Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 02-26-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Ron Brace is one of my favorite prospects in this draft and would have little objection of taking him at 33. Maybe move down a couple slots because every year potential first rounders fall to the top of the second. But if you draft a corner at 20 and then a stud NT like Brace at 33 I think that'd be a great start. Chuck Darby was a major disappointment.

What Martz/Marinelli cast-offs were actually good pick ups? Shaun McDonald, Mike Furrey and ....?

What a joke was that Pearson signing, my god. Should have released him right after that domestic dispute mess.
DeWayne White is decent in the first half of seasons. He disappears in the second half it seems. Furrey and McDonald are useless without Martz. We found that out last year.

Yes Pearson is only a special teamer and a horrible starter. He wasn't meant to play alot. Dwight Smith stunk and got hurt and Alexander got hurt. No what's sick, that Pearson made what Bullocks and Alexander made combined. Those 2 need to really step up this year in Bullocks and Alexander. Bullocks can tackle but can't cover and Alexander is coming off an injury(Millen 2nd round injury curse in year 2 Bailey,Lehman,Cody,Bullocks,Stanton/Alexander).

Darby was the biggest blunder in hindsight the Lions ever made under Marinelli IMO because it meant giving away Rogers for nothing. Forever I will hate Marinelli for this, it's not even Millens fault. Rogers and Mike Martz was the difference between 7-9 and 0-16.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
DeWayne White is decent in the first half of seasons. He disappears in the second half it seems. Furrey and McDonald are useless without Martz. We found that out last year.

Yes Pearson is only a special teamer and a horrible starter. He wasn't meant to play alot. Dwight Smith stunk and got hurt and Alexander got hurt. No what's sick, that Pearson made what Bullocks and Alexander made combined. Those 2 need to really step up this year in Bullocks and Alexander. Bullocks can tackle but can't cover and Alexander is coming off an injury(Millen 2nd round injury curse in year 2 Bailey,Lehman,Cody,Bullocks,Stanton/Alexander).

Darby was the biggest blunder in hindsight the Lions ever made under Marinelli IMO because it meant giving away Rogers for nothing. Forever I will hate Marinelli for this, it's not even Millens fault. Rogers and Mike Martz was the difference between 7-9 and 0-16.
AhhH Dewayne White slipped my mind, I really like him as a player. You are right that this is big year for Bullocks and Alexander. We really need them to step up or we need to find two more safeties. Depending on how free agency shakes out I've had thoughts of Louis Delmas running through my mind.

Honestly I always thought Martz should have been the head coach Rod the defensive co-ordinator. Martz would have found a way to get Kurt Warner here. Especially now when he's a free agent.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...ying_to_s.html

Trying to get a corner. Lito Sheppard, Shawntae Spencer, Stanford Routt and Carlos Rogers are the targets.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Trying to get a corner. Lito Sheppard, Shawntae Spencer, Stanford Routt and Carlos Rogers are the targets.
Rough estimates of cost

Shawntae Spencer - 3rd
Lito sheppard - 3rd
Routt - 4th-5th
Rogers - 2nd

We have no players to entice trade partners, but we could always get creative by swapping picks in the draft to create value.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Quote:
Rough estimates of cost

Shawntae Spencer - 3rd
Lito sheppard - 3rd
Routt - 4th-5th
Rogers - 2nd

We have no players to entice trade partners, but we could always get creative by swapping picks in the draft to create value.
I bet we could get Carlos Rogers for our first 3rd, its the first pick on day 2. Very valuable. Heck I'd trade the other 3rd for Spencer or Lito.

I could live with Rogers/Spencer in the secondary. Both are fairly young. Pick 20 could be an OT that falls then, pick 33 could be Brace(or trade back a little and get Brace plus a 4th) and we could get Mike Peterson in free agency.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see Rogers with the Lions. What about taking a flier on DeAngelo Hall as well?

As for DT, I could see Terrance Taylor in the #82 hole if he's still on the board...
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:04 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ml?eref=si_nfl

Quote:
Smart money said two big corners -- Bryant McFadden and Domonique Foxworth -- were leaning toward signing with Detroit and Baltimore, respectively. The Ravens have a strong need at corner, and Foxworth, 26, would be a good opening building block.
I would definitely take McFadden over Ken Lucas. Hope he signs!
Old 02-27-2009, 07:36 AM    (permalink
BcLion
Rookie

BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.

I want to go on record now and say I dont want to give up any draft picks in trade for FA players. FA is weak sauce this year and we are not going anywhere with the roster we have. We need to build the team through the draft and FA should only be used to fill gaps.

I am glad we are out of the Hayneworth sweepstakes and the redskins are nuts paying him that contract. I like that we are going after CB, WR, OG this makes me think Stafford is the pick 1 and LB at 20. I would like to take a flyer for the right price on Tank johnson or Gravy Jackson.
BcLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:19 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I hope the Lions go after Carlos Rogers HEAVILY now. Before re-signing Hall and sub-sequently signing Fat Albert, the 'Skins only had about $6 mil in cap space. They must be close to $15 mil over the cap now...they obviously have to shed some serious salary, and they are fairly deep at CB.

Give the 'Skins an affordable mid-round pick and bring Carlos to Detroit!
Old 02-27-2009, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
I hope the Lions go after Carlos Rogers HEAVILY now. Before re-signing Hall and sub-sequently signing Fat Albert, the 'Skins only had about $6 mil in cap space. They must be close to $15 mil over the cap now...they obviously have to shed some serious salary, and they are fairly deep at CB.

Give the 'Skins an affordable mid-round pick and bring Carlos to Detroit!
that'd be awesome. Rogers could really help us out.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BcLion View Post
I want to go on record now and say I dont want to give up any draft picks in trade for FA players. FA is weak sauce this year and we are not going anywhere with the roster we have. We need to build the team through the draft and FA should only be used to fill gaps.

I am glad we are out of the Hayneworth sweepstakes and the redskins are nuts paying him that contract. I like that we are going after CB, WR, OG this makes me think Stafford is the pick 1 and LB at 20. I would like to take a flyer for the right price on Tank johnson or Gravy Jackson.
For the most part I agree. I really don't want to see us part with our first 5 picks. Under some circumstance it would be fine such as a Lito Shep.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think the Lions could get Lito for a 4th round pick, his value is at an all-time low.

If they could get Carlos Rogers for their early 3rd round pick, even though the Lions need their draft picks, I would seriously consider that. Rogers could be great in Schwartz's defense, the Redskins are stupid imo to pick Hall over him. Then again maybe they release the old veteran Shawn Springs instead.

Plus the Lions did get an extra pick in both the 3rd and 4rd rounds, thanks to the Roy Williams trade, right? That could prove helpful.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I really think the Lions could get Lito for a 4th round pick, his value is at an all-time low.

If they could get Carlos Rogers for their early 3rd round pick, even though the Lions need their draft picks, I would seriously consider that. Rogers could be great in Schwartz's defense, the Redskins are stupid imo to pick Hall over him. Then again maybe they release the old veteran Shawn Springs instead.

Plus the Lions did get an extra pick in both the 3rd and 4rd rounds, thanks to the Roy Williams trade, right? That could prove helpful.

Saw on Mlive that Ron Bartell, Bryan McFadden and Nate Washington were planning on visting. And Skins released Shawn Springs so most likely no, Carlos Rogers trade.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:57 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

Quote:
Saw on Mlive that Ron Bartell, Bryan McFadden and Nate Washington were planning on visting. And Skins released Shawn Springs so most likely no, Carlos Rogers trade.
They're still going to have to make some more cuts or trades at some point, and they still have Hall, Smoot and Rogers at CB positions. Although I could see them cutting Smoot before trading Rogers, they might be convinced to trade Carlos for a third...we'll see anyways.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post

1st and 3rd from Dallas, we dont have a 4th rounder this yr as we traded it away to Dallas during the draft last year.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're right, Lions got a 1st, 3rd and a 6th. They give up a 7th.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
sunnyintheD
Rookie

sunnyintheD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Derrick Dockery visiting today.

http://davebirkett.blogspot.com/2009...-town-too.html
sunnyintheD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyintheD View Post
That would be a welcome addition.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyintheD View Post
If we get Dockery, Washington and a CB i'd be so happy.

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

good link:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...d_if_nate.html

I'd be interested in Dockery, I only question whether he can return to his form that he had with the Redskins a few years back or if he's lost his edge.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

I'll take Dockery I guess since Jason Brown seems to be going elsewhere. Hickory,Dickery Dockery, he better know how to blockery.

Also that means Backus won't be sliding to LG and that we probably won't go LT at least with the first pick.

Chris Carr is said to have some interest with the Vikings. And Vincent Fuller resigned with Tennessee.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Maurice Morris

3 years, 7 million

solid signing
Old 02-27-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to sign Dockery. It pretty much eliminates the chance of us drafting an OT #1 (if there was one) and would hopefully help Backus improve some.

I hope we can get the two Pittsburgh guys too, Nate Washington and Bryant McFadden.

I also read that the Lions are interested in Housh.. I'm not so sure he'd be interested in coming here and being a #2 though.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maurice Morris

3 years, 7 million

solid signing
No problem with that. Good enough signing.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted Derrick Ward, but Morris is cheaper.

Hopefully we can get a #2 WR and a LG next.

Here's the link:
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/27/lion...ith-rb-morris/