jones was a 5th rounder i believe. May have been less since he hardly played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i really hope peppers doesnt go to dallas. If they got peppers and lewis, their defense would be ridiculous
I don't know how many times i'll have to say this, but Peppers will not be in Dallas, i can absolutely guarantee that, unless something out of this world happens and we trade DeMarcus Ware, or something equally ridiculous. One, we don't have much to give up to bring him in. Two, we have no money to sign him to an extension. Three, bringing in ANOTHER linebacker isn't a necessity. And four, Ray Lewis, the more likely of the two to come to Dallas, most likely isn't coming either because of our cap situation, so please let's kill this stupid, ridiculous Peppers to Dallas rumor.

Last edited by MetSox17 : 02-26-2009 at 11:50 AM.
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Tank was signed to a 2 year incentive laden contract that could've paid him up to $1.6M. Base salaries of $510K for '07 and $605K in '08.

Pacman signed a 4 year deal with NO guaranteed money.
2008 - $700K base
2009 - $1M base; $250K roster bonus in March; $250K workout bonus
2010 - $3M base; $255K roster bonus in March; $250K workout bonus
2011 - $7.25M base

Zach Thomas signed a 1 year, 3M dollar contract.

So Jerry took no risk with those clowns.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
On paper atleast.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Tank was signed to a 2 year incentive laden contract that could've paid him up to $1.6M. Base salaries of $510K for '07 and $605K in '08.

Pacman signed a 4 year deal with NO guaranteed money.
2008 - $700K base
2009 - $1M base; $250K roster bonus in March; $250K workout bonus
2010 - $3M base; $255K roster bonus in March; $250K workout bonus
2011 - $7.25M base

Zach Thomas signed a 1 year, 3M dollar contract.

So Jerry took no risk with those clowns.

Wow, imagine IF lol..they worked out. Cheap contracts.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
On paper atleast.
Exactly! They have talent but their front runners. When times get hard or if it's a big game, they fold like a deck of cards. They have no leadership and that includes management up, and when things fall apart everyone points fingers at each other. I am not worried. If they ever get leadership and Jerry stops mettling is the day I get sceeeeered of them.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats why I'd be horrified If Ray Lewis would sign there. Ray won't take **** from nobody, even the Owner probably.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post

This made my blood boil. Roy Williams, the same Roy Williams whom we JUST traded for, gave up a ton of draft picks, AND signed to a big extension? Seriously? We might let him go? Jesus, i'm having a very hard time not calling you something infraction worthy.

I meant the safety...

I'm not an idiot who might think that the Cowboys would trade a receiver who they gave away a first rounder for. I'd imagine you would know who I'm talking about seeing as how you are the one saying the team won't spend money.

Thanks for thinking before you post...

Last edited by JFLO : 02-26-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

BTW, it looks as if Dallas is looking to trade Roy Williams, the safety, for those who don't have common sense.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...S-Roy-Williams
Old 02-27-2009, 02:34 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Maybe he thought you had the sense to realize Roy Williams the S is no longer relevant and hasn't been for about 4 years.

Or maybe he quit paying attention after you listed off numerous players who weren't big splashes.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:25 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Maybe he thought you had the sense to realize Roy Williams the S is no longer relevant and hasn't been for about 4 years.

Or maybe he quit paying attention after you listed off numerous players who weren't big splashes.
What difference does that make? He still takes up a ton of money and that is money that could be used in free agency. Do all Cowboy fans lack common sense?

Okay, let's get some things straight here:

When you sign Terrell Owens, that is a big splash, no matter what the circumstances. They signed him to a good contract, but they didn't just sign the player, they signed the character issues that he brings along with his game.

The same goes with Tank Johnson and Pacman Jones. It's ironic that they sign both players who were suspended by the NFL. I don't care what the money was, they went to the two players who they probably should have stayed away from and it's proven today with Pacman no longer on the team and Tank Johnson barely getting any production.

They traded for Roy Williams...that is a big splash, whether it is in free agency or not...

I still think that Ray Lewis ends up in Dallas, even with Bart Scott presumably signing with the Jets.

Ray Lewis, just for those of you that don't realize, would be considered a big splash.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What difference does that make? He still takes up a ton of money and that is money that could be used in free agency. Do all Cowboy fans lack common sense?

Okay, let's get some things straight here:

When you sign Terrell Owens, that is a big splash, no matter what the circumstances. They signed him to a good contract, but they didn't just sign the player, they signed the character issues that he brings along with his game.

The same goes with Tank Johnson and Pacman Jones. It's ironic that they sign both players who were suspended by the NFL. I don't care what the money was, they went to the two players who they probably should have stayed away from and it's proven today with Pacman no longer on the team and Tank Johnson barely getting any production.

They traded for Roy Williams...that is a big splash, whether it is in free agency or not...

I still think that Ray Lewis ends up in Dallas, even with Bart Scott presumably signing with the Jets.

Ray Lewis, just for those of you that don't realize, would be considered a big splash.
What is so bad about making big splash signings again???

Yes, I hope Dallas signs Lewis, but it ain't happening. Ray may be interested, but I haven't heard 1 single word saying the feeling was mutual.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:31 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
What is so bad about making big splash signings again???

Yes, I hope Dallas signs Lewis, but it ain't happening. Ray may be interested, but I haven't heard 1 single word saying the feeling was mutual.
I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, I just said that the team has a history of doing it and someone disagreed with me...
Old 02-27-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Terrell Owens
Roy Williams
Leonard Davis
Tank Johnson
Zach Thomas
Akin Ayodele
Pac Man Jones
Ken Hamlin

This post makes so little sense to me it's not even funny...So you want to compare a Free Agent signing like Leonard Davis that happened before the 2007 season to this off-season now, did you ever stop to think that the contract situations may of been different seeing as how that was 3 years ago?

And it's already been said but putting guys like Tank Johnson, Zach Thomas, and Akin Ayodele in one boat and saying that's "making a splash" makes you look like a fool...I guess everyone Dallas signs is "making a splash" eh? Half those guys were around the league minimum and the others were average Free Agent signings, there wasn't a long list of teams lined up to sign Ayodele or Zach Thomas.

Everyone wants to keep mentioning Tank Johnson like he's some sort of huge story, Dallas signs superthug and blows up in their face or whatever, but he was cheap as hell, he was a depth signing, he finished as depth, and hasn't sniffed the least bit of trouble since he was brought in...So I fail to see what's the problem with him, suspension or not he's certainly not a big Free Agent splash.

Unless your still counting 600k salaries as making a huge splash then you can count on us being huge players every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, I just said that the team has a history of doing it and someone disagreed with me...
You keep talking about common sense. We have no money. I don't know how many more ways we can say that to you.

Use your sense to figure out why we couldn't resign our own free agents (Canty and Burnett) and how it is impossible for us to beat the offer that the Ravens already gave to Ray Lewis.

We are about to give D Ware a "Haynesworth" type deal.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote