Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

View Poll Results: How did we do?
BEST FORUM MOCK OF ALL-TIME! 2 12.50%
Hell of a job 7 43.75%
Better than expected 5 31.25%
Average 1 6.25%
Not up to par 0 0%
Disappointing 0 0%
I hate you (please explain) 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Forum Mock Results: How did we do?

Here's the final depth chart for the Lions after WMD, Wingy, and I got revamped the roster:

Drafted players in blue, free agents in red, and re-signings in green

Depth Chart

Offense
QB:: Matthew Stafford / Dan Orlovsky / Drew Stanton / Daunte Culpepper / Jon Kitna
RB:: Kevin Smith / Deuce McAllister / Aveion Cason / Brian Calhoun
FB:: Moran Norris / Jerome Felton
WR:: Calvin Johnson / Mike Thomas / John Standeford
WR:: Brandon Jones / Jabar Gaffney
TE:: Jared Cook / Michael Gaines / Casey Fitzsimmons
LT:: Eugene Monroe / Jeff Backus
LG:: Mike Goff
C:: Dominic Raiola
RG:: Stephen Peterman / Manny Ramirez
RT:: Gosder Cherilus

Defense
LE:: Dewayne White / Andre Fluellen
NT:: Albert Haynesworth / Chuck Darby
UT:: Cory Redding / Landon Cohen
RE:: Cliff Avril / Jared DeVries
WLB:: Ernie Sims / Ryan Nece
MLB:: Mike Peterson / Darry Beckwith / Jordon Dizon
SLB:: Michael Boley / Alex Lewis
CB:: D.J. Moore / Travis Fisher / Ramzee Robinson
CB:: Chris Johnson / Keith Smith / Cary Harris
FS:: James Butler / Kalvin Pearson
SS:: Daniel Bullocks / Gerald Alexander / Stuart Schweigert

Special Teams
K:: Jason Hanson
P:: Nick Harris
LS:: Don Muhlbach
PR:: Mike Thomas / D.J. Moore
KR:: Mike Thomas / Aveion Cason

Questions? Comments? Dirty Remarks?
Old 02-25-2009, 07:07 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmm...we finally have a special teams with Thomas and DJ Moore no less who becomes our starting CB-great job

haynesworth, peterson(aka the veteran maxed out brandon spikes), and boley added to stud up our middle-we have a chance in hell of improving our defensive ranking to top 15.

like the brandon jones and deuce signings. and stafford and monroe are the best of everybody's world.

i don't think you missed anything. everyone on this board should be happy. stafford lovers have stafford. trench improvers have monroe AND haynesworth. mike goff also helped pave the way for LT and should show our guards how to play. linebackers were even upgraded a ton. DJ Moore and chris johnson put decent bodies in the secondary. johnson has KR ability as well with a return for a touchdown a couple years ago.

i can't find anything you missed. trading up for monroe was completely justified and a nice luxury since we already picked up haynesworth and peterson. so A+.

i'm not sure about the rules but if you could, cut culpepper and start danO with stanton and stafford backing up and then it'd look flawless.

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 02-25-2009 at 07:10 AM.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:18 AM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very good, though it still leaves the cornerbacks kind of weak, but what can you do.

Sadly, I feel Haynesworth is totally impossible. Would be nice though.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:18 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see this mock, but what was the package to trade back up in the 1st and to who?
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:42 AM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I kept checking in through out the mock and was always impressed, ver nice job guys. You guys did a TON of work and it payed off.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:47 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think your starting secondary is still pretty shaky. having to start a rookie cb before training camp is a bit rough and chris johnson is more of a reliable nickle than he is a good starter. he had flashes of nice play last year but not enough for me yet. you could use for a better playmaker at safety too imo. neither butler or bullocks really impress me. haynesworth is obviously a great pickup though i do think its quite unrealistic.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate you because you made me look bad.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:51 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Five QBs?
This is a nice fantasy Lions team. The reality can only get worse...
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
I didn't see this mock, but what was the package to trade back up in the 1st and to who?
We made two trade ups. One to #14 with Nawlins by giving up Bodden (who we cut anyways, haha). The second was to #7 with Oakland. We just swapped some picks around. That deal was insanely good for us.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblain1 View Post
Five QBs?
This is a nice fantasy Lions team. The reality can only get worse...
We didn't adjust the roster. I just kept adding players to the depth chart.

Kitna and Culpepper would go if i had the choice.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
i think your starting secondary is still pretty shaky. having to start a rookie cb before training camp is a bit rough and chris johnson is more of a reliable nickle than he is a good starter. he had flashes of nice play last year but not enough for me yet. you could use for a better playmaker at safety too imo. neither butler or bullocks really impress me. haynesworth is obviously a great pickup though i do think its quite unrealistic.
Chris Johnson was statistically a top 10 starter in the NFL last year I've been told by many people.

And switch around the depth chart if you'd like. Moore can be the nickel and Travis Fisher can start as he's done throughout his career. Cary Harris is 84th overall on Scott's list and we got him in the 6th round!
Old 02-25-2009, 10:49 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Chris Johnson was statistically a top 10 starter in the NFL last year I've been told by many people.

And switch around the depth chart if you'd like. Moore can be the nickel and Travis Fisher can start as he's done throughout his career. Cary Harris is 84th overall on Scott's list and we got him in the 6th round!
like i said chris johnson played pretty well when he was handed the starting job but for more than half the season his stats are somewhat skewed based on his playing the nickle spot against 3rd and 4th string wrs. hes got promising potential but half a season as starter in the NFL isnt enough for me yet to annoint him savior of a bad secondary.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Ah well. We made the Lions look pretty darn good considering we came in with about 5 players worth building around.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is a fantasy, I love it
Old 02-25-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty impressive. You're trades were tremendous to get Monroe. I thought you guys gave up like a 1st next year, but only giving up Bodden to swap picks and then the trade with Oakland was crazy good too. If that happened in real life I would be ecstatic.

Haynesworth of course makes us look like a good team but in reality he's going elsewhere but he had the connections and probably got paid in this mock.

Good depth at LB now especially with Mike Peterson injury prone its good you got Beckwith.

Secondary is young and has a good Dline in front of them so I wouldn't be that worried. When our Dline did well, Bryant,Wilson and Fisher did ok in the first half of 2007 so it could work. And most of the teams we play in 09 don't have receivers that scare me other than GB,NO,Arizona. So it could work out.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should move away from starting Peterman but besides that it's a solid job.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford Monroe and Moore thru the draft? Thats a dream IMO.

Then on top of it you get Haynesworth Goff and Peterson thru FA.

This would be a dream come true... way to set me up for disappointment.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lots of prep work I'm sure and it paid off ... A little too O heavy with the draft and Fat Albert will not come to Detroit, otherwise the top 3 picks were pretty solid, trading up for Monroe was money. DJ Moore will help a TON is special teams and is an instant #1 CB. This team fielded as is would win 5 games I guess.
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Should move away from starting Peterman but besides that it's a solid job.
Did you notice we have Backus as a backup on the depth chart. He'd start at LG, Goff at RG, and Peterman a backup if we were actually playing a game.